New York Declares Juneteenth A Holiday For State Employees.....

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
EVmX.gif

its not an either/or binary choice... YOU yourself expressed that when you repeatedly posted her statement.. "We've got all of these disparities that we've got to address and I mean all of them. While we've got some momentum I hope we can get some of it done. We can have one America if we try," she told KTVT.

That sounds like she's not done yet and you agree....Now youre all Symbolism over substance as a way of quieting the “Negro masses” when they openly rebel. this tricknology is aided and abetted by people like you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

who am I?? someone who voted for biden and the dem majority and people like me are the ones making it hard for ADOS, according to YOU... but heres the problem for you in this juneteenth issue....if you blame ME then you HAVE TO blame Ms Opal Lee because she's in the same boat...SHE voted for biden..SHE voted for the dem majority too and she literally campaigned and promoted the holiday... like I said you cant have it both ways..

Youve already said and shown in so many ways your anger and dismissal of the holiday and according to YOU Ms Opal is being USED as the face because who can be mad as an octogenarian right? so just OWN it....you and supersav and anyone else who has a problem with it.

BE HONEST... according to your various posts Ms Opal was used and juneteenth was a wasted effort... just admit it publicly and you'll feel better

Geechie, you're either dense or willfully misrepresenting this issue. As as been noted, THIS AIN'T ABOUT HER! And YOU are the one who inserted her name into this discussion. It's about the legislators and people of power who fail to advance any substantive legislation. I just stated this above.

And yes, it's aided and abetted by people like YOU..........meaning those people who DEFLECT from the people and parties in power and try to make someone like Opal Lee the focal point of this discussion.

Answer a simple question: What significant legislation as it pertains to Black America has the Democratic majority in Congress and/or the Democratic presidential administration advanced thus far this year?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Geechie, you're either dense or willfully misrepresenting this issue. As as been noted, THIS AIN'T ABOUT HER! And YOU are the one who inserted her name into this discussion. It's about the legislators and people of power who fail to advance any substantive legislation. I just stated this above.

And yes, it's aided and abetted by people like YOU..........meaning those people who DEFLECT from the people and parties in power and try to make someone like Opal Lee the focal point of this discussion.

Answer a simple question: What significant legislation as it pertains to Black America has the Democratic majority in Congress and/or the Democratic presidential administration advanced thus far this year?

I'll answer that question when you answer mine first..

But since you wanna be angry at the legislators who did it...what did you say to Shiela Jackson and ed markey?? How did you express your dissatisfaction with this development to them?

I'm curious to know??

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
I'll answer that question when you answer mine first..

It has already been answered above............that dissatisfaction was expressed all last year when we repeatedly advocated for a BLACK AGENDA.........only to be told to "shut up and go vote" or be straight-up suppressed by your ilk (remember Ice Cube?). So we already saw this coming because it has been done before and there is nothing knew about it.

Now answer my question.........it should be fairly easy to point me to that legislation.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It has already been answered above............that dissatisfaction was expressed all last year when we repeatedly advocated for a BLACK AGENDA.........only to be told to "shut up and go vote" or be straight-up suppressed by your ilk (remember Ice Cube?). So we already saw this coming because it has been done before and there is nothing knew about it.

Now answer my question.........it should be fairly easy to point me to that legislation.
I asked what YOU'VE done and all you said essentially was bitch and moan on a message board...translation: NOTHING...ok got it:rolleyes2:

The short answer much of it is still in progress...

Extend the Voting Rights Act: NOT YET ACHIEVED
A comprehensive voting bill passed the House, but Republicans have universally opposed it, leaving its fate in limbo in the U.S. Senate — and leading to renewed discussions among Democrats about scrapping the legislative filibuster. Republicans argue that the federal government should leave voting rights issues and election administration to the states.

But following the 2020 presidential election and former President Donald Trump's false allegations of widespread fraud, multiple GOP-led states are taking steps to restrict voting rights. Georgia's recently passed law, for example, has been the subject of corporate boycotts and the reason for Major League Baseball moving its All-Star Game out of Atlanta.

Institute a national police oversight commission: DROPPED
This month, the White House announced it was shelving the commission, saying it "would not be the most effective way to deliver on our top priority in this area, which is to sign the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act into law." The bill, which has passed the House but not the Senate, would overhaul certain police practices and ban chokeholds.

The day after the Derek Chauvin guilty verdict for the murder of George Floyd, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that the Justice Department would be launching an investigation into the Minneapolis Police Department for possible patterns of discrimination and excessive use of force. It's the first investigation of its kind during the Biden presidency.

Push Congress to pass the SAFE Justice Act: NOT YET ACHIEVED
The Safe, Accountable, Fair, and Effective Justice Act (or SAFE Justice Act) was a bipartisan piece of legislation introduced by Democratic Rep. Bobby Scott of Virginia and now-former Republican Rep. Jason Lewis of Minnesota. It would take steps toward changing sentencing and probation, including reducing the use of mandatory-minimum sentencing for nonviolent offenses and instituting policies geared at lowering recidivism.

It was first introduced in 2017 but never received a vote. There has been no action to this point in Congress on the legislation, but congressional aides with knowledge of the legislative push say they are expecting it will be introduced as soon as next month and believe it will have bipartisan and bicameral support. They see it as a complement to the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, which does not deal with sentencing and probation or what happens to people after they serve their time.

Health care
Biden has acted swiftly to strengthen the Affordable Care Act, one of his main campaign promises. His administration has already taken multiple steps to reverse efforts by Trump to destroy the Democrats' landmark health care law.
Biden reopened the federal Affordable Care Act exchange in mid-February, giving uninsured Americans until mid-August to sign up for 2021 coverage and allowing existing enrollees to shop for better plans with their beefed-up subsidies, which last for two years.
That additional assistance was part of the Democrats' $1.9 trillion relief package. Enrollees will now pay no more than 8.5% of their incomes toward coverage, down from nearly 10%. And lower-income policyholders and the jobless will receive subsidies that eliminate their premiums completely.

Now while that's disappointing at this point it's not completely discouraging... so please tell us AT THIS POINT whats the alternative measure that WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ALL OF THOSE THINGS DONE BY NOW IF WE JUST HAD DONE THAT INSTEAD OF TAKING THIS ROUTE???

coming out of trump and not going the Biden route what other way could have been taken thats gets all of those things DONE by june of 2021???

But theres a quote...If I recall its one of your favorite quotes in this thread: "We've got all of these disparities that we've got to address and I mean all of them. While we've got some momentum I hope we can get some of it done. We can have one America if we try,"

Someone said that.... can you tell me who that was??

And then YOU chimed in and said: It has the CAPACITY to get done as long people are not content with symbolic “victories” like making Juneteenth a holiday

Do you believe those things??

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
I asked what YOU'VE done and all you said essentially was bitch and moan on a message board...translation: NOTHING...ok got it:rolleyes2:

The short answer much of it is still in progress...

Extend the Voting Rights Act: NOT YET ACHIEVED
A comprehensive voting bill passed the House, but Republicans have universally opposed it, leaving its fate in limbo in the U.S. Senate — and leading to renewed discussions among Democrats about scrapping the legislative filibuster. Republicans argue that the federal government should leave voting rights issues and election administration to the states.

But following the 2020 presidential election and former President Donald Trump's false allegations of widespread fraud, multiple GOP-led states are taking steps to restrict voting rights. Georgia's recently passed law, for example, has been the subject of corporate boycotts and the reason for Major League Baseball moving its All-Star Game out of Atlanta.

Institute a national police oversight commission: DROPPED
This month, the White House announced it was shelving the commission, saying it "would not be the most effective way to deliver on our top priority in this area, which is to sign the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act into law." The bill, which has passed the House but not the Senate, would overhaul certain police practices and ban chokeholds.

The day after the Derek Chauvin guilty verdict for the murder of George Floyd, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that the Justice Department would be launching an investigation into the Minneapolis Police Department for possible patterns of discrimination and excessive use of force. It's the first investigation of its kind during the Biden presidency.

Push Congress to pass the SAFE Justice Act: NOT YET ACHIEVED
The Safe, Accountable, Fair, and Effective Justice Act (or SAFE Justice Act) was a bipartisan piece of legislation introduced by Democratic Rep. Bobby Scott of Virginia and now-former Republican Rep. Jason Lewis of Minnesota. It would take steps toward changing sentencing and probation, including reducing the use of mandatory-minimum sentencing for nonviolent offenses and instituting policies geared at lowering recidivism.

It was first introduced in 2017 but never received a vote. There has been no action to this point in Congress on the legislation, but congressional aides with knowledge of the legislative push say they are expecting it will be introduced as soon as next month and believe it will have bipartisan and bicameral support. They see it as a complement to the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, which does not deal with sentencing and probation or what happens to people after they serve their time.

Health care
Biden has acted swiftly to strengthen the Affordable Care Act, one of his main campaign promises. His administration has already taken multiple steps to reverse efforts by Trump to destroy the Democrats' landmark health care law.
Biden reopened the federal Affordable Care Act exchange in mid-February, giving uninsured Americans until mid-August to sign up for 2021 coverage and allowing existing enrollees to shop for better plans with their beefed-up subsidies, which last for two years.
That additional assistance was part of the Democrats' $1.9 trillion relief package. Enrollees will now pay no more than 8.5% of their incomes toward coverage, down from nearly 10%. And lower-income policyholders and the jobless will receive subsidies that eliminate their premiums completely.

Now while that's disappointing at this point it's not completely discouraging... so please tell us AT THIS POINT whats the alternative measure that WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ALL OF THOSE THINGS DONE BY NOW IF WE JUST HAD DONE THAT INSTEAD OF TAKING THIS ROUTE???

coming out of trump and not going the Biden route what other way could have been taken thats gets all of those things DONE by june of 2021???

But theres a quote...If I recall its one of your favorite quotes in this thread: "We've got all of these disparities that we've got to address and I mean all of them. While we've got some momentum I hope we can get some of it done. We can have one America if we try,"

Someone said that.... can you tell me who that was??

And then YOU chimed in and said: It has the CAPACITY to get done as long people are not content with symbolic “victories” like making Juneteenth a holiday

Do you believe those things??

QUESTION: "What significant legislation as it pertains to ASIAN AMERICANS has the Democratic majority in Congress and/or the Democratic presidential administration advanced thus far this year?"​
ANSWER:

QUESTION: "What significant legislation as it pertains to BLACK AMERICA has the Democratic majority in Congress and/or the Democratic presidential administration advanced thus far this year?"

ANSWER: "NOT YET ACHIEVED", "DROPPED", and "NOT YET ACHIEVED"

Thanks for answering my question.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol:
QUESTION: "What significant legislation as it pertains to ASIAN AMERICANS has the Democratic majority in Congress and/or the Democratic presidential administration advanced thus far this year?"​
ANSWER:

QUESTION: "What significant legislation as it pertains to BLACK AMERICA has the Democratic majority in Congress and/or the Democratic presidential administration advanced thus far this year?"

[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::lol:
I knew you'd do that..

But heres the deal beyond the name...what exactly does the Anti Asian Hate Crime DO??

it DOESN'T prevent crimes against asiasns...it doesn' make it easier to prosecute them..just moniters and throws a little money (50 million) into the resources of that..

I said this before... if that bill was titled the Anti African American Hate Crime Bill and changing NOTHING ELSE....you would say it's a pittance that doesn't go far enough. you know it...I know it and everyone on this board knows it!!! Or you would have no faith it would actually happen but for some reason believe this Asian hate crime is a big win for Asians yet can't explain how beyond it having their name on it and some funding attached. :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

If you scoff at symbolic gestures from politicians then the Anti Asian Hate Crime Law is as effective as Juneteenth :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but youre smart enough to know this so why play the game???

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
:lol:
ANSWER:

I knew you'd do that..

But heres the deal beyond the name...what exactly does the Anti Asian Hate Crime DO??

it DOESN'T prevent crimes against asiasns...it doesn' make it easier to prosecute them..just moniters and throws a little money (50 million) into the resources of that..

I said this before... if that bill was titled the Anti African American Hate Crime Bill and changing NOTHING ELSE....you would say it's a pittance that doesn't go far enough. you know it...I know it and everyone on this board knows it!!! Or you would have no faith it would actually happen but for some reason believe this Asian hate crime is a big win for Asians yet can't explain how beyond it having their name on it and some funding attached. :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

If you scoff at symbolic gestures from politicians then the Anti Asian Hate Crime Law is as effective as Juneteenth :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but youre smart enough to know this so why play the game???
[/QUOTE]

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I knew you'd do that..

[/QUOTE]
platitudes :rolleyes2:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
platitudes :rolleyes2:

"NOT YET ACHIEVED", "DROPPED", and "NOT YET ACHIEVED"
[/QUOTE]
Which brings us back tooo... tell us AT THIS POINT whats the alternative measure that WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ALL OF THOSE THINGS DONE BY NOW IF WE JUST HAD DONE THAT INSTEAD OF TAKING THIS ROUTE???

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
"NOT YET ACHIEVED", "DROPPED", and "NOT YET ACHIEVED"
Which brings us back tooo... tell us AT THIS POINT whats the alternative measure that WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ALL OF THOSE THINGS DONE BY NOW IF WE JUST HAD DONE THAT INSTEAD OF TAKING THIS ROUTE???
[/QUOTE]

First of all, learn how to quote!

Second of all, tell us why the original measures you're following don't seem to be working for us?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

First of all, learn how to quote!

Second of all, tell us why the original measures you're following don't seem to be working for us?
actually your previous quote is fucked up thats why mine is fucked up...look at it

second...youre answering a question with a question which is a cop out....answer mine first or drop out the thread :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
actually your previous quote is fucked up thats why mine is fucked up...look at it

second...youre answering a question with a question which is a cop out....answer mine first or drop out the thread :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

Your quote before mine is fucked up.....which is where the fucked-upness starts. Your quotes are like your thoughts.....fucked up but you double-down on them!!!
:giggle:

Anyway, your question has been answered numerous times. You just dislike the answer so you keep asking it again - Fox News-style. And the answer is simple - demand something for your vote rather than just give it up. Perhaps you've missed the #ADOS conversations over the past two years.

Now.......I'll ask again.........tell us why the original measures you're following don't seem to be working for us?

And here is the link to your original fucked up quote: https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/n...-state-employees.1095254/page-5#post-22108192

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your quote before mine is fucked up.....which is where the fucked-upness starts. Your quotes are like your thoughts.....fucked up but you double-down on them!!!
:giggle:

Anyway, your question has been answered numerous times. You just dislike the answer so you keep asking it again - Fox News-style. And the answer is simple - demand something for your vote rather than just give it up. Perhaps you've missed the #ADOS conversations over the past two years.

Now.......I'll ask again.........tell us why the original measures you're following don't seem to be working for us?

And here is the link to your original fucked up quote: https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/n...-state-employees.1095254/page-5#post-22108192
what were your answers to the question??

what candidate should we vote for....MARIANNE WILLIAMSON... how did that work out?

ADOS withholds the vote at top of ballot in 2016....TRUMP...how did that work out?

2020 comes you start that "withhold the vote at the top of the ticket" mess again...even YOUR BOY eddie glaude said NOPE NOT DOING THAT AGAIN. :rolleyes:

now you could make a case nothings happened SO FAR under biden.....but YOU have NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVES!!! You wanna talk about doubling down?? you been doubling down on shit the last four years..so no you HAVEN'T answered the question because you CAN'T answer the question because YOU can't name any VIABLE candidates or a VIABLE alternate party.

We got what we got in the two major parties and you have to WORK with that as best you can.

Now ANY progress that gets made you WILL credit ADOS organizations for making that progress THRU THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY (cuz lord KNOWS shit ain't happening thru this era of GOP) That being the case start looking for ways get to the agenda done with the ONLY SIDE thats even willing to entertain the issues and STOP bitching and moaning about it and trying to discourage black people from participating in a process that republicans are working hard to make sure we CAN'T.

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
what were your answers to the question??

what candidate should we vote for....MARIANNE WILLIAMSON... how did that work out?

This didn’t happen.

ADOS withholds the vote at top of ballot in 2016....TRUMP...how did that work out?

This didn’t happen either.

2020 comes you start that "withhold the vote at the top of the ticket" mess again...even YOUR BOY eddie glaude said NOPE NOT DOING THAT AGAIN. :rolleyes:

now you could make a case nothings happened SO FAR under biden.....

And how long will “SO FAR” last? We had 8 years of “so far” under Obama.

but YOU have NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVES!!! You wanna talk about doubling down?? you been doubling down on shit the last four years..so no you HAVEN'T answered the question because you CAN'T answer the question because YOU can't name any VIABLE candidates or a VIABLE alternate party.

We got what we got in the two major parties and you have to WORK with that as best you can.

You’re so comfortable remaining a “captured electorate” that you now ADVOCATE for it!! :smh:

Black Voters Are So Loyal That Their Issues Get Ignored

Now ANY progress that gets made you WILL credit ADOS organizations for making that progress THRU THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY (cuz lord KNOWS shit ain't happening thru this era of GOP) That being the case start looking for ways get to the agenda done with the ONLY SIDE thats even willing to entertain the issues and STOP bitching and moaning about it and trying to discourage black people from participating in a process that republicans are working hard to make sure we CAN'T.

Bending the will of the Democratic Party and getting the party that 90% of us vote for to actually push meaningful policies on our behalf has been the ADOS position from day one. Somehow you missed that.

This discussion has run its course. Re-up this thread and tag me in it when the statuses of "NOT YET ACHIEVED", "DROPPED", and "NOT YET ACHIEVED" have changed.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bending the will of the Democratic Party and getting the party that 90% of us vote for to actually push meaningful policies on our behalf has been the ADOS position from day one. Somehow you missed that.
youre not bending the will of the democratic party....others are working WITH those politicians..YOU just bitching and moaning on a message board.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
youre not bending the will of the democratic party....others are working WITH those politicians..YOU just bitching and moaning on a message board.

This discussion has run its course. Re-up this thread and tag me in it when the statuses of "NOT YET ACHIEVED", "DROPPED", and "NOT YET ACHIEVED" have changed.