Official 2024 NFL Off-Season Discussion!!!

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I need the 49ers to grab AJ Green
Nah. Nigga guaranteed to miss 9 games and be totally ineffective in 4 of them. :smh:

DP4IbG.jpg

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do these players realize if they jyst WAITED they would put crazy pressure on these owners because they need to do those important tv contracts?
The owners made this deal good for the average players, for the great players this deal is not good for them. They still have the franchise tag, QB's still will get paid more than everybody else and they got them to play one more game during the season. They have the weakest union out of the big 3 sports and after signing this deal shows you why.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
The owners made this deal good for the average players, for the great players this deal is not good for them. They still have the franchise tag, QB's still will get paid more than everybody else and they got them to play one more game during the season. They have the weakest union out of the big 3 sports and after signing this deal shows you why.

I wonder if we'll see some NBA-type "load management", wheee healthy stars either sit out games or play portions of them, especially out of division/conference games. Teams are also gonna have to step up and have quality backup qb's.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with this union is, too many guys make minimum salary and can’t really afford to miss any pay checks. Specially when the average career is 4 years. If every player was a multi millionaire like the NBA, it would be easier. The bottom line is no one wants to sacrifice missing any pay checks for the better good of everyone. If you’re one those guys where you’re playing career is only like 3 years, are you going to sacrifice 1 or 2 of those years of not playing and even if you wont able to make a team when the league resumes play. It’s tough man.

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
These idiots didn't fight for guaranteed contracts and retired healthcare. In 2 years they will complain about their money cause they didnt read the fine print. With all of the other pro sports cancelled or suspended they had leverage to focus on the players.

You already know,they bitch and complain about the owners yet won't do anything about it...

Never, in my life I've seen a union so spineless. The soccer union puts more of a fight than the NFLPA.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ryan Tannehill played above himself last yr...Titans r suckers...

remember where u heard it 1st ...that dude is a bum...

he better hope tht running game stay healthy...smh

I agree, they better not break the bank for him. I would be fine with a deal like Nick Foles got last year

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ryan Tannehill played above himself last yr...Titans r suckers...

remember where u heard it 1st ...that dude is a bum...

he better hope tht running game stay healthy...smh
Titans done lost their marbles. He's shown y'all what he is. Even in the playoffs. How was he warranted a 30 million dollar deal?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
White QB stealing more money.

:lol:

Man........let this shit sink in right quick.

He was drafted by the Dolphins.....without doing research I believe he was a top 10 pick.....or around there anyway.

Turns out to be a bust in Miami.

Now most guys who do that....their careers are over. Especially if you're black.

This dude was a hail mary for when Mariotta fucked around and flopped.

Played relatively well on the back of Derrick Henry......got rewarded 5 million dollars per year less than Russell Wilson for having one good year.

Unbelievable. :lol:

Meanwhile Dak still ain't got a contract. :lol:

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He was drafted by the Dolphins.....without doing research I believe he was a top 10 pick.....or around there anyway.

Now most guys who do that....their careers are over. Especially if you're black.

Played relatively well on the back of Derrick Henry......got rewarded 5 million dollars per year less than Russell Wilson for having one good year.

Gotta see how much Bridgewater gets paid.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gotta see how much Bridgewater gets paid.

Last I read they was asking for at least 30 million. Which sounded crazy to me but shit if Tannenhill got it he should ask for it.
Man, if Ryan Tannehill gets 30 million, I really hope Cam balls out this year...he needs to be getting about 35 to 37 million a year...Chiefs better go ahead and lock up Mahomes now too..
I heard rumors that Mahomes woulld take a player friendly deal. Not sure if that was true if so its stupid. But let's say its not. I'd imagine his team waits and sees what Deshaun Watson and Dak get and then just start from there. Shit if its me I need at least 20 more mill than what Tanenhill got lol.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Over 500 players after an extended deadline (so they cannot blame corona and were able to vote early)

Did NOT vote

Wtf???!!!???

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

man they are dumb as shit ...they jus wanted to pay him tht shit ...lol

nobody signing him but them ...aint no bidding war ..

nobody calling trying to get him ...why the fuck give him 30 mill a yr off half a dam season ...

wow....tht GM need his ass beat ...tht owner a Trump supporter ...u think all things equal change his color u think he gets tht deal...?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

man they are dumb as shit ...they jus wanted to pay him tht shit ...lol

nobody signing him but them ...aint no bidding war ..

nobody calling trying to get him ...why the fuck give him 30 mill a yr off half a dam season ...

wow....tht GM need his ass beat ...tht owner a Trump supporter ...u think all things equal change his color u think he gets tht deal...?

Hell naw. Off principle how the fuck he get a deal before Derrick Henry? Watch Derrick Henry have to beg and pay for his deal.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

GOH DAMN!!!!!
@fonzerrillii

Titans fans....speak on this shit right here.

Im ok with this..

I’ve got faith in JRob... he was waiting to see if the CBA was going to get approved. If it wasn’t then he was going to tag both of them.. (Tannyhill or Henry) since it did... he was either going to tag Ryan and Lock up Henry or Lock up Ryan and tag Henry.

Ryan played really well... He played really well in the playoffs... Kats look at the numbers her threw and completely ignore the completion percentage. Knowing JRob the contract is probably written where the hit isn’t as bad the first couple years.. he historically has that type of language in the deal.. typically it’s by giving a larger bonus. Either way... I’m good... as long as we tag Henry or pay the man.. I’m happy.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tannehill is trash not worth that money. He was just in a system that didnt need him. When you only have to throw once every 8 plays you make the defense fall asleep and focus on the run. Then drop back and throw when the safeties have committed to the play action. And its a deep ball to an open receiver, that doesnt make a QB good. Only WR in the league who doesnt know how to run. Yeah I know he is a QB but was a WR in Texas. All those sacks he took in Miami when all he had to do was move the pocket. What a waste. Terrible years watching him with the Dolphins.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Im happy they went on did this shit and not wait around on the Tom Brady shit.. like we did with Peyton Manning.. that Peyton Manning carnival set us back fucking Years!!! While we waited on him to make a decision... we missed out on countless free agents and we ended up having to rush our choice at qb. Nawww... I’m good with this. Titan up... On to Henry now.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Tannehill is trash not worth that money. He was just in a system that didnt need him. When you only have to throw once every 8 plays you make the defense fall asleep and focus on the run. Then drop back and throw when the safeties have committed to the play action. And its a deep ball to an open receiver, that doesnt make a QB good. Only WR in the league who doesnt know how to run. Yeah I know he is a QB but was a WR in Texas. All those sacks he took in Miami when all he had to do was move the pocket. What a waste. Terrible years watching him with the Dolphins.

????? have you watched all of our games...

I was the biggest Mariota Stan on this board and I’ll be the first to say that Ryan was a dramatic improvement to the passing game.

He made some extremely tough throws that were pinpoint... all of our receivers got better with him under center and he is only 31 years old..

Why would we blow up... something when dude helped get us to the AFC championship game. Smh

Last edited:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Most of these bad white QBs are like Fitzpatrick. Have a good half of season right before a new contract. Get paid, play like crap and then benched or traded. Play another good half of season, get paid, get benched all over again. If Henry gets hurt you will see the true play of Tannehill.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just like i figured ... Trust in JRob. Ryan’s only
GOing to Court 20 million against the 2020 cap...

Just like I figured most of this Bonus money.. He probably won’t see that 3rd year of This deal..

So yeah I’m good.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
????? have you watched all of our games...

I was the biggest Mariota Stan on this board and I’ll be the first to say that Ryan was a dramatic improvement to the passing game.

He made some extremely tough throws that were pinpoint... all of our receivers got better with him under center and he isn’t only 31 years old..

Why would we blow up... something when dude helped get us to the AFC championship game. Smh
I understand and you are being optimistic. I watched him for 6 years in Miami and he is one of the reasons I stopped following the Dolphins. He will give you a glimpse one week and take it away from you the next.

In the playoffs last year he didn't play that well. That was a good defense and crazy run game.
7-14 for 88 yards and 8-15 for 72 yards is not what i want to see from a 100mil dollar QB. Yes they won those playoffs games but thats not 100mil dollar numbers.

Just watching the game of football now. For your sake I hope he does improve and play well but my many times playing fantasty football he was always picked up after injuries or a bye week. And the person taking him always felt like i might as well.