<<{{Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread - the season returns July 31-October 12. }}>

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Yeah it was a lot of stuff in there. I think most owners will do what Cuban is doing. I assumed they would anyway.
But for how long? What if this thing goes on for longer than a month? What if the arenas have to close all summer. Even without NBA the arenas usually host summer events. If they have to shut down shop all summer, that's going to be a lot of money left in the table. You think the owners are going to pay all that outta pocket. Cause I don't.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But for how long? What if this thing goes on for longer than a month? What if the arenas have to close all summer. Even without NBA the arenas usually host summer events. If they have to shut down shop all summer, that's going to be a lot of money left in the table. You think the owners are going to pay all that outta pocket. Cause I don't.
Hell naw. I think they believe this will be short. Im
Not so sure of that.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
So what's everyone doing with their extra time with no ball being played?

I've been reading a lot. I forgot how much I used to love reading. I'm currently bouncing between rereading the ASOIAF books and finally picking up the Art of War.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I hate the circumstances for the break but it good to see the players getting to spend time with their kids and have a good time. Especially since they're usually on the road so much.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
He's locked into the program. Atkinson was the same way thus why he was let go. You gotta adjust to your talent, especially when their as talented as last year's Sixers were.
But he's gotta demand they do what they ask him. Your absolutely right when you say adjust to your talent. Sixers should be banging inside not doing what everyone else is doing......jacking up a ridiculous abundance of 3's. That's not how this team is built. If a muthafucka won't get his ass on the block and post, he sits on the fuckin bench. I'll fuckin find someone to do what the fuck I went over with in practice in games. Bet next game Embiid takes his simple ass down low and stays there. You gotta send a message. He's incapable of doing that.

Re3lZc.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Josh Harris is a true piece of shit for trying to cut employees salaries. Here's a muthafucka worth 3.7 billion, yet you wanna cut people's salaries? And didn't inform minority owners he was doing it. :smh: Get the fuck outta here dude. I absolutely hate him. It's cool what Embiid is doing though to help with the salaries and the Coronavirus relief.

76ers and Devils managing partners walk back decision to reduce salaries for employees

5qYCDY.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Josh Harris is a true piece of shit for trying to cut employees salaries. Here's a muthafucka worth 3.7 billion, yet you wanna cut people's salaries? And didn't inform minority owners he was doing it. :smh: Get the fuck outta here dude. I absolutely hate him. It's cool what Embiid is doing though to help with the salaries and the Coronavirus relief.

76ers and Devils managing partners walk back decision to reduce salaries for employees

Players need to put pressure on them or make up the difference

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

All you see from him is talk about Lebron,that one championship that Celtics team won or both...

Let it go,it's okay to lose to Lebron...

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Paul Pierce was a Kobe stan while playing against him and dickrides Michael Jordan. Boston sucked until KG and Ray came and he only got 1 ring, but let him tell it, his era is underrated. All these late 90s 2000s era players are underachievers that hate on this era for being better and more accomplished. Remember Paul said he was better than Wade?

Y'all let these dickriders run wild for over a decade without saying nothing and here we are. Total delusion and ego gon wild. Stephen Jackson is another one. Nigga be talkin like he won 5 chips and didnt sign a major deal and get traded from the Hawks after half a season.

It took Kobe's death to realize just how unaccomplished his era is. The HOFers from the 2000s will NOT be remembered with the all time greats. Chauncey Billups? T Mac? Yao Ming? Is Dirk named when the greatest pf of all time is mentioned? KG? We gon link those names to Wilt and Kareem 20 years from now? Fuck no, theyll be forgotten like other HOFers from past eras. We now see why they gotta hate on James and try to keep lesser players they grew up idolizing and others from their era propped up as better. Admitting James dominance reflects poorly on everything they thought they knew about basketball.

2010s era >>>> 2000s era EASILY.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Paul Pierce was a Kobe stan while playing against him and dickrides Michael Jordan. Boston sucked until KG and Ray came and he only got 1 ring, but let him tell it, his era is underrated. All these late 90s 2000s era players are underachievers that hate on this era for being better and more accomplished. Remember Paul said he was better than Wade?

Y'all let these dickriders run wild for over a decade without saying nothing and here we are. Total delusion and ego gon wild. Stephen Jackson is another one. Nigga be talkin like he won 5 chips and didnt sign a major deal and get traded from the Hawks after half a season.

It took Kobe's death to realize just how unaccomplished his era is. The HOFers from the 2000s will NOT be remembered with the all time greats. Chauncey Billups? T Mac? Yao Ming? Is Dirk named when the greatest pf of all time is mentioned? KG? We gon link those names to Wilt and Kareem 20 years from now? Fuck no, theyll be forgotten like other HOFers from past eras. We now see why they gotta hate on James and try to keep lesser players they grew up idolizing and others from their era propped up as better. Admitting James dominance reflects poorly on everything they thought they knew about basketball.

2010s era >>>> 2000s era EASILY.

What mean yall...I dont participate in any of the Kobe vs LBJ vs MJ debates. Matter of fact,I think it's foolish that people keep talking about it, over and over again.

Don't lump me with those morons.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But he's gotta demand they do what they ask him. Your absolutely right when you say adjust to your talent. Sixers should be banging inside not doing what everyone else is doing......jacking up a ridiculous abundance of 3's. That's not how this team is built. If a muthafucka won't get his ass on the block and post, he sits on the fuckin bench. I'll fuckin find someone to do what the fuck I went over with in practice in games. Bet next game Embiid takes his simple ass down low and stays there. You gotta send a message. He's incapable of doing that.

Re3lZc.jpg

I'll say this about Atkinson.. As good or a development coach he was, he was the polar opposite or an in game coach. So when you couple his lack of adjustments on the fly and lack of adjustments fundamentally to the superior talent, you create an unwinnable scenario.

He'll find a job whenever this new season returns but he's gotta be more flexible in his approach. I always feel like the coaches who lacked talent to make the NBA don't make good coaches for NBA players. Their build is based upon working hard and the x and O's of the game while the former NBA seem to always have a better feel for the game

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'll say this about Atkinson.. As good or a development coach he was, he was the polar opposite or an in game coach. So when you couple his lack of adjustments on the fly and lack of adjustments fundamentally to the superior talent, you create an unwinnable scenario.

He'll find a job whenever this new season returns but he's gotta be more flexible in his approach. I always feel like the coaches who lacked talent to make the NBA don't make good coaches for NBA players. Their build is based upon working hard and the x and O's of the game while the former NBA seem to always have a better feel for the game
Good points

scpRnO.jpg

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

That Pistons team was no joke defensively...

Real talk. I wonder if Malone never got hurt if the Lakers would have still lost. That Pistons team was just on another level defensively. And it wasn't just in 04'. Ben's best block on Shaq came the following season when Shaq took his talents to South Beach. Wallace still had his number :lol:

IndolentAmpleChamois-size_restricted.gif

c6f20d2bedaa30288d9f77e8f5d5a575.jpg

That's all ball. And he put Shaq on his ass. Ben Wallace wasn't a joke.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Real talk. I wonder if Malone never got hurt if the Lakers would have still lost. That Pistons team was just on another level defensively. And it wasn't just in 04'. Ben's best block on Shaq came the following season when Shaq took his talents to South Beach. Wallace still had his number :lol:

IndolentAmpleChamois-size_restricted.gif

c6f20d2bedaa30288d9f77e8f5d5a575.jpg

That's all ball. And he put Shaq on his ass. Ben Wallace wasn't a joke.

Dayum,shame how that team ended.... :smh:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Damn Kobe aint been gon 3 months and is already being replaced. :smh: Kawhi dont even gotta play half the season and got 2 rings and gets compared to "the GOAT" :lol:

Kobe's death made Jumpman age 30 years overnight. We didnt realize how dependent they were on Kobe's legacy. Now Jordan brand needs a new guy to leech off of to stay relevant in this era with since he hasnt played in the NBA in 20 years. Kawhi fits the bill. I told yall this last summer. :yes:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Damn Kobe aint been gon 3 months and is already being replaced. :smh: Kawhi dont even gotta play half the season and got 2 rings and gets compared to "the GOAT" :lol:

Kobe's death made Jumpman age 30 years overnight. We didnt realize how dependent they were on Kobe's legacy. Now Jordan brand needs a new guy to leech off of to stay relevant in this era with since he hasnt played in the NBA in 20 years. Kawhi fits the bill. I told yall this last summer. :yes:

I usually fucks with Stephen A. Smith but this is a stretch. The ESPN talking heads really don't have shit else to talk about right now. These motherfuckers was talking about Tyson vs. Holyfield the other day. :lol: