TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
That is the thing he is low biding his daughter. Didn't you hear Van say if you came around more? Didn't you see how clueless he was when the Teacher was talking about his child? Yeah him having money is nice and all but damn spend time with your fucking child. Thats the worst then when a Father don't spend time with his kid. Folks so worried about what he doing for Paper Boy when his real responsibility of being a father isn't being met. Earn aint giving shit to Van because she thinking about moving back with her mother to make it. When was the last time we even seen Earn with the kid? Shoot on Power Ghost be gone fucking Angela and we at least see the 3rd kid.

Like this is the 1st time we saw van with her kid this season too lol
And he had Lotti by himself around all day so yea maybe he isn't there everyday and also his job now is one where he can't be there everyday

Let's not act like he wasn't there so much he damn near lived with them when he had that dead end airport job we not gonna do that

He had a ton of time to be there and he was those are the facts.

Now his gig is unpredictable in schedule and doesn't have normal operating hours and also takes him to Europe for 2 months

Stop projecting insecurities out there.

Her moving back with her mom is cause SHE AINT GOT NO JOB STILL.

I don't see you complaining about her trying to party with Drake but unemployed - and you shouldn't it don't matter
At the same time don't try and diminish earn

He's trying to find a way to pay for the tuition cause he is the only income at this point

He ain't even being a baby boy and using van car cause he can he's lyfting out here still getting everything done he needs to not unlike any other parent who's been forced to do what they gotta do to make it

He's not more special because he's doing that too

He's just a parent. One that has a fucking dope relationship with his kid

Kid ain't act up once with Daddy
Not once
Now if she ain't really know him that well or spend any time with him would he know how to handle her so seamlessly?

Exactly

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like this is the 1st time we saw van with her kid this season too lol
And he had Lotti by himself around all day so yea maybe he isn't there everyday and also his job now is one where he can't be there everyday

Let's not act like he wasn't there so much he damn near lived with them when he had that dead end airport job we not gonna do that

He had a ton of time to be there and he was those are the facts.

Now his gig is unpredictable in schedule and doesn't have normal operating hours and also takes him to Europe for 2 months

Stop projecting insecurities out there.

Her moving back with her mom is cause SHE AINT GOT NO JOB STILL.

I don't see you complaining about her trying to party with Drake but unemployed - and you shouldn't it don't matter
At the same time don't try and diminish earn

He's trying to find a way to pay for the tuition cause he is the only income at this point

He ain't even being a baby boy and using van car cause he can he's lyfting out here still getting everything done he needs to not unlike any other parent who's been forced to do what they gotta do to make it

He's not more special because he's doing that too

He's just a parent. One that has a fucking dope relationship with his kid

Kid ain't act up once with Daddy
Not once

Now if she ain't really know him that well or spend any time with him would he know how to handle her so seamlessly?

Exactly

thoughtful kids even at a young understand its more helpful to be quiet or not make problems when their parents are doing something.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
thoughtful kids even at a young understand its more helpful to be quiet or not make problems when their parents are doing something.

Thoughtful has nothing to do with it
Kids who don't get to see the other parent enough or doesn't have a strong relationship do things.
They seek attention. They want attention from the other parent as much as possible because they're not sure that they'll see the parent again. They can't count on them being there at a predetermined time for a predetermined amount of time. so they act out to keep all attention on them if the parent isn't focused on them 100%

so in this scenario if earn was a part time or absentee or anything of the sort when they were in the meeting and he's talking to the lawyer she would have kept asking him stuff and also kept making noise to make sure that he focused on her. if he ignored her elevated it to screaming and whatnot

when she was there with the movers she would've made sure to do something to get noticed. that's how kids are when they're around someone they desperately want attention from and then don't get it.

Lottie wasn't bothered at all. Lottie has been with Earn. Daddy is just doing stuff he's not going anywhere I'm going to see him again. I'm just chilling with daddy today, which based on my life experience is something that's happened plenty of times before and will def happen again it's no big deal to be with daddy, I'm with him all the time.

And she's gifted so she's smart enough to know and pick up on whether her father will keep coming around or isn't really all that involved or caring for her and her life.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's what ppl say when they feel left out and they are supposed to be smart
Art is subjective there's no such thing as taking things that are open to interpretation too deep

The only limits are your own

That's what makes a good show
Works superficially and also infinitely with layers

There's no right or wrong

So respectfully forget good authority just say you get it you don't you like it or you dont that's way fine

Bomani is masking his envy

or just talking out of his ass
reminds me of when mid debate a debater starts explaining how intelligent they are

nah...

My man Bo been HATING on this season he only LOVED the barbershop one...

which surprised me it was dope but it was the most "sit-comy" easily accessible episode of the season.

I was surprised he was so turned off my the more "challenging" episodes...

I hope he is being sincere...

I will post the podcast with a time stamp when I got time.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My man Bo been HATING on this season he only LOVED the barbershop one...

which surprised me it was dope but it was the most "sit-comy" easily accessible episode of the season.

I was surprised he was so turned off my the more "challenging" episodes...

I hope he is being sincere...

I will post the podcast with a time stamp when I got time.
I listen to Bomani all of the time, and I remember what he said; he also noted that he wish were that creative as Donald Glover. Also, he noted in another podcast about Kanye, it sounded like he envied the writing talents of Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Bomani is complicated, of course he's going to compare himself to other talented Black males in his generation, it does, though, sound like low-key hating sometimes.....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I listen to Bomani all of the time, and I remember what he said; he also noted that he wish were that creative as Donald Glover. Also, he noted in another podcast about Kanye, it sounded like he envied the writing talents of Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Bomani is complicated, of course he's going to compare himself to other talented Black males in his generation, it does, though, sound like low-key hating sometimes.....

yeah that's the thing...

I didn't take as HATE

He is VERY self aware and vulnerable when it comes to stuff like that.

after reading @ViCiouS and @largebillsonlyplease comments

I see their points

It is kinda wack to dismiss something as deep and just say "well I don't see it" and then DOUBLE DOWN and say well I spoke to such and such and the TOLD me DG and them didnt mean for it to be so deep

Its art...

many time you do something and goes in a COMPLETELY different direction then you originally intended.

But he was adamant on some episodes being WACK

which is his right and fair...

but those episodes were HONEST to the entire aesthetic of the show

IF you were REALLY a fan of the show and Donald Glover from day one.

Cause Darius is NOT your typical sit com sidekick...

NONE of them are.

I wonder if he would have said the same for Louie's show?

(to be fair Bo is NOT a big TV or movie watcher.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
like what the Jewish dude said to earn been saying that here.
thats why we need to stick together. every time you see a dumbass cac in position is because of connections and network.

also the kid crying playing game:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
yeah that's the thing...

I didn't take as HATE

I see their points

It is kinda wack to dismiss something as deep and just say "well I don't see it" and then DOUBLE DOWN and say well I spoke to such and such and the TOLD me DG and them didnt mean for it to be so deep

Its art...

many time you do something and goes in a COMPLETELY different direction then you originally intended.

NONE of them are.

he probably isn't an avid reader either...

Atlanta isn't a sitcom - not even close to one, but
some people only understand sitcoms... and are lost when exposed to satire or dark comedies

listen to Glover's first answer here about This is America

my guess is this would fly miles over Bo's head too

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@largebillsonlyplease

Are you surprised who devise this season was? People I consider really smart were REALLY frustrated with this season

Bomani Jones went as far to say that he has it on GOOD AUTHORITY that we , the audience is making stuff in the show WAY MORE DEEP than it is intended

Especially the white face episode...

and by relation the This is America video.

honestly I wholeheartedly disagree.
I agree with Bomani. That's why no one from the show ever clarifies what episodes are about. They leave it up to the viewer. I don't think that Teddy Perkins episode was nearly as deep as people wanted it to be but it was a beautiful episode to watch.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree with Bomani. That's why no one from the show ever clarifies what episodes are about. They leave it up to the viewer. I don't think that Teddy Perkins episode was nearly as deep as people wanted it to be but it was a beautiful episode to watch.

I think that happens., but that to me is a CREDIT to the creators...

I don;t think Bo would have said that about a Prince song.

GREAT art lends itself to that it is SUPPOSED to make you think and debate .

To just dismiss it and say well they did not INTENTIONALLY do that misses the point entirely

the art is...

creating a work that ALLOWS the audience to DO JUST that.

@8:00

ESPECIALLY @ 6:12 :lol::lol::lol:

see good art? Creates UPON itself...

Last edited:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah that's the thing...

I didn't take as HATE

I see their points

Its art...

NONE of them are.

Why I say it's low-key hate, because he's looking at Donald's work as comparison with himself professionally rather than just in-taking the artwork itself and allowing it to stand on its own.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think that happens., but that to me is a CREDIT to the creators...

I don;t think Bo would have said that about a Prince song.

GREAT art lends itself to that it is SUPPOSED to make you think and debate .

To just dismiss it and say well they did not INTENTIONALLY do that misses the point entirely

the art is...

creating a work that ALLOWS the audience to DO JUST that.
I agree with that.

But I think you can do that with any show. Like I can go back and watch a episode of Barney and make that shit sound deep. I don't know I get both sides of it. I get what Bomani is saying because I've caught viewers doing that in the past. Even with his new video...people still think that's Trayvon Martin dad and there's a bunch of tweets describing why he put him in the video lol.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why I say it's low-key hate, because he's looking at Donald's work as comparison with himself professionally rather than just in-taking the artwork itself and allowing it to stand on its own.
Oh damn you think so? Because yeah if he's doing that then it's hate. Envy even.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

agreed..

there is some envy there, but healthy more admiration

Cause Bo always says Coates is who he always DREAMED of writing like.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
agreed..

there is some envy there, but healthy more admiration

Cause Bo always says Coates is who he always DREAMED of writing like.

Oh damn you think so? Because yeah if he's doing that then it's hate. Envy even.

Yeah, envy is a mofo, the grandfather of bitterness. Yeah, I initially thought that Bomani would love Atlanta, it's intellectual and very Black.......hmmmm guess I was wrong. I didn't factor in the other personal shat.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
That is just another Earn promise. Niggas make promises all day especially for their kids and don't follow through. We have seen Earn for 2 years and dude can't even provide a place for his kid to lay her head. Now I'm supposed to think he gone pay some tuition for a what 4 year old that he don't even think needs it? If Earn wouldn't finish Princeton what makes you think he gone pay some daycare tuition? Ya'll forget he was living in a freaking storage shed! Paper Boy let a felon "Tracy" crash at his pad but ain't offer Earn his manger to stay there. The 2 shows or events we saw Earn get for Paper Boy the strip club and the college event were both disasters. Paper Boy had to beat the promoter up himself to get his money and he got nothing from the college event but drama.
well, earn keeps paperboi doing shows yet we as the audience don't see it. when van was arguing with earn , she mentioned how she don't like "going out " to al shows every week. he keep him doing shows but earn is defintely wasted potential.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
That’s what the fuck I’m talking about Earn!

He was on his A game this episode. But it’s crazy that Clark County’s manager was willing to get dirty too.

The ending with Tracy (aka Bruhman) was funny AF.
no , clark county was willing to have his manager go to jail while he get his paper on tour. clark is low key a hood nigga and a strategist. the situation in the studio with the engineer ,clark was like " i ain't gonna whoop yo ass. if the computer mess up one more time, man i' m going to be mad as hell. I'M Not gonna whip yo ass." knowing his homies going to handle it.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
Two things about the gun TSA scene:

Katt Williams' character gave Earn the gun. Katt got busted in LAX with a gun in 2006. He also had his house raided by the police where they found a gang of weed and firearms in 2016. Katt basically played himself.

When Earn got the gun, everybody who saw it laughed at it and didn't want it. Clark County was the only one who thought it looked nice and wanted it, which is a testament to how fake he is. Nothing probably even happened to that engineer.
man clark is the dude playing the dude disguised as the dude playing the dude. who knows his true intentions. he plays like a cornball cause that's where the paper is at for him. around paperboi he plays like he's cool with that hood shit but he don't drink or smoke or get into physical situations. he's playing all angles like little finger. he's dangerous tho.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
that was off the strength of clark's manager.

It was? You have proof of that or you just think the white dude set that up?
You forget how he even met Clark's manager? It wasn't out of thin air at a barbershop.
Was it at the execs offices that Earn setup and was prepared for and the Tiny Desk concert thing that Paper Boi at that point in his mindset wasn't ready to really to go full throttle with everything and expected things to fall into his lap while not putting in any real serious work?

Like now. Paper said he wanted an entertainment Lawyer. Earn took him to a BLACK LAWYER
Paper said nah I want a white Jewish cat. He had his reasons but then we'll be like Earn ain't set it up for Paper to get an entertainment lawyer when in reality he did set it up Paper chose not to go with it and instead went with the idea of what his lawyer is supposed to look like based on what he's heard in rap songs and on TV

While every time we see Clark County it's cause he's been grinding and putting in actual work. Paper said man f that Tiny desk shit I gotta keep it real and Clark County was all on the table dancing

and then they wonder how he landed the commercial and he's headlining a tour and the college thing as well

How you not gonna play the game then say you should have exactly what the other dude who is clearly playing the game has?

Like let's really take a look at it.
Earn actually got him into these rooms and these meeting on DOLO. No connections. NONE in the same meetings with cats who actually finished school and cats who have been doing it for years?

We gonna ignore that this is probably a result of last season when he somehow got Paper into that celebrity game and faked it until he made it in that room full of agents and people building connections and networks...once again DOLO lol

He ain't the best manager in the world and that's a fact.
Also nobody starts off as the best manager in the world
nobody.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was? You have proof of that or you just think the white dude set that up?
You forget how he even met Clark's manager? It wasn't out of thin air at a barbershop.
Was it at the execs offices that Earn setup and was prepared for and the Tiny Desk concert thing that Paper Boi at that point in his mindset wasn't ready to really to go full throttle with everything and expected things to fall into his lap while not putting in any real serious work?

Like now. Paper said he wanted an entertainment Lawyer. Earn took him to a BLACK LAWYER
Paper said nah I want a white Jewish cat. He had his reasons but then we'll be like Earn ain't set it up for Paper to get an entertainment lawyer when in reality he did set it up Paper chose not to go with it and instead went with the idea of what his lawyer is supposed to look like based on what he's heard in rap songs and on TV

While every time we see Clark County it's cause he's been grinding and putting in actual work. Paper said man f that Tiny desk shit I gotta keep it real and Clark County was all on the table dancing

and then they wonder how he landed the commercial and he's headlining a tour and the college thing as well

How you not gonna play the game then say you should have exactly what the other dude who is clearly playing the game has?

Like let's really take a look at it.
Earn actually got him into these rooms and these meeting on DOLO. No connections. NONE in the same meetings with cats who actually finished school and cats who have been doing it for years?

We gonna ignore that this is probably a result of last season when he somehow got Paper into that celebrity game and faked it until he made it in that room full of agents and people building connections and networks...once again DOLO lol

He ain't the best manager in the world and that's a fact.
Also nobody starts off as the best manager in the world
nobody.

At the end of the day Paper Boy's song is hot on the radio and that is what is actually getting him access. The game wants a piece of Paper Boy.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That is just another Earn promise. Niggas make promises all day especially for their kids and don't follow through. We have seen Earn for 2 years and dude can't even provide a place for his kid to lay her head. Now I'm supposed to think he gone pay some tuition for a what 4 year old that he don't even think needs it? If Earn wouldn't finish Princeton what makes you think he gone pay some daycare tuition? Ya'll forget he was living in a freaking storage shed! Paper Boy let a felon "Tracy" crash at his pad but ain't offer Earn his manger to stay there. The 2 shows or events we saw Earn get for Paper Boy the strip club and the college event were both disasters. Paper Boy had to beat the promoter up himself to get his money and he got nothing from the college event but drama.
Earn has never actually TOLD anyone he was living in a storage shed. :smh: (Because every episode.. I been waiting for him to say something... to somebody... anybody :dunno: while wondering what specific event / situation was gonna make him reach his 'breaking point' and just confess. :dunno:)

Earn was just about to ask his cousin Al if he could stay with him... but once he found out that Tracy was ALREADY there... he never said a single word about being homeless. Earn never told his baby momma Van, either.

They haven't actually known this whole season. :smh: In fact, the only person who KNEW about his living situation... is the guy who worked at the storage spot, who caught Earn sleeping inside & told him 'he gotta bounce'. :rolleyes: That's it.

Van thinks he got his own place... Or he's just renting a room... somewhere. :dunno: And so does Al.

I highly doubt that Al or Van would NOT offer him a roof over his head, if they had known about his living situation.

Paper would kick his homie Tracy out (with the quickness)... to let his own cousin stay there instead. In a heartbeat.
He wouldn't leave Earn out in them streets, with nowhere to go. At all. :smh: He's not THAT cold-hearted.

Plus Van wants Earn to finally 'move in'... and stay with HER.
She doesn't want to be all alone... raising their kid by herself. :smh:

She's been waiting on Earn to 'step up' this whole season. :yes:

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
If paper boy song wasn't hot Earn wouldn't get him in no where. For all the connections or hustling of a manger the artist got to have product for folks to want.

And for all the things a manager does he can't make the artist do the things he don't want to do. period.
Last year paper didn't wanna do the basketball game but Earn begged him to go How many times have we heard Earn plead with paper and say this will be good for you? Like a ton right?
Cat had a meeting with the head honcho at a streaming service unsigned. Same place Clark County was.
You talking about a hot song I'm talking about a career.
One paper didn't take seriously until his ordeal in the woods.
I bet that College thing that Earn made him go to that he hated is what ended up getting him on this damn European tour too

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Earn has never actually TOLD anyone he was living in a storage shed. :smh: (Because every episode.. I been waiting for him to say something... to somebody... anybody :dunno: while wondering what specific event / situation was gonna make him reach his 'breaking point' and just confess. :dunno:)

Earn was just about to ask his cousin Al if he could stay with him... but once he found out that Tracy was ALREADY there... he never said a single word about being homeless. Earn never told his baby momma Van, either.

They haven't actually known this whole season. :smh: In fact, the only person who KNEW about his living situation... is the guy who worked at the storage spot, who caught Earn sleeping inside & told him 'he gotta bounce'. :rolleyes: That's it.

Van thinks he got his own place... Or he's just renting a room... somewhere. :dunno: And so does Al.

I highly doubt that Al or Van would NOT offer him a roof over his head, if they had known about his living situation.

Paper would kick his homie Tracy out (with the quickness)... to let his own cousin stay there instead. In a heartbeat.
He wouldn't leave Earn out in them streets, with nowhere to go. At all. :smh: He's not THAT cold-hearted.

Plus Van wants Earn to finally 'move in'... and stay with HER.
She doesn't want to be all alone... raising their kid by herself. :smh:

She's been waiting on Earn to 'step up' this whole season. :yes:

And even in his time of need right or wrong Earn doesn't want a hand out.
Even in the finale when Darius suggested that Al would still pay him cause he family he looked at Darius and said "I don't want a fucking handout" or something like that.
He's been taking this shit seriously the entire time to prove to himself and everyone that he can do it.
He ain't the best manager he ain't perfect he ain't got the ready made connections but as Paper boi said to end the season
He knows what Paper is about and he actually gives a fuck. like actually. Of course it means a lot to him financially but Earn actually is trying to help Paper Boi be the best version of an artist he can be.
and by putting that gun in the other dude bag as to not get paper "jammed up" illustrated it in a way that Paper finally understood.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Earn getting grimy.
Wonder if Clark County’s manager took the fall or was “volunteered”.
I think alot of people MISSED the ending. :yes::yes:
I had to watch the convo on the plane TWICE to actually catch what happened. :yes: And have it sink in.

Earn's confession made me realize that...
He put the gun in Clark's bag.... and Clark turned right around & put the gun in his own Manager's bag. :yes: :roflmao::roflmao2::lol:
And Clark did that shit MAD FAST. :yes: (off camera :yes:)

:roflmao::roflmao2::lol::roflmao::roflmao2::lol:

Because on the plane... Earn told Paper: "The gun was in CLARK's bag" :D
(i.e. Translation = Cuz I put that summabitch in there myself.. so how tf did Clark County himself ever get on this plane?? :dunno: :yes:)

And that was the ONLY thing he said to Paperboy. :yes:

That ole Clark County... He got some SERIOUS GAME. :yes:
He's not stupid. :smh: And he's crazy slick. Plus, he thinks extremely fast on his feet. :yes:
He set up his own Manager to take the fall. :yes: FOR ALL OF THEM. :yes:

That gat was the 'hot potato' on the TSA line. :yes: And Clark made sure he did not hold it LAST. :yes:

Knowing that the lone white guy... would 'be ok' in the long run... compared to the rest of them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Getting the white manager to 'take the heat' for the gat... kills several birds with one stone. :yes:

Now Clark County won't have to pay him for the Tour Overseas. :smh:
And will probably fire him when he gets back... for jeopardizing his whole career. :rolleyes:

Which opens up a whole SEASON WORTH of storylines...

Because I have a feeling.... that Earn is gonna become Clark County's Manager also, next season. :yes:
That way... it opens up the possibility that Paperboy & Clark County can form a duo. :yes: Like OUTKAST. :yes:

Let that sink in.

Just saying.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And even in his time of need right or wrong Earn doesn't want a hand out.
Even in the finale when Darius suggested that Al would still pay him cause he family he looked at Darius and said "I don't want a fucking handout" or something like that.
He's been taking this shit seriously the entire time to prove to himself and everyone that he can do it.
He ain't the best manager he ain't perfect he ain't got the ready made connections but as Paper boi said to end the season
He knows what Paper is about and he actually gives a fuck. like actually. Of course it means a lot to him financially but Earn actually is trying to help Paper Boi be the best version of an artist he can be.
and by putting that gun in the other dude bag as to not get paper "jammed up" illustrated it in a way that Paper finally understood.

I think that was the whole point of the Jewish passport renewal convo...