TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
That’s what the fuck I’m talking about Earn!

He was on his A game this episode. But it’s crazy that Clark County’s manager was willing to get dirty too.

The ending with Tracy (aka Bruhman) was funny AF.

They left that nigga Tracy :lol:

Great episode. Glad earn and al talked on ty plane. I was happy as hell Earn pulled the switch move at the airport.

Tracy got robbed of his residence!

I kept wondering where Tracey was..lmaoo

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Earn getting grimy.

I never thought that PB wanted to fire Earn. He knows Earn has good intentions.

Darius still on the philosophy tip.

Clark County is probably the most undercover shady dude ever. There is nothing visibly threatening about him but he the type that would have goons break in your grandmas house to beat and rob her.

Wonder if Clark County’s manager took the fall or was “volunteered”.

Damn it sucks to find out your child is gifted, only to later find out you don’t have the resources to help her.

Van is not stop-dead-in-your-tracks gorgeous but, damn, she is beautiful.

Tracy is left out but still trying to get in when nothing is there.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Earn getting grimy.

I never thought that PB wanted to fire Earn. He knows Earn has good intentions.

Darius still on the philosophy tip.

Clark County is probably the most undercover shady dude ever. There is nothing visibly threatening about him but he the type that would have goons break in your grandmas house to beat and rob her.

Wonder if Clark County’s manager took the fall or was “volunteered”.

Damn it sucks to find out your child is gifted, only to later find out you don’t have the resources to help her.

Van is not stop-dead-in-your-tracks gorgeous but, damn, she is beautiful.

Tracy is left out but still trying to get in when nothing is there.

Hopefully the tour pays tuition

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Two things about the gun TSA scene:

Katt Williams' character gave Earn the gun. Katt got busted in LAX with a gun in 2006. He also had his house raided by the police where they found a gang of weed and firearms in 2016. Katt basically played himself.

When Earn got the gun, everybody who saw it laughed at it and didn't want it. Clark County was the only one who thought it looked nice and wanted it, which is a testament to how fake he is. Nothing probably even happened to that engineer.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Two things about the gun TSA scene:

Katt Williams' character gave Earn the gun. Katt got busted in LAX with a gun in 2006. He also had his house raided by the police where they found a gang of weed and firearms in 2016. Katt basically played himself.

When Earn got the gun, everybody who saw it laughed at it and didn't want it. Clark County was the only one who thought it looked nice and wanted it, which is a testament to how fake he is. Nothing probably even happened to that engineer.
ime - its the cowards pretenders and wannabes that do too much because they feel a need to prove something
to create or keep an illusion going

IMO In Clarks case - he would definitely have let his goons do what he himself doesn't have heart or will to do

Also in preparing for that scene Donald Glover told the actor playing Clark that he actually witnessed the scene play out in real life.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ern’s little girl Lottie got robbed of her educational potential!

That scene right there is why I tried to tell my boy Earn is a fucking loser. Flunked out of school, can’t do shit right as a manager ,and the worst of all he isn’t doing shit right for his child. How someone gone tell you your child is bright and you like she can stay here. Dude doesn’t even realize how academically gifted he is and that the ability is passed on to his kid. Like nigga why else you think Van attracted to you? Earn is wasted potential. Dude can’t even stay at his Moma house. Niggas do 20 years for murder and can stay at they Moma house.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That scene right there is why I tried to tell my boy Earn is a fucking loser. Flunked out of school, can’t do shit right as a manager ,and the worst of all he isn’t doing shit right for his child. How someone gone tell you your child is bright and you like she can stay here. Dude doesn’t even realize how academically gifted he is and that the ability is passed on to his kid. Like nigga why else you think Van attracted to you? Earn is wasted potential. Dude can’t even stay at his Moma house. Niggas do 20 years for murder and can stay at they Moma house.
Earn said that the money from the tour would cover the tuition at the new school.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@largebillsonlyplease

Are you surprised who devise this season was? People I consider really smart were REALLY frustrated with this season

Bomani Jones went as far to say that he has it on GOOD AUTHORITY that we , the audience is making stuff in the show WAY MORE DEEP than it is intended

Especially the white face episode...

and by relation the This is America video.

honestly I wholeheartedly disagree.

3mpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@largebillsonlyplease

Are you surprised who devise this season was? People I consider really smart were REALLY frustrated with this season

Bomani Jones went as far to say that he has it on GOOD AUTHORITY that we , the audience is making stuff in the show WAY MORE DEEP than it is intended

Bo said all that?! Damn

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
@largebillsonlyplease

That's what ppl say when they feel left out and they are supposed to be smart
Art is subjective there's no such thing as taking things that are open to interpretation too deep

The only limits are your own

That's what makes a good show
Works superficially and also infinitely with layers

There's no right or wrong

So respectfully forget good authority just say you get it you don't you like it or you dont that's way fine

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
@largebillsonlyplease

Bomani is masking his envy

or just talking out of his ass
reminds me of when mid debate a debater starts explaining how intelligent they are

and he actually really respects Glover's hustle too.
nah...

Last edited:

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Earn said that the money from the tour would cover the tuition at the new school.

That is just another Earn promise. Niggas make promises all day especially for their kids and don't follow through. We have seen Earn for 2 years and dude can't even provide a place for his kid to lay her head. Now I'm supposed to think he gone pay some tuition for a what 4 year old that he don't even think needs it? If Earn wouldn't finish Princeton what makes you think he gone pay some daycare tuition? Ya'll forget he was living in a freaking storage shed! Paper Boy let a felon "Tracy" crash at his pad but ain't offer Earn his manger to stay there. The 2 shows or events we saw Earn get for Paper Boy the strip club and the college event were both disasters. Paper Boy had to beat the promoter up himself to get his money and he got nothing from the college event but drama.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That is just another Earn promise. Niggas make promises all day especially for their kids and don't follow through. We have seen Earn for 2 years and dude can't even provide a place for his kid to lay her head. Now I'm supposed to think he gone pay some tuition for a what 4 year old that he don't even think needs it? If Earn wouldn't finish Princeton what makes you think he gone pay some daycare tuition? Ya'll forget he was living in a freaking storage shed! Paper Boy let a felon "Tracy" crash at his pad but ain't offer Earn his manger to stay there. The 2 shows or events we saw Earn get for Paper Boy the strip club and the college event were both disasters. Paper Boy had to beat the promoter up himself to get his money and he got nothing from the college event but drama.

lets not act like earn hasn't done anything ever for anyone.. He did make some moves and get PB paid a few times. He was living in a storage unit BUT he was giving money to his girl..she even offered for him to live there and he turned it down because he want her to think he could make it on his own. Same thing with PB how you gonna be his manager but living in his house.

As far the cost of the school...hey man we see that earn really doesn't have money like that..itd be one thing if he was blowing whatever he got on coke and bitches then tried to low bid his daughter. But thats not the case. Short of committing a crime he aint got the money but earn is trying to make it the right legal way. Thats just real life. COLA in america is expensive..

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lets not act like earn hasn't done anything ever for anyone.. He did make some moves and get PB paid a few times. He was living in a storage unit BUT he was giving money to his girl..she even offered for him to live there and he turned it down because he want her to think he could make it on his own. Same thing with PB how you gonna be his manager but living in his house.

As far the cost of the school...hey man we see that earn really doesn't have money like that..itd be one thing if he was blowing whatever he got on coke and bitches then tried to low bid his daughter. But thats not the case. Short of committing a crime he aint got the money but earn is trying to make it the right legal way. Thats just real life. COLA in america is expensive..

agreed

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That is the thing he is low biding his daughter. Didn't you hear Van say if you came around more? Didn't you see how clueless he was when the Teacher was talking about his child? Yeah him having money is nice and all but damn spend time with your fucking child. Thats the worst then when a Father don't spend time with his kid. Folks so worried about what he doing for Paper Boy when his real responsibility of being a father isn't being met. Earn aint giving shit to Van because she thinking about moving back with her mother to make it. When was the last time we even seen Earn with the kid? Shoot on Power Ghost be gone fucking Angela and we at least see the 3rd kid.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lmao word. Damn didn’t think paper boi would see that Tracy was a loose canon

Paper is smart man
He knows when to take a Tracy and when not to

Some janky ass college thing yes.
A real tour? Hell no
All he talks about is not getting jammed up he knows Tracy will do just that

I kept wondering where Tracey was..lmaoo

"I got some Chinese food and a side of chocolate let me in" I can't believe they moved on Tracy.

That nicca couldn't leave anyway lol he just got out the pen from doing a bid so he can't leave the country at all

:lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That is the thing he is low biding his daughter. Didn't you hear Van say if you came around more? Didn't you see how clueless he was when the Teacher was talking about his child? Yeah him having money is nice and all but damn spend time with your fucking child. Thats the worst then when a Father don't spend time with his kid. Folks so worried about what he doing for Paper Boy when his real responsibility of being a father isn't being met. Earn aint giving shit to Van because she thinking about moving back with her mother to make it. When was the last time we even seen Earn with the kid? Shoot on Power Ghost be gone fucking Angela and we at least see the 3rd kid.
I was just having this type of conversation with a coworker... people go on an on about black men leaving the home or not being with their kids but they don't consider that a real possible answer for that is..when a man can't be a man or feel like a man and what that role entails..which is PROVIDING for his family..PROTECTING his family..BEING IN CONTROL of his family. They leave out of shame. People have huge expectations of leadership and the majority of that is charting the way and solving the problems that arise.

When or if a man can't do that they starting thinking WTF is the point of me being here?

WTF is the point of earn living with his woman if he can't contribute at least 50% but in reality she should be living with him not him with her...he should be taking care of his woman. Thats the proper role for a man.

WTF is the point of earn being around his daughter when he can't afford to pay for her education? And in order to pay for it he has to get out there and hustle which means doing a tour thru europe for 8 weeks. He can't be a present father like cliff huxtable AND try to make a lucrative career happen especially when a huge part of that career is travel.

Don't get me wrong there are some irresponsible immature trash ass dudes who drop sperm like a dog takes a shit then moves on..BUT there are guys who are TRYING and get overwhelmed because they just weren't prepared for the size of the load they created. But that doesn't mean that they willingly want to shirk that duty.

Earn may not be the best organized person and gets tripped up because of his inexperience but we've never seen him just blow off van or his daughter for something else or shirk his responsibility to run with some hoes. I thought it was unfair for Van to say he needs to be with his daughter more when she sees what he's trying to do. Who the fuck needs that guilt trip...