NY: Harlem mom fatally shot after confronting man who groped her on street

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Motherfuker today don't think about nor care about consequences to their actions.

You just think that you can walk up to a chick and grab her ass just because he like her ass? You think that she shouldn't call you on it? That if she went to get somebody because obviously you don't respect her, they shouldn't check you about it?

Add to insult you start shooting? You were in the wrong 100%. That's like me stealing from a store, confronting the store owner outside and then shooting him because he wouldn't let me get away with stealing shit

Another big problem with our society nowadays is that the no snitching policy needs to stop. Some people deserve to be locked up in jail for a long-ass time if not forever

I'm not trying to say you snitch on your neighbor growing weed in his backyard , I'm saying if you know someone who has killed someone that wasn't in self-defense), put their ass Behind Bars forever

Murderers, cold-blooded murderers need to be behind bars regardless of who they are to you.

At least he believed his woman...

You got dudes out here who would blame her. I am pleasantly surprised that dudes on here are directing the anger in the right direction.

Mr. ISM

Official Ol' Head
BGOL Investor
another homotional twink who was raised by a single mother who ruined him...

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Damn family

Couldn't you make the same damn point using queens or Yonkers?

Why you gotta drag Brooklyn into this sh*t?
Lol Mack started the Harlem slander in another thread when he tried to insult Harlem cats, only for it to backfire when the criminal was a bk vampire biting random females.. he didn’t want to backtrack and throw in the towel.. so the defense of Harlem kicked in with me and the slander of bk started lol.. that’s why he had to finally admit it in this thread somewhat.. that Kobe/jalen gif was perfect the borough battle stare down lol

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Your article lists the murder rate.

My article lists the number of murders.

Murder rate to me is useless. It factors in the size of the city.

I wanna know how many niggas getting killed round the way.

That is saying "A lot of people are dying but you way more people are not dying". Duhhhhhhhhhhhh. We know that.

Look at the details from the article you posted.

1. East St. Louis, IL
  • Murder Rate (per 1,000 residents): 1.38
  • 27.8X U.S. Average
  • No. of Murders: 36

36 murders makes East St Louis the city with the highest murder rate. That is meaningless!
You think murder rate is useless?....first I ever heard someone say that....in terms of city limits, NYC has twice as many people as the next largest LA...NYC will always rank near the top in total number of murders because of this...as a comparative tool, total number of murders is pretty useless....yes extremely small cities can have 5 murders and suddenly look a lot worse than they really are but thats why there is usually a population cut off point when comparing spots...they will say cities over a certain population

I get why they went to confront dude...I understand the anger....tough to tell someone to let that go especially her man....but they should have been better prepared for the possibility of shit going left....RIP to her

Charlemagne

Rising Star
Registered
RIP to Shadina Smith. The shooter had no right to put his hands on her in any context without her permission. But, this headline makes it seem like dude groped, she turned around and said "what the fuck nigga...keep yo hands to yoself!" and he shot her. Once she goes inside and comes back out with another cat, something that may have been a tug at the elbow (may have been much worse and go back to my 2nd sentence) turns into "are you ready to kill or die over this?".

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
These pills and shit got these younger cats fucked up. Men robbing and attacking women. Niggas in thousand dollar coats robbing women for phones and $20. Purse snatching isn't gangsta. You see that shit in all the boroughs. Mix in these new mega- gangs, and shit gets worse.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol Mack started the Harlem slander in another thread when he tried to insult Harlem cats, only for it to backfire when the criminal was a bk vampire biting random females.. he didn’t want to backtrack and throw in the towel.. so the defense of Harlem kicked in with me and the slander of bk started lol.. that’s why he had to finally admit it in this thread somewhat.. that Kobe/jalen gif was perfect the borough battle stare down lol

See there in lies the issue, this ain't no borough battle. You can't compare a neighborhood vs what is literally the fourth largest population wise city in the nation. You keep saying Brooklyn gotta gang of violence, Yes.. but shit, we got over 2.6 million people.

But Harlem.. Harlem got less than 200k and in the last three weeks, three woman were killed.. and you still downplaying it brother..

Then you got grown ass men WALKING INTO MIDDLE SCHOOL CAFETERIAS AND GROPING A YOUNG GIRL and you say we got some violence... Nigga

Now if you wanna compare Harlem to Brownsville or the East then I wholeheartedly agree but comparing a neighborhood's violence to a borough that has damn near the same amount of people as Chicago is blasphemous

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shocked this happened in Harlem with all the white people that moved in. I used to chill in Harlem a lot in the 2000s before the gentrification wave. Visited a few old blocks i used to chill at and had bday brunch 3 years ago on 115th and I didn't recognize it at all. Harlem look like fucking Sweden or Denmark with all these white people that moved in :smh:

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There you go! Exactly you need money like 300k or more to be living in NYC and live good right?

Thanks for keeping it real brother. You are born and raised in Harlem too. So you know!

Born and Raised in Harlem...way too much bullshit, disfunction. Unless you qualify for low income housing or are upper income $300k+...living in NYC is a fucked up value proposition.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get gotta here. You crazy.
I don’t believe this Shadina broad. She probably got into a regular argument, then she does what all gutter bitches do....gets a man involved.

How many niggas have had an argument with some gutter lookin bitch like her only to have her call some Dequan nigga to hype up the drama. Who would grope that ghetto broad? FOH

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It isn't. I explained homicide rate is a bullshit form of measurement.

Go explain homicide rate to that lady's son.

Actually, NYC is one of the safest city in the U.S. today if we are just talking about the homicide rate. The 90s and 80s were a different story...

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What are you talking about? You are in this thread saying NYC is the safest. How are you NOW explaining and responding to someone who is saying it USED to be safe? NYC in the 80s. Really safe. It looked like a Batman movie except there was no Batman.

Trump, pandemic, defunding of law enforcement, increase of mentally unstable individuals, recession, and crime happens everyday b... perfect storm

plus covid and trump seemed to be the only thing the news talked about in the past 10 months people forgot what real news looked like

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok buddy. I try to be careful with my words when I talk to y'all BGOL niggas.

Read what I wrote. I said "Murder rate to ME is useless".

So now, why you responding to me?

You think murder rate is useless?....first I ever heard someone say that....in terms of city limits, NYC has twice as many people as the next largest LA...NYC will always rank near the top in total number of murders because of this...as a comparative tool, total number of murders is pretty useless....yes extremely small cities can have 5 murders and suddenly look a lot worse than they really are but thats why there is usually a population cut off point when comparing spots...they will say cities over a certain population

I get why they went to confront dude...I understand the anger....tough to tell someone to let that go especially her man....but they should have been better prepared for the possibility of shit going left....RIP to her

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ok buddy. I try to be careful with my words when I talk to y'all BGOL niggas.

Read what I wrote. I said "Murder rate to ME is useless".

So now, why you responding to me?
Aright Boss...was trying to show you why its important but do you thing...I thought it was a case of you not understanding but now I see its a willful attack on logic so who am I to get in the middle of that

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
. Like I said earlier, a shitty father/male figure is 100x better than none so make sure you stay in the lives of your sons, nephews etc. I mentor because I was tired of seeing this shit. This is the quote that made me start mentoring:

THE CHILD WHO IS NOT EMBRACED BY THE VILLAGE WILL BURN IT DOWN TO FEEL ITS WARMTH

Nah can’t agree with this one, there are some really shitty father/male figures out there that are main contributing factor to some of these kids being mentally fucked up by the time they reach adulthood. Kids need positive role models who try their best to prepare them lead productive lives, some no good dude who they see constantly going to jail, beating women and sitting around smoking and drinking and never working is the last thing they need

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Harlem mother, 29, shot dead after she and her 26-year-old fiance confronted a man who groped her in the street is remembered as 'an amazing person with a big heart'
  • Shadina Smith, 29, had just left her apartment on West 150th Street near Frederick Douglass Blvd. in Harlem at around 12.30pm on January 16
  • Smith and her fiance, identified on social media as 26-year-old Josh Hall, rushed outside and got into a argument with the suspect
  • It was then that gunfire erupted at the scene
  • Hall was hit in the chest and left arm while Smith was struck three times in the chest
  • The couple were rushed to the Harlem Hospital, where Smith died; Hall has since been released
  • Smith was the mother of a one-year-old boy
  • Shadina's aunt Corine Booker remembered the young mom as being 'very invested in her son and his future'
By MATTHEW WRIGHT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:17 EST, 2 February 2021 | UPDATED: 12:00 EST, 2 February 2021

466shares
View comments

+6
Shadina Smith, 29, had just left her apartment on West 150th Street near Frederick Douglass Blvd. in Harlem at around 12.30pm on January 16, when she quickly returned home to tell her fiance she had been groped
A Harlem woman described as a 'wonderful mother' was fatally gunned down in Manhattan while her fiance was left injured after the pair confronted a man who had just groped her moments earlier.
Shadina Smith, 29, had just left her apartment on West 150th Street near Frederick Douglass Blvd. at around 12.30pm on January 16 when she was accosted in the street by a man who grabbed her.
She responded by heading back to her apartment to tell her fiance what had happened.
Smith and her fiance, identified on social media as 26-year-old Josh Hall, then rushed outside and got into a argument with the suspect that escalated into gunfire, the New York Daily News reports.

Read More
The pair were hit with numerous bullets while inside of the first-floor hallway of their apartment complex, according to authorities.
Hall was hit in the chest and left arm while Smith was struck three times in the chest.

+6
Smith and her fiance, identified on social media as 26-year-old Josh Hall, rushed outside and got into a argument with the suspect. He then shot at the couple

+6
The pair were hit with numerous bullets while inside of the first-floor hallway of their apartment complex
RELATED ARTICLES
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
The couple were rushed to the Harlem Hospital, where Smith died. Hall has since been released from the hospital.
At the shooting scene, police detectives found casings that led them to believe that the gunman fired from outside the building, into the hallway.
The suspect is still on the loose.
Corine Booker, Smith's 33-year-old aunt and close friend, described the mother as being obsessed with her young son Uriel - who is just over one year old.

+6
Hall was hit in the chest and left arm while Smith was struck three times in the chest

+6
Corine Booker, Smith's 33-year-old aunt and close friend, described the mother as being obsessed with her young son Uriel - who is just over one year old
'It's been a horrific nightmare situation,' Booker said of the shooting.
She later added: 'She was very invested in her son and his future. I hate that he won't be able to know how wonderful and how resilient she was. She did not pout,' she said. 'We just want to make sure to give him all that love.'
A GoFundMe for 'Dina' shares that she was an 'amazing person with a big heart.'
'She always checked up on her loved ones and made sure she did whatever she could to make sure everyone was okay,' the fundraiser reads. 'She had a fire inside her which attracted anyone who crossed her path. She was funny, witty and had such a positive vibe.'
The mother's death comes as the Big Apple has seen an increase in violent crimes, especially in fatal shootings. Murders in New York City went up more than 40 percent from 2019 to 2020.
According to the most recent available data, through January 24, there have been 726 reported robberies and 1,193 felony assaults in New York City so far this year.
That is down 27.4 per cent and 4.8 per cent, respectively, from 2020, when there were already exactly 1,000 robberies and 1,253 felony assaults at this time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
38788380-9214983-image-a-30_1612282564159.jpg

(0_0)..l.. finger

A GOD
Certified Pussy Poster
It isn't. I explained homicide rate is a bullshit form of measurement.

Go explain homicide rate to that lady's son.

Huh? How do that make sense? There is over 17,000,000 million people that live in NYC and in the year 2020 there were 462 murdered mostly for drug related. In 2019 it were 318. Compared to other cities NYC is way better. It’s Not even close...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NY mother killed after addressing man who groped her
Shadina Smith and her fiancé returned to the street to confront her alleged groper afterward, and she ended up dead.
Biba Adams
February 2, 2021

2.1.21 Top 3
Welcome To TheGrio Top 3 with Host Nayo Campbell -American Airlines charges woman 'African American' service fee -Chloe Bailey cries on IG Live after being attacked on social media for her IG posts -'In Living Color' TV writer Marc Wilmore is dead after COVID-19 battle

Volume 90%

A young Harlem mother was shot and killed after she and her fiancé confronted a man who had groped her on the street.

Shadina Smith, 29, had just left her apartment on West 150th Street in the early afternoon on Jan. 16, when a man grabbed her. She returned to her apartment, where she told her fiancé what happened. Then, the couple went outside to address the man.

Shadina Smith and her baby boy, Uriel Hall, are shown in this undated photo from her friend’s online fundraiser. Smith was shot and killed after she and her fiancé confronted a man who had groped her on the street. (GoFundMe.com)
The confrontation somehow escalated into gunfire, and the couple was shot inside the first-floor hallway of their apartment building.

According to The New York Daily News, NYPD detectives believe the shots were fired from outside the building. There have been no arrests in the case.

Smith’s aunt, Corine Booker, said the situation has been a “horrific nightmare.”

Read More: ‘Watch Me’ rapper Silento charged with killing cousin

“She was very invested in her son,” Booker said, “and his future. I hate that he won’t be able to know how wonderful and how resilient she was. She did not pout. We just want to make sure to give him all that love.”

Smith’s son, Uriel Hall, is one-and-a-half years old. A close friend has begun an online fundraiser “to give her the memorial she deserves, to honor her memory and say our last goodbyes.”

Booker said Smith was “completely outgoing and full of life. She always had a really big smile on her face. She had a contagious spirit. She could get along with everybody. Everybody feels close to her, everybody was her best friend, everybody loved her. People really loved Shadina because she loved people.”

Read More: Diddy says ‘life got better’ after getting closer to kids during pandemic

Another Harlem woman was attacked in January. A woman was accosted by three men who stole her phone and brutally bit her on her face. A demonstration took place late last month in the historic New York City neighborhood with demonstrators chanting, “Protect Black women!”

“If we don’t do it, who [will],” said SAVE Director Omar Jackson. “It’s our responsibility, it’s our duty to protect our women and children in our community.”

New York City experienced an increase in violent crime, including fatal shootings, in 2020, despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Murders in the city were up more than 40 percent from 2019.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And that stops you from being killed?
Huh? How do that make sense? There is over 17,000,000 million people that live in NYC and in the year 2020 there were 462 murdered mostly for drug related. In 2019 it were 318. Compared to other cities NYC is way better. It’s Not even close...

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It is not important to me when it comes to list of cities with the most killings.

Rate means nothing when I want the total.

Aright Boss...was trying to show you why its important but do you thing...I thought it was a case of you not understanding but now I see its a willful attack on logic so who am I to get in the middle of that