Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Harlem mom fatally shot after confronting man who groped her on street
By ELLEN MOYNIHAN and ROCCO PARASCANDOLA
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
FEB 01, 2021 AT 10:37 PM

V6FAM4C4UZAZPPW3BNRXGDNK4Y.jpg

Shadina Smith

A Harlem mom was fatally shot after she and her fiance confronted a man who had just groped her on the street, police said Monday as they pressed their search for the gunman.

Shadina Smith left her apartment on W. 150th St. near Frederick Douglass Blvd. about 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 16, then rushed back to tell her boyfriend that a man had grabbed her, authorities said.

The 26-year-old fiance and Smith, 29, went outside and confronted the groper, sparking an argument that led to gunfire.
The couple was caught in a hail of bullets inside the first-floor hallway of their apartment building, cops said.

The fiance was hit in the chest and left arm and Smith was struck three times in the chest.

Both were taken to Harlem Hospital, where Smith died. Her fiance has since been released from the hospital.

Detectives found shell casings outside the building, leading them to believe that the gunman fired from outside the building. He has not been caught.

Shadina Smith, a 29-year-old mother of one, was shot three times in the chest and killed the afternoon of Jan. 16.

“It’s been a horrific nightmare situation,” said her aunt, Corine Booker, 33, of Virginia. Booker’s 52-year-old brother is Smith’s father, and the two women grew close in part because they were so close in age.

[More New York] Charges dismissed against NYC man accused of groping EMT after video shows he was actually suffering from a seizure »
Smith leaves behind a one-and-a-half year old son, Uriel, Booker said.

“She was very invested in her son and his future. I hate that he won’t be able to know how wonderful and how resilient she was. She did not pout,” she said. “We just want to make sure to give him all that love.”

Booker said she heard Smith’s fiance’s account of what happened, and it gave her chills.

“Was she in pain, what was she thinking before she died? Was she cold?” Booker asked.

Booker described her niece as a “blazing light” with a caring and nurturing spirit.

“She was completely outgoing and full of life. She always had a really big smile on her face. She had a contagious spirit. She could get along with everybody,” she said. “Everybody feels close to her, everybody was her best friend, everybody loved her. People really loved Shadina because she loved people.”

She added, “Sometimes not all bright lights can shine for a long time.”

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh: :smh: :smh:

I mentor and see first hand what happens when you have little boys/teenagers angry at the world because they have been neglected/abused/mistreated. We laugh at cacs for being incels but we have our own incel problem in our community and it leads to stupid shit like this. You don't need to be successful or "perfect" to be in your son's life and ensure that more stupid shit like this doesn't happen. It really is as easy as just being there.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Another hurt pride simp.

Harlem is a mess.
Is this what Harlem cats are about nowadays?
The other guy was a vampire from Brooklyn.. just cause a crime happens in Harlem dosent mean the violent entity was from Harlem.. proven in the last case was a bk cat that bit that female.. another robbery in Manhattan was by a bx man.. manhattan has a lot of outsiders roaming around daily..sometimes with bad intentions.. details in this case could also result in the same outcome

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
The other guy was a vampire from Brooklyn.. just cause a crime happens in Harlem dosent mean the violent entity was from Harlem.. proven in the last case was a bk cat that bit that female.. another robbery in Manhattan was by a bx man.. manhattan has a lot of outsiders roaming around daily..sometimes with bad intentions.. details in this case could also result in the same outcome

Bruh, I understand your need to defend your ground as those are your native streets, be that as it may, if it happens in Harlem, it's a Harlem problem.

I got family in NYC and to love visit but no one can deny that there's a serious scumbag element that needs to be sought, stomped, and buried like cockroaches. Can't let bitch niggas multiply and fuck it up for everyone else.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This fact isn't bring back the dead.
It aint comforting no one.
Crime is happening in Harlem. Fact.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So what? It is all shitty NYC.

You the Harlem Borough President Or Something?

Who gives a shit? Who gives a fuck.

NYC sucks.

Yet bx is on top of violence and it ain’t even close..bx vs bk for the top slot several decades straight

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So what? It is all shitty NYC.

You the Harlem Borough President Or Something?

Who gives a shit? Who gives a fuck.

NYC sucks.
are you the Harlem critic? Guess same can be said about you
Nyc heads: than move the fuck out..bye Felicia

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nigga. Are you the Harlem Crime commissioner?

The crime happened in Harlem sir.

Why you upset?

NYC is a shit hole. All boroughs.

If the crime happened in SI I would say the same shit.

are you the Harlem critic? Guess same can be said about you
Nyc heads: than move the fuck out..bye Felicia

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruh, I understand your need to defend your ground as those are your native streets, be that as it may, if it happens in Harlem, it's a Harlem problem.

I got family in NYC and to love visit but no one can deny that there's a serious scumbag element that needs to be sought, stomped, and buried like cockroaches. Can't let bitch niggas multiply and fuck it up for everyone else.
If a nyc nig went to Boston and aired out 10 people is that a Boston problem? Or just 1 random crazy nig from outta state fucking up the vibes of your town?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nigga. Are you the Harlem Crime commissioner?

The crime happened in Harlem sir.

Why you upset?

NYC is a shit hole. All boroughs.
Are you the nyc critic?

you sound upset.. nyc sucks ..sounded like tears were flowing off your cheeks when you said that.. go hop on the path train and don’t look back

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Man I don’t give a flying fuck what happened in his life or what kind of childhood he had! Nigga, you try some shit like that around me I’m pulling my shit with the intention of making your ass famous! Only a pussy, hoeass nigga does shit like this so you really don’t need to be here anyway! Can’t control their emotions? Cause a bitch told you no? Ol flea ass mf! Go suck yo mamas titty son! The world is about rejection, cowboy the fuck up!

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
If a nyc nig went to Boston and aired out 10 people is that a Boston problem? Or just 1 random crazy nig from outta state fucking up the vibes of your town?

Yes, it is.
It affects the perception of the area and we're left solving the problem and answering the questions.

Was it random?
Was it drugs?
Was it an enemy?
What drew him here?
What could we do better?

Don't take it personal man. It is what is is.
In order to deal with a problem, you must first accept that there is a problem.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Waiting for someone to say this. They shouldn't have come back. Should have just stayed home and made some food and chilled out.

Confronting a wild Harlem nigga will end up with a woman dead. That is how they do. They only kill women and children.

Probably high off crack to be honest. They still smoke crack out there.

Never confront someone without having the strap on you…

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What problem you talking about? The crime problem or his problem?

He really is a good guy. He just be going off the charts sometimes for no real reason.

However @tallblacknyc is a great contributor to the board. Very valued. I mean that.

Yes, it is.
It affects the perception of the area and we're left solving the problem and answering the questions.

Was it random?
Was it drugs?
Was it an enemy?
What drew him here?
What could we do better?

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I don’t give a flying fuck what happened in his life or what kind of childhood he had! Nigga, you try some shit like that around me I’m pulling my shit with the intention of making your ass famous! Only a pussy, hoeass nigga does shit like this so you really don’t need to be here anyway! Can’t control their emotions? Cause a bitch told you no? Ol flea ass mf! Go suck yo mamas titty son! The world is about rejection, cowboy the fuck up!

No difference between this shit and the cac in Santa Barbara that was shooting people because he thought they were fucking and he wasn't. :smh:
Some of these young dudes are on some hater/incel shit and it is only going to get worse going forward. Like I said earlier, a shitty father/male figure is 100x better than none so make sure you stay in the lives of your sons, nephews etc. I mentor because I was tired of seeing this shit. This is the quote that made me start mentoring:

THE CHILD WHO IS NOT EMBRACED BY THE VILLAGE WILL BURN IT DOWN TO FEEL ITS WARMTH

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes, it is.

Was it random?
Was it drugs?
Was it an enemy?
What drew him here?
What could we do better?

Also there’s misinformation and wrong narratives that push a certain perception.. just making sure some things are accurately spoken.. it’s an unfortunate situation.. but if this scenario happened 1 a week that would be 52 deaths.. people dying is bad but 52 deaths in a yr in a major city isn’t bad but if you keep highlighting situations you make it seem worst than it is

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Waiting for someone to say this. They shouldn't have come back. Should have just stayed home and made some food and chilled out.

Confronting a wild Harlem nigga will end up with a woman dead. That is how they do. They only kill women and children.

Probably high off crack to be honest. They still smoke crack out there.
Bx still got the highest rate of stds, murders, rapes, bunch of abandoned buildings.,etc that’s the borough you from.. which 1 of those list do you check under?

must I repost the vid of the bx savages stabbing up that teen boy with the machetes? That’s your borough

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah.. if you took every state and reported every murder..nyc wouldn’t even be the top.. people die everyday somewhere it just so happen it was in Harlem on monday

Nah...it's starting to get ugly... kinsfolk..them boys preying on women..brah

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah...it's starting to get ugly... kinsfolk..them boys preying on women..brah

Yeah that was the bk cat that bit shorty in the face last month in Harlem..he got caught in his borough... several million people there’s always gonna be a few bad apples..name a place in the world with over a million people that don’t have a few sick motherfuckers? That place don’t exist..trump ain’t president anymore so the real news is back plus covid coverage getting boring

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That last line was powerful!!
Wow interesting perspective.

No difference between this shit and the cac in Santa Barbara that was shooting people because he thought they were fucking and he wasn't. :smh:
Some of these young dudes are on some hater/incel shit and it is only going to get worse going forward. Like I said earlier, a shitty father/male figure is 100x better than none so make sure you stay in the lives of your sons, nephews etc. I mentor because I was tired of seeing this shit. This is the quote that made me start mentoring:

THE CHILD WHO IS NOT EMBRACED BY THE VILLAGE WILL BURN IT DOWN TO FEEL ITS WARMTH

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am from Brooklyn and the Bronx. I be in Harlem all the time too.
I told you I have to move around right now cause of my situation.

Bx still got the highest rate of stds, murders, rapes, bunch of abandoned buildings.,etc that’s the borough you from.. which 1 of those list do you check under?

must I repost the vid of the bx savages stabbing up that teen boy with the machetes? That’s your borough

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
What problem you talking about? The crime problem or his problem?

He really is a good guy. He just be going off the charts sometimes for no real reason.

However @tallblacknyc is a great contributor to the board. Very valued. I mean that.

Not his problem, but he general problem of simp criminal behavior.
I understand @tallblacknyc defending his turf. Negative news get more air time than the positives despite the good disproportionately outweighing the bad. Bruh needs to realize that Harlem will be left dealing with the fallout and be more accepting of constructive criticism.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Please don't repost the killing of Junior. That was horrific.
I really dont know why you defending our shitty city.
Niggas is fucked up in ALL boroughs.

Let me make it clear!!!!!

ALL boroughs and you know it.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Also there’s misinformation and wrong narratives that push a certain perception.. just making sure some things are accurately spoken.. it’s an unfortunate situation.. but if this scenario happened 1 a week that would be 52 deaths.. people dying is bad but 52 deaths in a yr in a major city isn’t bad but if you keep highlighting situations you make it seem worst than it is

Agreed.
For a large city NYC ain't that bad in terms of the murders.
Nonetheless, the innocent needn't be preyed upon by scums if there's something that could be done about it.