Official NBA 2018-2019 Thread - the end of the regular season is near

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So these NBA talking heads really think the Thunder are supposed to be the biggest threat to GS lmao...

They must have forgot who playoff Russ is & his poor 3 point shooting percentage this season.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
So these NBA talking heads really think the Thunder are supposed to be the biggest threat to GS lmao...

They must have forgot who playoff Russ is & his poor 3 point shooting percentage this season.

Nobody is beating Golden State if they're all tuned in and playing well. They have 5 fucking All Stars:smh: . Salute for 3 of them. Fuck those other 2.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
:lol:

Meanwhile Thomas Bryant is having a damn good year.

The irony is Bryant is younger and also a better defensive player.

and you trade Zubac because you're going to lose him....but you showcased him, and then traded him for nothing. Why not just waive Beasley. :smh:

and I knew Walton was going to push back from being the escape goat of some of these bullshit roster decisions.

Luke Walton is going full Nino Brown.

This shit is bigger than Klutch sports!!

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of today's players, teammates, or coach's regard Lebron as the GOAT or best scorer ever, and laugh at the idea that is discussed.

Lebron's numbers now look the same as they did in 2007, in my eyes, Lebron met all my expectations since I watched from high school. I expected Lebron to be a consistent, above average scorer, but I never expected him to outscore every player, every season, like Jordan did.

People are foolish to think he would eventually get a Jordan or Mamba mentality, but people gotta realize he is going to always play his style of basketball, which is a great style of basketball. Might not be that entertaining, but it is productive.

With the new rules, 27 points per game are pedestrian numbers for a guy with Lebron's size and height, he should be averaging 35 or 40 if he maxed his potential, and lead the league in scoring every single season.

I agree with Olajuwon, word for word, without even smiling. Lebron is great, but its not fair to compare him to Jordan. Don't take it as a personal insult to your basketball idol, it is just 100% truth.

The only disagreement is Jordan was far more superior than the other guards/forwards during his ERA with the second superior athlete was his teammate I would also add Dominique and Clyde Drexler as the tier below Jordan and Pippen. When we look back Post Jordan you will see the current Era 2005-2025 will be the greatest ERA when we re-calibrate the top 100 players of all time

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only disagreement is Jordan was far more superior than the other guards/forwards during his ERA with the second superior athlete was his teammate I would also add Dominique and Clyde Drexler as the tier below Jordan and Pippen. When we look back Post Jordan you will see the current Era 2005-2025 will be the greatest ERA when we re-calibrate the top 100 players of all time

Jordan was 6'6, 48 inch vertical, and ran a 4.3 40.

Name a better athlete in the NBA, other maybe Lebron because of his height.

He would have killed 2005 to 2025 players the same way, especially with today's rules.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I think you're underrating players and putting too much emphasis on physical skills. Kenny Walker was never an All Star. Harold Miner also.

Dwight Howard was a freak, and how many offensive skills does he have?

KD is a freak the same way Barkley was. Nobody was doing stuff at 6'5 like Barkley, just like nobody can do what KD can at 6'11.

And if this era is so great, than why are some of the all stars so iffy. You still struggle to come up with 24. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to be a Hall of Famer based on his career. Think about that. He's been to seven all star games. Reggie Miller and Chris Mullin went to five. Does he look like a Hall of Famer, but he's been to more all star games than CWebb.

This era continues what people like Derrick Coleman and Sam Perkins started. Bigs who handle the ball and shoot from the outside.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jordan was 6'6, 48 inch vertical, and ran a 4.3 40.

Name a better athlete in the NBA, other maybe Lebron because of his height.

He would have killed 2005 to 2025 players the same way, especially with today's rules.

Thats my point Jordan played against less superior athletes, He never had to go against the likes of an in his prime Iverson, Kobe, McGrady, Vince Carter, not to mention the next wave of superstars Kyrie, Curry, Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Paul George , Coming up the pike Anthony Davis , Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Giannis Antetekoumpo,
If Jordan played in this ERA, He would be Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant Still an all time great player just not the infallible God like figure everyone claims. He had a great run from 90-96 No one counts his pre Jackson years or his Post Jackson years. When we reminisce about Jordan we all romanticize those two runs .

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think you're underrating players and putting too much emphasis on physical skills. Kenny Walker was never an All Star. Harold Miner also.

Dwight Howard was a freak, and how many offensive skills does he have?

KD is a freak the same way Barkley was. Nobody was doing stuff at 6'5 like Barkley, just like nobody can do what KD can at 6'11.

And if this era is so great, than why are some of the all stars so iffy. You still struggle to come up with 24. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to be a Hall of Famer based on his career. Think about that. He's been to seven all star games. Reggie Miller and Chris Mullin went to five. Does he look like a Hall of Famer, but he's been to more all star games than CWebb.

This era continues what people like Derrick Coleman and Sam Perkins started. Bigs who handle the ball and shoot from the outside.

Honestly I dont understand your point

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats my point Jordan played against less superior athletes, He never had to go against the likes of an in his prime Iverson, Kobe, McGrady, Vince Carter, not to mention the next wave of superstars Kyrie, Curry, Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Paul George , Coming up the pike Anthony Davis , Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Giannis Antetekoumpo,
If Jordan played in this ERA, He would be Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant Still an all time great player just not the infallible God like figure everyone claims. He had a great run from 90-96 No one counts his pre Jackson years or his Post Jackson years. When we reminisce about Jordan we all romanticize those two runs .

I will say it again.

Jordan was 6'6, ran a 4.3 40, and had a 48 inch vertical.

He would have been a superior athletic in any era of basketball.

There is nobody in the the league now that is 6'6, runs a 4.3 40, and a has a 48 inch vertical, believe that shit.

With no hand checking or forearm rules, he would have averaged 40 points a game easily.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I will say it again.

Jordan was 6'6, ran a 4.3 40, and had a 48 inch vertical.

He would have been a superior athletic in any era of basketball.

There is nobody in the the league now that is 6'6, runs a 4.3 40, and a has a 48 inch vertical, believe that shit.

With no hand checking or forearm rules, he would have averaged 40 points a game easily.

This is from players and coaches who want to validate their careers with some I would have won a Chip if I did not have to face the Greatest.

Here's a quote from a player that Jordan couldnt beat

Bill Laimbeer, beloved enforcer of the “Bad Boys,” gave his answer, which shouldn’t surprise you.

“I’ll take Lebron James, absolutely,” Laimbeer said to host Etan Thomas on “The Rematch” podcast earlier this month (listen below). “He’s 6-8, 285 (James is listed at 250 pounds). Runs like the wind, jumps out of the gym. Phenomenal leader since he’s been 12 years old. Understood when he came into the league how to involve his teammates from the start. And you can’t guard him. You can’t double-team, he’s too big, he powers through everything. Michael was a guard. Yea, he was 6-6, but he wasn’t a real thick and strong guard. It took him a lot of years to learn how to involve his teammates in order to win championships. Don’t fault him for that, it’s a learning experience. But we’ve never seen anybody like LeBron James physically. He just bullies you.

“LeBron can do anything. Michael couldn’t get all the rebounds. He couldn’t be the assist man like LeBron James can. He was very focused on scoring, a deadly assassin, but the rest of the part of his game, LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan."

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This is from players and coaches who want to validate their careers with some I would have won a Chip if I did not have to face the Greatest.

Here's a quote from a player that Jordan couldnt beat

Bill Laimbeer, beloved enforcer of the “Bad Boys,” gave his answer, which shouldn’t surprise you.

“I’ll take Lebron James, absolutely,” Laimbeer said to host Etan Thomas on “The Rematch” podcast earlier this month (listen below). “He’s 6-8, 285 (James is listed at 250 pounds). Runs like the wind, jumps out of the gym. Phenomenal leader since he’s been 12 years old. Understood when he came into the league how to involve his teammates from the start. And you can’t guard him. You can’t double-team, he’s too big, he powers through everything. Michael was a guard. Yea, he was 6-6, but he wasn’t a real thick and strong guard. It took him a lot of years to learn how to involve his teammates in order to win championships. Don’t fault him for that, it’s a learning experience. But we’ve never seen anybody like LeBron James physically. He just bullies you.

“LeBron can do anything. Michael couldn’t get all the rebounds. He couldn’t be the assist man like LeBron James can. He was very focused on scoring, a deadly assassin, but the rest of the part of his game, LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan."

Bill Laimbeer is just 1 of several players from MJs era that prefers LeBron. And you are correct, the guard play in MJs era was trash. This season, to win a scoring title, youd need to outscore James Hardens 37 a game. In MJs era he was the only guard capable of 30 a night. He beat out dudes like Mookie Blaylock and Kendall Gill for some of his accolades. The caliber of players he directly faced in his prime has been GROSSLY overrated.

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bill Laimbeer is just 1 of several players from MJs era that prefers LeBron. And you are correct, the guard play in MJs era was trash. This season, to win a scoring title, youd need to outscore James Hardens 37 a game. In MJs era he was the only guard capable of 30 a night. He beat out dudes like Mookie Blaylock and Kendall Gill for some of his accolades. The caliber of players he directly faced in his prime has been GROSSLY overrated.

Jordan would destroy James Harden, would have averaged more than 37 points a game because you would not be able to hand check him.

He would win 10 scoring titles or more in this era too, easily

tumblr_pj05czLFpy1udtais_540.jpg

tumblr_pk5yzyGnqt1vhf5e6_1280.jpg

Last edited: