NFL added illegal contract language AFTER the vote, Eric Reid calls for probe, revote over post-ballot changes to CBA

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Free-agent safety Eric Reid wants the NFL's new collective bargaining agreement invalidated over language added after ratification of the pact earlier this month.
He is calling for an investigation and a revote.
In a letter to the NFLPA on Monday, Reid's lawyers said the CBA posted on the players' association's website after passage of the agreement by a 1,019-959 vote on March 15 contains language different from the one that the players signed off on.
The new CBA is set to begin with the upcoming 2020 season and extend through 2030.
The letter from attorneys Ben Meiselas and Ray Genco highlights a difference in wording in the section about the league's disability plan that affects hundreds, and potentially thousands, of ex-players who applied for Social Security disability insurance payments before Jan. 1, 2015. In the version the players received and approved, those offsets applied only to players who applied after Jan. 1, 2015.
In a series of tweets Monday, Reid, a vocal opponent of the agreement, provided screenshots of the CBA agreement that showed the language added after players approved the deal.
My lawyers @meiselasb and @markgeragos sent a letter to the @NFLPA and @DeSmithNFLPA this morning demanding answers why language in CBA was changed after vote and demanding a new vote and investigation. Read the letter and compare CBA we voted on vs. CBA posted on NFLPA website. pic.twitter.com/1F2LapcQE2
— Eric Reid (@E_Reid35) March 30, 2020

The NFL declined comment and the NFLPA told ESPN it is withholding comment until its attorneys have had a chance to review the pertinent information.
Meiselas told The Associated Press by phone Monday that the discrepancy was discovered when lawyers were "working with families of disabled players to guide them through the process."
"We've been obviously critical of the CBA from the outset because it takes from disabled players. And so in advising them, we were looking at it and pointing out where they had issues and where they were going to be likely getting less money," Meiselas said. "And then we saw it, and we go, 'I don't remember seeing this in Paragraph B.'"

Meiselas questioned why the language was added and why the NFL and players' union weren't transparent about the change.
"And so Eric's letter demands the invalidation and an investigation and a revote because how do you stick in language that players didn't know they were voting for?" Meiselas said. "It's perplexing and concerning even if the changes were minor that there was no transparency and no explanation. But here, the changes are major and drastically and dramatically impact disability benefits to players."
He said a revote seems like "the only logical answer."
"When there's a potential manipulation of the language to an agreement, what's the alternative?" Meiselas said, adding, "We're waiting on an explanation at this point."
ESPN's Dan Graziano and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If the players don't FINALLY realize how the this country is hooked on the nfl like crack especially during this crisis?

If they don't unite and hold these owners up RIGHT BEFORE THE BIG TV CONTACT REUP?

they just need to never ever speak out or complain on anything again

Tell it...

Its called leverage, and it seems they don't realize how much they have.

But, the players lost me, after the way the Kaep situation was handled. The league COULDN'T fine and suspend 80% of the league!

That solidarity could've led to a MUCH better split and other concessions in the most recent CBA..but oh well

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tell it...

Its called leverage, and it seems they don't realize how much they have.

But, the players lost me, after the way the Kaep situation was handled. The league COULDN'T fine and suspend 80% of the league!

That solidarity could've led to a MUCH better split and other concessions in the most recent CBA..but oh well

Facts

They needed to just follow Dominique foxsworth lead and decertify the union

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dirty, Dirty, Dirty. Thats what they get for rushing this vote. 10 year deal, come on.

I hope Eric Reid takes over the NFLPA and keep fighting cause I don't think anyone else is.

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
Biggest group of dummies on the planet. These niggas can wait to slave for massa back on the plantati...I mean field.

Sports ain't coming back for at least 2-3 years. Arenas with crowds are a pipe dream at this point. But these fools got bills to pay and if this shit all ended today a lot would be broke in 1-2 years.

Yall nigga are just as responsible too. You give those same white owners your time and money while making them rich as fuck. They in turn use your money to shit and piss on you. All yall niggas will come back for more because of your addictions to gambling or violence.

I don't fuck with that fixed piece of shit league and the NBA is just a higher class of Plantation. After the Corona shakes out these losers with go back to massa for handouts while having all the power and money but NONE of the smarts to start a black owned league.

Yall sports nigga better check those agents and financial advisorss twice and take some online classes then get a job. Those banks aint giving extensions to niggas with no job potential in the near future.