Newcleus Is Quietly Plotting Their 1st Album Since 1985's "Space Is The Place"

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Newcleus Is Quietly Plotting Their 1st Album Since 1985's "Space Is The Place"

Since Newcleus first emerged, Hip Hop has obviously experienced a myriad of changes. As someone who was there to witness the birth of an entire culture, Cozmo watched its evolution unfold — some changes he applauds, while others he finds disappointing. But he has hope.

“The most exciting for me recently has been the trend of making original beats and tracks, rather than everything being completely sample-based. Don’t get me wrong, I love sampling, but there is nothing like creating a dope ass beat completely from your heart, soul and ability.

“There are a large amount of rappers who seemingly try to sound like each other. Style biting used to be the greatest taboo in Hip Hop. Now, it seems to be both encouraged and rewarded. Even worse, it leads to a stagnation of flows and cadences, which are essential to moving the art form forward. I have faith though that this will change with time.”

Jam-On-Returns is expected to arrive sometime during the first quarter of 2020.

Until then, check out “Summer Of ’79” above and cop it https://music.apple.com/us/album/summer-of-79-single/1474987328

their new song

their classic hit

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
That new single is actually refreshing.
Mellow beat with a touch of their original formula.
Hearing an artist from the Trueschool era drop in 2019 and not sound dated and washed is an achievement.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Is there a loud way for them to be doing this? Quietly implies everyone is looking for it, and they’re hiding it somewhere

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That new single is actually refreshing.
Mellow beat with a touch of their original formula.
Hearing an artist from the Trueschool era drop in 2019 and not sound dated and washed is an achievement.
I agree. They should make a video .
I just heard 90's group Black Moon new album pretty good .

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wait a sec OP??? "Space is the Place" was from the "Jonzun Crew", correct!!! Am I reading your post title incorrectly???

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
I am certain that the Jonzun Crew has a "track" called "Space is the Place". Apologies for not being more precise earlier!!!
jonzun crew does have a track called space is the place,
however OP is talking about albums, newcleus last album was titled space is the place.

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
jonzun crew does have a track called space is the place,
however OP is talking about albums, newcleus last album was titled space is the place.
Understood. Thank you. I've been wondering when this Techno portion of Hip Hop would make its resurgence?