TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Getting the white manager to 'take the heat' for the gat... kills several birds with one stone. :yes:

Now Clark County won't have to pay him for the Tour Overseas. :smh:
And will probably fire him when he gets back... for jeopardizing his whole career. :rolleyes:

Which opens up a whole SEASON WORTH of storylines...

Because I have a feeling.... that Earn is gonna become Clark County's Manager also, next season. :yes:
That way... it opens up the possibility that Paperboy & Clark County can form a duo. :yes: Like OUTKAST. :yes:

Let that sink in.

Just saying.

Reach

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Getting the white manager to 'take the heat' for the gat... kills several birds with one stone. :yes:

Now Clark County won't have to pay him for the Tour Overseas. :smh:
it doesn't work like that
1. the manager is going to get 10 to 20% off the tour and for atleast the next 3yrs if fired
2. even though I doubt Clark gave him a choice -real talk in that situation - it was the manager's job to take the arrest
entourage member or goon should have been there to take it
(eg. LilWayne never should have caught a gun charge in NYC)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
he probably isn't an avid reader either...

Atlanta isn't a sitcom - not even close to one, but
some people only understand sitcoms... and are lost when exposed to satire or dark comedies

listen to Glover's first answer here about This is America

my guess is this would fly miles over Bo's head too

this brother said

to play on the 4th of July?

/dead

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I think that was the whole point of the Jewish passport renewal convo...

It was the entire point.
But again Earn has been begging and pleading for the future. Do stuff now so it can pay off later and Paper has been in trapping instant mode.
Before the college thing he's telling him you do this now then you can come back to this 2 more times 75g's a piece each time and Paper is like....shhh man idk are you sure?

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
it doesn't work like that
1. the manager is going to get 10 to 20% off the tour and for atleast the next 3yrs if fired
2. even though I doubt Clark gave him a choice -real talk in that situation - it was the manager's job to take the arrest
entourage member or goon should have been there to take it
(eg. LilWayne never should have caught a gun charge in NYC)
Doesn't matter how it works 'in real life'. :smh: This is a TV show. :rolleyes:

If he FORCED him to 'take a gun charge' right on the spot.... you really think Clark County is gonna 'pay off' that Manager for the next 3 years? :rolleyes: Yeah, sure he will. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter if they try to 'sue him'.... they gonna have to 'catch him in traffic' to get that paper. :yes: Literally.

"Hey Lucas, check it out, man.... you gonna take this (unregistered) gun charge... at the airport... and risk your freedom... and you'll probably end up in jail for a hot minute... but whenever you get out (or make bail) I'll be sure to pay you all the money I owe you & your company... For the next few years." :rolleyes: Yeah, ok.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Doesn't matter how it works 'in real life'. :smh: This is a TV show. :rolleyes:

If he FORCED him to 'take a gun charge' right on the spot.... you really think Clark County is gonna 'pay off' that Manager for the next 3 years? :rolleyes: Yeah, sure he will. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter if they try to 'sue him'.... they gonna have to 'catch him in traffic' to get that paper. :yes: Literally.

"Hey Lucas, check it out, man.... you gonna take this (unregistered) gun charge... at the airport... and risk your freedom... and you'll probably end up in jail for a hot minute... but whenever you get out (or make bail) I'll be sure to pay you all the money I owe you & your company... For the next few years." :rolleyes: Yeah, ok.
nothing about the way they portrayed Clark - showed he would have that kind of convo with Lucas... He slipped him the gun and left w/o words.
as for the rest... Lucas will get paid, jews n white boys get their money: "systemic connections"
streetwise: you can't duck people when you make a living being booked for shows and appearances- its just not healthy
"cash or ass"

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
nothing about the way they portrayed Clark - showed he would have that kind of convo with Lucas... He slipped him the gun and left w/o words.
as for the rest... Lucas will get paid, jews n white boys get their money: "systemic connections"
streetwise: you can't duck people when you make a living being booked for shows and appearances- its just not healthy
"cash or ass"
Lucas will never get paid if he took the gun charge, like that. :smh:
Clark could easily 'void their contract'... and be well within his rights to do so.

Because I'm sure Clark never signed any management contract that explicitly stated he had to agree to 'risk his freedom at the airport'... in order to be represented by Lucas and/or his company.

That's the problem with trying to 'keep it real' when talking about a (fictional) tv show. It works both ways.

Clark can just hire a whole different 'white-owned management firm' to get rid of the first. :rolleyes: Problem solved.
Because if they tried to sue him... Lucas' company would lose in court. In a heartbeat. :yes:
For Nondisclosure. Illegal Activities. Misrepresentation. Impossibility. Take your pick.

And btw, I never meant to suggest that Clark actually SAID that stuff to Lucas... the quotes just imply that is probably how Clark THINKS.
It's not that hard to understand / follow. :rolleyes:

About 'the way' they portrayed Clark...

He's the type of guy who tells his Engineer... "I'm not saying that I would put hands on you.... but then again.... I'm not the only person with hands". :hmm: C'mon bruh. That is NOT the same type of guy who would think: "Lucas is gonna take this gun charge for me... But I'm STILL gonna pay him every nickel, later." :smh: No way. Not happening.

That doesn't match his 'thought process'. :smh: Not at all.

Think about it... If Clark is slick enough to dodge a serious GUN CHARGE... within a few seconds... then he's definitely slick enough to dodge a few FEE PAYMENTS... if he has a several weeks / months / years to figure out how do so. :yes:

Get another manager / or management company. Or get a lawyer. Problem solved.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Lucas will never get paid if he took the gun charge, like that. :smh:
Clark could easily 'void their contract'... and be well within his rights to do so.
:lol:

Because I'm sure Clark never signed any management contract that explicitly stated he had to 'risk his freedom at the airport'... in order to be represented by Lucas and/or his company.

That's the problem with trying to 'keep it real' when talking about a (fictional) tv show. It works both ways.

Clark can just hire a whole different 'white-owned management firm' to get rid of the first. :rolleyes: Problem solved.
Because Lucas' company would lose in court. In a heartbeat. :yes:
:lol2:

thanks I needed a good laugh tonight
nothing you posted here is remotely close to how it works... especially for a new artist

He's the type of guy who tells his Engineer... "I'm not saying that I would put hands on you.... but then again.... I'm not the only person with hands". :hmm: C'mon bruh. That is NOT the same type of guy who would think: "Lucas is gonna take this gun charge for me... But I'm STILL gonna pay him every nickel, later." :smh: No way. Not happening.

That doesn't match his 'thought process'. :smh: Not at all.

Think about it... If Clark is slick enough to dodge a serious GUN CHARGE... within a few seconds... then he's definitely slick enough to dodge a few FEE PAYMENTS... if he has a several weeks / months / years to do so. :yes:
it doesn't matter if he is slick - Clark's thought process doesn't matter when it comes down to this part of it...

Get another manager / or management company. Problem solved.
"systemic connections" will insure that Lucas gets paid by any new management via recoupment +admin fees charged to Clark - or Clark's career slows down and/ or shit around Clark starts getting unhealthy

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
It was? You have proof of that or you just think the white dude set that up?
You forget how he even met Clark's manager? It wasn't out of thin air at a barbershop.
Was it at the execs offices that Earn setup and was prepared for and the Tiny Desk concert thing that Paper Boi at that point in his mindset wasn't ready to really to go full throttle with everything and expected things to fall into his lap while not putting in any real serious work?

Like now. Paper said he wanted an entertainment Lawyer. Earn took him to a BLACK LAWYER
Paper said nah I want a white Jewish cat. He had his reasons but then we'll be like Earn ain't set it up for Paper to get an entertainment lawyer when in reality he did set it up Paper chose not to go with it and instead went with the idea of what his lawyer is supposed to look like based on what he's heard in rap songs and on TV

While every time we see Clark County it's cause he's been grinding and putting in actual work. Paper said man f that Tiny desk shit I gotta keep it real and Clark County was all on the table dancing

and then they wonder how he landed the commercial and he's headlining a tour and the college thing as well

How you not gonna play the game then say you should have exactly what the other dude who is clearly playing the game has?

Like let's really take a look at it.
Earn actually got him into these rooms and these meeting on DOLO. No connections. NONE in the same meetings with cats who actually finished school and cats who have been doing it for years?

We gonna ignore that this is probably a result of last season when he somehow got Paper into that celebrity game and faked it until he made it in that room full of agents and people building connections and networks...once again DOLO lol

He ain't the best manager in the world and that's a fact.
Also nobody starts off as the best manager in the world
nobody.
that's implied by the interaction al and clark's manager been having since the college show shit went down. they had a subtle convo about him sending al via email info on jewish lawyers. yes earn make moves. but the fact that al point out is he think he's the smartest in the room by being slick and cut corners when he doesn't need to. the meeting with lodi teacher is an example of how he thinks. asking to keep her in that school rather than asking if there's financial aid or a way to get his daughter in to the referred school.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
it doesn't matter if he is slick - Clark's thought process doesn't matter when it comes down to this part of it...

"systemic connections" will insure that Lucas gets paid by any new management via recoupment +admin fees charged to Clark - or Clark's career slows down and/ or shit around Clark starts getting unhealthy
Which one of those white dudes is gonna make shit 'unhealthy' for Clark? Is it Lucas? :lol: That's laughable.
The guy who just got 'strong-armed' into taking an (involuntary) gun charge? :lol: He gonna sick the goons on Clark, huh? Oreally?

If Lucas was 'so connected'... do you think he would have taken that gun charge (for a NEW artist :rolleyes:) in the first place? :rolleyes:
Sure, he's real connected... but dumb enough to admit to taking a gun charge.... for a 'brand new' artist. :rolleyes: Makes total sense.

"Systemic connections"... do not apply to any voided contracts. :smh:
That's the part you seem to ignore. :smh:

If those "systemic connections" are still recouping money, somehow.... then the original contract was never completely voided. :smh: Get it?

Lucas sues Clark. Clark wins in court. And the contract gets completely voided.
Lucas is not getting a single dime if Clark signs with a new management company. Regardless of "systemic connections". :smh:

If Lucas sees a nickel... it means the 'original contract' is still being enforced. And it has not been voided.
Its not that hard to understand.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Which one of those white dudes is gonna make shit 'unhealthy' for Clark? Is it Lucas? :lol: That's laughable.
The guy who just got 'strong-armed' into taking an (involuntary) gun charge? :lol: He gonna sick the goons on Clark? Really?

If Lucas was 'so connected'... do you think he would have taken that gun charge (for a NEW artist :rolleyes:) in the first place? :rolleyes:
Sure, he's real connected... but dumb enough to admit to taking a gun charge.... for a 'brand new' artist. :rolleyes: Makes total sense.

"Systemic connections"... do not apply to any voided contracts. :smh:
That's the part you seem to ignore. :smh:

If those "systemic connections" are still recouping money, somehow.... then the original contract was never completely voided. :smh: Get it?

Lucas sues Clark. Clark wins in court. And the contract gets completely voided.
Lucas is not getting a single dime if Clark signs with a new management company. Regardless of "systemic connections". :smh:

If Lucas sees a nickel... it means the 'original contract' is still being enforced. And it has not been voided.
Its not that hard to understand.
:lol:
ok its whatever you want to imagine

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
I think alot of people MISSED the ending. :yes::yes:
I had to watch the convo on the plane TWICE to actually catch what happened. :yes: And have it sink in.

Earn's confession made me realize that...
He put the gun in Clark's bag.... and Clark turned right around & put the gun in his own Manager's bag. :yes: :roflmao::roflmao2::lol:
And Clark did that shit MAD FAST. :yes: (off camera :yes:)

:roflmao::roflmao2::lol::roflmao::roflmao2::lol:

Because on the plane... Earn told Paper: "The gun was in CLARK's bag" :D
(i.e. Translation = Cuz I put that summabitch in there myself.. so how tf did Clark County himself ever get on this plane?? :dunno: :yes:)

And that was the ONLY thing he said to Paperboy. :yes:

That ole Clark County... He got some SERIOUS GAME. :yes:
He's not stupid. :smh: And he's crazy slick. Plus, he thinks extremely fast on his feet. :yes:
He set up his own Manager to take the fall. :yes: FOR ALL OF THEM. :yes:

That gat was the 'hot potato' on the TSA line. :yes: And Clark made sure he did not hold it LAST. :yes:

Knowing that the lone white guy... would 'be ok' in the long run... compared to the rest of them. :rolleyes:

Interesting. That could be the most logical answer cause of it's simplicity.

But that would mean Clark knows Earn did it or thinks some one in his own camp did it.

He described the gun in detail though.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Interesting. That could be the most logical answer cause of it's simplicity.

But that would mean Clark knows Earn did it or thinks some one in his own camp did it.

He described the gun in detail though.
I think you are right. :yes: Clark knows that it was Earn who did it. :yes:
But he hasn't said anything yet. Next season he probably will tho. :yes:

That's what makes me believe that Earn will probably manage Clark also, next season.
Game Recognize Game. :yes:

Earn is not there yet. But he's got 'good intentions'. And he's getting better, as a manager. Little by little.

The line that Clark said was very subtle... "It (the gat) was all gold. And it was clean. Wish it was mine".

Now Earn been trying to 'get rid of that gat' somehow. :dunno: For a minute.

And Earn strikes me as the type of dude who would've just GIVEN that gun to Clark... (no questions asked)... if he knew that he wanted it awhile back. :yes: Just my opinion.

Also his cousin said: "You the only one who knows what I'm about.... And you give a fuck"

Earn knows what his cousin is about. (ie - The whole lifestyle he leads.)
Earn TRIED to give the gun to his cousin... but his cousin didn't want it. :smh: Neither did any of his buddies.

But Clark was the only person... (in their circle)... who had shown ANY interest in the gun, at all.

Why wouldn't he give Clark a gun.... that nobody else wanted? :dunno: Just saying.
Especially if he wasn't gonna keep it for himself. Or sell it. Or toss it in a lake. :dunno:

He could've chucked that gun into the closest bushes at any time. Or buried it anywhere.
Or tossed it down the closest sewer drain.... And kept it moving. But he didn't.

Oh yeah, he would've gave it to Clark. :yes: Definitely.
Especially if he knew him a little better (or for a little longer.)

Last edited:

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And for all the things a manager does he can't make the artist do the things he don't want to do. period.
Last year paper didn't wanna do the basketball game but Earn begged him to go How many times have we heard Earn plead with paper and say this will be good for you? Like a ton right?
Cat had a meeting with the head honcho at a streaming service unsigned. Same place Clark County was.
You talking about a hot song I'm talking about a career.
One paper didn't take seriously until his ordeal in the woods.
I bet that College thing that Earn made him go to that he hated is what ended up getting him on this damn European tour too

Um, have they forgot how Paper Boi song even became hot?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
that's implied by the interaction al and clark's manager been having since the college show shit went down. they had a subtle convo about him sending al via email info on jewish lawyers. yes earn make moves. but the fact that al point out is he think he's the smartest in the room by being slick and cut corners when he doesn't need to. the meeting with lodi teacher is an example of how he thinks. asking to keep her in that school rather than asking if there's financial aid or a way to get his daughter in to the referred school.

Project more lol

How'd he even get to the college show?
He asked for a white lawyer not cause earn aint find him a good one but because a white dude know white dudes
Now which angle is fucked up really?
Black cat finding you a good black lawyer
Or black cat saying nah then reaching out to a white cat to find a white one?

And being the only income he had to figure out a way to pay for the school

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A hot song doesn't get you into the things that earn has been getting him into consistently

The only reason paper was trapping is because he was working harder at that than his career
Facts.

I'm agreeing with you. I was mentioning the "hot" song and the struggle Earn went through to get the song on the radio.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
The funniest shit about this is how realistic it shows the music industry. I’ve been to labels full of those young stupid ass hipster crackas who have the final say on what they consider dope or not. They should have made paperboy more crazy because usually when them cacs say they not feeling an artist a nigga will tear up shit. Stay independent

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
I think alot of people MISSED the ending. :yes::yes:
I had to watch the convo on the plane TWICE to actually catch what happened. :yes: And have it sink in.

Earn's confession made me realize that...
He put the gun in Clark's bag.... and Clark turned right around & put the gun in his own Manager's bag. :yes: :roflmao::roflmao2::lol:
And Clark did that shit MAD FAST. :yes: (off camera :yes:)

:roflmao::roflmao2::lol::roflmao::roflmao2::lol:

Because on the plane... Earn told Paper: "The gun was in CLARK's bag" :D
(i.e. Translation = Cuz I put that summabitch in there myself.. so how tf did Clark County himself ever get on this plane?? :dunno: :yes:)

And that was the ONLY thing he said to Paperboy. :yes:

That ole Clark County... He got some SERIOUS GAME. :yes:
He's not stupid. :smh: And he's crazy slick. Plus, he thinks extremely fast on his feet. :yes:
He set up his own Manager to take the fall. :yes: FOR ALL OF THEM. :yes:

That gat was the 'hot potato' on the TSA line. :yes: And Clark made sure he did not hold it LAST. :yes:

Knowing that the lone white guy... would 'be ok' in the long run... compared to the rest of them. :rolleyes:

You might be giving Clark too much credit.

What's to say that when the TSA lady asked who's gun it was, the manager just spoke up because he didn't want his cash cow going to jail?

If Lucas goes to jail, he still gets his 10%. If Clark goes to jail, ain't no money being made, and he might lose his Yoo Hoo endorsement. If Lucas gets a gun charge, nobody cares.

I just didn't see enough to buy into the "strongarm" theory. It didn't even seem like there was time for them to have a brief conversation about who's about to take this gun. It was either going to be him or Clark because the gun was found by TSA right in front of them.

Clark was smart enough not to claim a gun that he didn't bring although he wanted it, that's all I can give him credit for.

But because Lucas probably didn't have time to tell Clark that it wasn't his gun neither, and that he's only taking the gun charge so he can still make the tour, Clark might assume that Lucas tried to set him up and fire him.

If anything, that was a testament to Earn's quick thinking because Lucas was going to take an L either way. He could lose money by not taking the charge, or he could take the charge but lose a client and a potential client in Paper Boi.

But the risk for Earn was the 3rd option of Lucas standing pat on that not being neither his gun or Clark's gun, and being like "look at the security tape" and that's probably another reason why Earn was on the plane looking sick. If Earn would've took that one last L, he would've been done.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You might be giving Clark too much credit.

What's to say that when the TSA lady asked who's gun it was, the manager just spoke up because he didn't want his cash cow going to jail?

If Lucas goes to jail, he still gets his 10%. If Clark goes to jail, ain't no money being made, and he might lose his Yoo Hoo endorsement. If Lucas gets a gun charge, nobody cares.

I just didn't see enough to buy into the "strongarm" theory. It didn't even seem like there was time for them to have a brief conversation about who's about to take this gun. It was either going to be him or Clark because the gun was found by TSA right in front of them.

Clark was smart enough not to claim a gun that he didn't bring although he wanted it, that's all I can give him credit for.

But because Lucas probably didn't have time to tell Clark that it wasn't his gun neither, and that he's only taking the gun charge so he can still make the tour, Clark might assume that Lucas tried to set him up and fire him.

If anything, that was a testament to Earn's quick thinking because Lucas was going to take an L either way. He could lose money by not taking the charge, or he could take the charge but lose a client and a potential client in Paper Boi.

But the risk for Earn was the 3rd option of Lucas standing pat on that not being neither his gun or Clark's gun, and being like "look at the security tape" and that's probably another reason why Earn was on the plane looking sick. If Earn would've took that one last L, he would've been done.
Watch the airport scene again, when Earn gets past security.
While Earn is putting his laptop into his backpack... you will notice that the manager (Lucas) has gotten past the metal detectors before Clark does.

Earn had put the gun into Clark's bag.... and Clark did the same thing.... and put the gun into Lucas' bag. :yes:
  • Did Lucas get 'strong-armed' in the literal sense? No.
  • Did Lucas volunteer to take the gun charge? Not at all.
  • Did he get fooled / punked into taking the gun charge? Absolutely.
When's the last time a white person volunteered to take a criminal charge for a rapper... for a measley 10% payday... that they can get anywhere else WITHOUT being put on the 'terrorist watch list' & taking a criminal charge to get it? :rolleyes:

Makes no sense. :smh: White folks do not volunteer to do shit like that.

Personally, I don't know ANY white guys who would just VOLUNTEER to take a gun charge... at the airport. :dunno:

Shheeeit.... Jerry Heller would never (willingly) take a gun charge.. at the airport... for Eazy-E. :smh:
And Eazy was making MULTIPLE MILLIONS of dollars with Heller.... He wasn't some 'one-hit-wonder' level artist, like Clark County is.

Clark is not an 'employee' of the management company. Lucas IS.

So No. Lucas ain't getting that 10%. :smh: You gotta show up to get 10%.

The Tour Promoter will pay Clark County himself.
Then Clark will pay the Management Company..... if he feels like it. (keyword: if)

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Episode reminds me of a time we were late for a flight on tour and I had the gat on me. Was about to throw a glock 20 in the trash cause we couldn’t check the bags in on time. Luckily they wouldn’t let us on and I was able to check it under the plane. I miss those days, you could bring your own drink and I flew all over the country with an undeclared loaded gat with black talons.

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Episode reminds me of a time we were late for a flight on tour and I had the gat on me. Was about to throw a glock 20 in the trash cause we couldn’t check the bags in on time. Luckily they wouldn’t let us on and I was able to check it under the plane. I miss those days, you could bring your own drink and I flew all over the country with an undeclared loaded gat with black talons.

You were in a group fam?

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. Alligator Man
1f40a.png

2. Sportin' Waves
1f30a.png

3. Money Bag Shawty
1f4b0.png

4. Helen
1f3ad.png