NFL to play black national anthem before season openers

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No one asked for this shit. We out here asking for cops to stop killing us, and when they are, they be held accountable like every other fucking citizen, and these assholes are offering Life Every Voice, and Van Jones

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
No one asked for this shit. We out here asking for cops to stop killing us, and when they are, they be held accountable like every other fucking citizen, and these assholes are offering Life Every Voice, and Van Jones
tenor.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
If they can only STOP the fucking pigs from murdering and abusing unarmed black men and women. They are doing everything but the MAIN thing that needs to be done.

Then should this be the job of every other aspect of the entertainment industry?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
If they can only STOP the fucking pigs from murdering and abusing unarmed black men and women. They are doing everything but the MAIN thing that needs to be done.

Funny,how the NFL can threaten the city of Atlanta and the state of Arizona to pull the Superbowl away,if they don't vetoed anti-gay legislation but won't threaten cities to pass legislation to protect us and punish these race soldiers.

Hell,Arizona had the Superbowl in 91 pulled because it didn't recognized MLK as a holiday...

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WTF is a Black National Anthem? Man Fuck the NFL!!!!

WTF are you talking about? Lift Every Voice and Sing has been recognized as the "Negro" National Anthem for decades at least to most black people.
In a league where 90% of the players are black if the NFL can play a National Anthem that is replete with war mongering and racist lyrics it is great they would mandate playing the NNA that was written in 1899 by two black brothers and contains nothing but positive humanitarian lyrics. Know your history. :hmm:

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want it! I'm in these FB football groups( as well as my Eagles) and white folk ARE LOSING THEIR MINDZ :roflmao: AND I'M GOING HARD IN THE PAINT AGAINST THOSE RACIST FUCKERS.. AND I'M LAUGHING MY AZZ OFF/Me to them- GET OVA IT!!! FUCK YO TEARS SUPER MAYO..GO WATCH PE WEE LACROSSE THEN!!! :roflmao3:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WTF is a Black National Anthem? Man Fuck the NFL!!!!

I may not agree with you on sumthings!! I agree 110% on this!! I've never heard of a black national anthem!! And yes, fuck the nfl!! Might as well add nba!! It's nothing but " bread and circuses"!!! Something to keep our people distracted, so we don't snap outta the trance/dream and see what's really been going on!!

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I may not agree with you on sumthings!! I agree 110% on this!! I've never heard of a black national anthem!! And yes, fuck the nfl!! Might as well add nba!! It's nothing but " bread and circuses"!!! Something to keep our people distracted, so we don't snap outta the trance/dream and see what's really been going on!!

I wouldn't brag that I've never heard of a black national anthem. It's been in existence for decades and is revered by those of us who have made an effort to learn our history and be proud of it. :hmm:

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They're not mutually exclusive. Think about it. :hmm:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't brag that I've never heard of a black national anthem. It's been in existence for decades and is revered by those of us who have made an effort to learn our history and be proud of it. :hmm:

I'm not going to back a song I've never heard as my so called national anthem!! Fuck that feel good shit!! Thats all these colonist do, give us a empty feel good speech, a feel good song!! But don't wanna comment on May 31st and June 1st, the black codes of 1865 or touch or talk about $5 indians, or talk about why they won't address they are going out their way yearly to keep our folks distracted, miseducated and divided! Or touch reparations!! But, if that song makes you feel good, jump and sing!!

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not going to back a song I've never heard as my so called national anthem!! Fuck that feel good shit!! Thats all these colonist do, give us a empty feel good speech, a feel good song!! But don't wanna comment on May 31st and June 1st, the black codes of 1865 or touch or talk about $5 indians, or talk about why they won't address they are going out their way yearly to keep our folks distracted, miseducated and divided! Or touch reparations!! But, if that song makes you feel good, jump and sing!!

Ignorance is bliss and you must be ecstatic if not knowledgeable . Colonists as you term them didn't give us shit. The song was written by two black brothers at the turn of the century and if you took the time to listen to it rather than just rail against it you might find it worthwhile and uplifting. Insane that you have, and will, stand for the white folks National Anthem that speaks about keeping slaves in their place but you have no use of a song that extols black peoples fight for equality. It's not a black National Anthem that would divide or distract us, it's an ingrained and practiced slave mentality like yours that will. Know your history or at least try to learn it. :hmm:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
NFL is so tone deaf and has benefited off systemic racism that every decision on these matters shows how far gone they are. Who the fuck made this request? The players coalition? How the fuck does this make a dent in the racism and police brutality? Bunch of wealthy idiots. WTF.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn't you go to an HBCU? FAMU, right?

They didn't play that at all? They played it before EVERY football and basketball game at Winston Salem State. :lol:

However, I didn't even know about it until 2002 when I started going to state.

When I started at WSSU in '03, I actually thought it was more of a southern thing (I grew up in the Midwest) than an HBCU thing at the time

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When I started at WSSU in '03, I actually thought it was more of a southern thing (I grew up in the Midwest) than an HBCU thing at the time

Juneteenth and the Black National Anthem were learned at WSSU.

Did you have Dr. Bell for African American History? Or Mr. Meacham for English?

If so, both of those professors have died. Also, Dr. Battle as well. Dr. Battle dies way back in the 2000s. He taught American History. He hated Maya Angelou though. :lol:

I can name at least four professors I had that had past since I’ve left.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Juneteenth and the Black National Anthem were learned at WSSU.

Did you have Dr. Bell for African American History? Or Mr. Meacham for English?

If so, both of those professors have died. Also, Dr. Battle as well. Dr. Battle dies way back in the 2000s. He taught American History. He hated Maya Angelou though. :lol:

I can name at least four professors I had that had past since I’ve left.

Yep, stuff Dr Bell and Dr Little taught still sticks with me to this day

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is the most pandering ass-shit I've ever heard. SMH
Who the fuck has demanded there be a "Black National Anthem" before games? Absolutely no one.
This is just more symbolic bullshit they can throw at us without actually coming off the bag.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm guessing the folks that aren't familiar with the term "black national anthem" aren't from the south.