No Tuna DNA Found In Subway Tuna Sandwiches After Analysis... We've Been Ripped Off....

Simply_Black

International
International Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/22/subway-sandwiches-tuna-lab-test

New York Times commissions test of 60in worth of tuna sandwiches but researchers were unable to pinpoint a species.

A lab test commissioned by the New York Times failed to identify any tuna DNA in a series of Subway tuna sandwiches.

A reporter acquired “more than 60in worth of Subway tuna sandwiches” from three Los Angeles storefronts, then engaged a specialized fish-testing lab. Researchers were unable to pinpoint a species.

“There’s two conclusions,” a lab spokesperson told the Times. “One, it’s so heavily processed that whatever we could pull out, we couldn’t make an identification.

“Or we got some and there’s just nothing there that’s tuna.”

In February, when Inside Edition ran a similar test based on samples from New York, a Florida-based lab, Applied Food Technologies, did confirm the presence of tuna.

In January, when two California customers filed a lawsuit claiming the products “are made from anything but tuna”.

Instead, the plaintiffs alleged, the controversial comestibles are “made from a mixture of various concoctions”, ingredients “blended together … to imitate the appearance of tuna”.

Subway, which has more than 22,000 storefronts across the US, has has been dogged by legal action, including a class-action complaint that said its $5 foot-long sandwiches were in fact only 11 to 11.5in long.

It has fiercely defended the integrity of its tuna supply, calling the recent lawsuit “baseless”. Earlier this year, it touted its “100% real wild-caught tuna” on its website and offered a 15% discount on foot-long tuna subs under the promo code “ITSREAL”.

Earlier this month, the California customers who sued Subway walked back some of their more incendiary claims. But they still claimed “labeling, marketing and advertising” for Subway’s tuna products was “false and misleading”.

The headline-making case has sparked concern among consumers and responses from competitors. Other sandwich makers have pointed out that tuna is a relatively inexpensive meat, so Subway has little incentive to substitute a cheaper version.

Seafood experts have suggested Subway may not be to blame if its tuna is in fact not tuna.

“I don’t think a sandwich place would intentionally mislabel,” Dave Rudie, president of Catalina Offshore Products, told the Times. “They’re buying a can of tuna that says ‘tuna’. If there’s any fraud in this case, it happened at the cannery.”

Simply_Black

International
International Member
I now only eat their pan pizzas (if that particular store sells them) now anyway.:dunno:

Thanks to the cornerstores of ny the franchise subway always seemed utterly useless.. sandwiches made from boars head products>>>>> subway... probably ate their less than 10 times in my life and most of those times somebody bought it for me.. by the way blimpie>>>>>>> subways

Never had a sandwich from Subway but I've often bought their chocolate chip cookie which you can't go wrong with.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man how they survived that Jared pedo scandal unscathed will always be beyond me.. But if they were stupid enough to NOT fly straight after that.. Then fuck em.

They out here selling the people bootleg fish man... Shut that fucking establishment down!
The thing is that franchise been going down since that Jared scandal.. from franchise owners complaining about losing money with the 5 dollar footlong deals.. to their bread scandal.. to people complaining about the size and portions.. to owners complaining about to many franchises in close quarters...to people just not eating there in general.. shit is just existing but I think that revenue dropping overall

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You couldn't pay me to eat that shit when I was in HS and you damn sure couldn't pay me to eat that shit now especially when you can pay a dollar or two more and go to a real deli. :lol:
All of the meats they use are turkey based :smh::lol:

From the horse's mouth:

The Cold Cut Combo sandwich with ham, salami, and bologna (all turkey based) is a long-time Subway® favorite. Yeah. It's that good.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Use to eat a tuna with melted cheese almost daily from subway, to this day it reminds me of fine ass chick I use to fuck from Inglewood, So fine and pussy was so good I'd ignore that her twat always smelled just like a double toasted tuna from subway

giphy.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Yall deserve to eat rat meat
If u go buying shit outside

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Who the mother fuck...can't make a got dam sandwich? Brah..it's ridiculous

Exactly.

A coldcut sammich takes less than 5 minutes to prepare at that and for the same price one would pay for a prepared sammich you could get 3 or more sammiches just buying the ingredients yourself.