NOS4A2: 'A Fight For Their Souls' | New AMC Series

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
i want to watch the whole season. but the downloads are not in 5.1.

i am salty.....

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Couldn't find 5.1 but I posted everything else over in that section. I might watch this one day.

there is no 5.1 for the leaked drops. if i want 5.1 i have to wait for the eps to air.

which is really not a big deal. i am seasons behind on many shows. i haven't even started the current seasons of billions, the flash, arrow or the last season of legion. i am behind on the twilight zone, cobra kai, the 100, both seasons of cloak and dagger and a gang of other shit. i can wait.

i don't know how @fonzerrillii does it. i work from home too. i have no idea how he keeps up with this shit. its too much to watch.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It really felt like this show should have been set in the past. They flash back a few times but the whole taking kids to Christmasland thing played out with me real quick. They did really good character development with their lead (Vic) and she did a good job. Her dad was stealing scenes left and right. The messages about abuse, drugs and alcoholism were pretty straightforward; not really subliminal at all. They could have given her rich girl-best friend (Willa) some more character development but the actress playing her did a great job. She had more screen presence than the lead when they were on together.

I felt like at one point they lost a little direction when they started to focus on the medium (Maggie) without adding more of a connection between her and Charlie. I felt it was a missed opportunity on the writers' part. Charlie didn't feel as threatening as I would have liked, either. Hell, the kids were scarier than he was half of the time. Plus, Zach Quinto seemed hell-bent on playing this role like he was in a stage production instead of a movie and that got old really quickly with me.

They focused more on Vic and her abilities and how she could disrupt Charlie's plans but their bridge mechanics seemed very different and inconsistent. Vic's bridge gave her a horrible case of pink eye and crippling headaches while Charlie's traveling seemed to have little to no effect on him and Maggie's bridge had no real consequences, either.
The show was a bit scattered in its direction. They tout two different male love interests and its like they decided to switch halfway through. The name suggests that this is a vampire show but only the kids seem to be and its subtle except for feeding time.
To their credit, it was a surprise to see three black chicks in one show. The cop was sexy. A cop named Hunter. HA! Funny.

Also, to their credit, I like how they wrote the mom. Usually, moms are the good characters trying to save their kids or they are aloof and know nothing about whats going on. For once, the mom was not the "nice" one. In this era of female narcissism, it was a bold choice to write the mom in that way, even though they excused her behavior away later in the show.
All-in-all, it was an okay show but I don't really see a second season happening without really stretching it.

Last edited:

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Should have ended with season one but I watched both seasons hoping for it to get better but it did not.