Nigeria + 6 other countries will be add to the controversial travel ban list by Trumps White House

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All I will tell you is that I’m married to one and it wasn’t for a damn green card either. Also, 80% of my clients are African Americans. So, I’ll let you do some deductive reasoning.
well you have to understand that for many black americans WE are africans as well but to see immigrant africans who didnt come here thru slavery look at us as an other or a group to be looked down upon might make some african americans feel some kind way. When racism happens to us we're told by these people...these african BLACK people to just work harder..when racism happens to them they recognize it as an unjust thing that must be overturned by protest and acts of indignation.

So when trump bans nigerians (because they come from a "shithole" country) they want to scream racism...and SOME black americans are just saying no shit sherlock... welcome to the nigga wake up call.

Last edited:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I’m in Lagos right now and I’ll prove you wrong when I return next week. Lol.

By the way, why are we talking about visas in the same sentence as an American passport holder?
Because these guys just read all these headlines through their preconceived, spoon-fed lenses

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
well you have to understand that for many black americans WE are africans as well but to see immigrant africans who didnt come here thru slavery look at us as an other or a group to be looked down upon might make some african americans feel some kind way. When racism happens to us we're told by these people...these african BLACK people to just work harder..when racism happens to them they recognize it as an unjust thing that must be overturned by protest and acts of indignation.

So when trump bans nigerians (because they come from a "shithole" country) they want to scream racism...and SOME black americans are just saying no shit sherlock... welcome to the nigga wake up call.
It's going to affect y'all also. If you go home and come back, extra screenings or possibly being denied entry. I don't want to see anyone harassed by this, but I'd like to see the folks in this thread who think it's ok to get locked up for 2-3+ weeks like other black Americans have because they look like or have the same name of an immigrant ICE for whom ICE is looking.
Your US passport still says you were born in Nigeria and they don't give a shit about "certain visas". You'll still get harassed. I personally know a US citizen born in Iran who was temporarily denied entry.

I just wanted to thank y'all for your concerns but I safely arrived from Nigeria this morning and it took me 3 seconds to get through immigration (global entry) and it took me 15 seconds to get through customs. LOL, all these with my blue and green passports prominently and proudly displayed.

We had to do an emergency landing in Charleston because of a sick person, who died :(

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
I just wanted to thank y'all for your concerns but I safely arrived from Nigeria this morning and it took me 3 seconds to get through immigration (global entry) and it took me 15 seconds to get through customs. LOL, all these with my blue and green passports prominently and proudly displayed.

We had to do an emergency landing in Charleston because of a sick person, who died :(
Glad they didn't give you any trouble. By the way, do you wear a suit when you travel? I sometimes do. Depends on the trip.