Now with 38,072 points, King James is set to become the true king of scoring with 300pts needed

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
LeBron James scoring tracker: Lakers star on pace to set record in early February after season-best 48

1. KAREEM ABDUL-JABAR- 38,387
  2. LEBRON JAMES- 38,072
lebron-getty-5.png

LeBron James scored a season-best 48 points on Monday night in the Lakers' win over the Rockets, moving closer to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's all-time NBA scoring record. James eclipsed the 38,000-point threshold on Sunday against the 76ers, and now needs only 316 points to become the leading scorer in NBA history.

For the season, James is averaging 29.7 points per game. If he maintains that pace, he will need 11 more games to pass Abdul-Jabbar. If James doesn't sit out any games between now and then, and again, if the pace is maintained, the record would come against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Feb. 7 at home. The Lakers host the Bucks on Feb. 9 and travel to face the Warriors on Feb. 11, which could become record-setting dates if LeBron sits any games out over the next month.

• LeBron's last three games: 48 vs. Houston; 35 vs. Philadelphia; 24 vs. Dallas
  • LeBron's next three games: vs. Sacramento (Jan. 18); vs. Memphis (Jan. 20); at Portland (Jan. 22)
"I'm excited to see it happen. I don't see records as personal accomplishments, but more as human achievements," Adbul-Jabbar said ahead of the 2021-22 season about LeBron potentially breaking his record. "If one person can do something that's never been done, that means we all have a shot at doing it. It's a source of hope and inspiration. Roger Bannister broke the four-minute mile back in 1954. Since then, not only have 1,400 runners beaten that time, but the new record is 17 seconds less. We all win when a record is broken and if LeBron breaks mine, I will be right there to cheer him on."

This post will update after each game until LeBron is atop the all-time scoring list.

LeBron James scoring tracker: Lakers star on pace to set record in early February after season-best 48 points - CBSSports.com