TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tongue bath
EDUbSlrVUAI_rkS

EDUk30EU8Ast4B2

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She is half GERMAN... thats her GERMAN half talkin!!!

I seen her in person a few years ago around lincoln center, walkin around carrying these large

boxes.. you can tell she is down to earth... she aint the prissy bougie type..

but bitch.. you gotta shower every fuckin day.....thats that becky shit!!! they believe their stench

attracts men.. yea if they like the smell of three day ol tuna casserole with extra lemon juice..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Off topic but they really letting Wayne do the superbowl? I mean it's like they have had black artists for the past 3 or 4 ones?
And Wayne ain't black, Wayne is "black black" lol.
Them yt people's minds will explode lol

Bro?

WHITE BOYS LOVE WAYNE.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Bro?

WHITE BOYS LOVE WAYNE.
The older good Ole boys who cherish football? Sheeeit
I can't see it.

For how many years was it like some enigma to see any black artist perform Superbowl. When Janet did it, we felt like we won some achievement. For Wayne to do it, I'm in shock they'd allow that. That's all.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Off topic but they really letting Wayne do the superbowl? I mean it's like they have had black artists for the past 3 or 4 ones?
And Wayne ain't black, Wayne is "black black" lol.
Them yt people's minds will explode lol
Yeah white boys fuck with Wayne.

Hell the coach that lost in the Super Bowl named his son Carter after his love for lil wayne

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The older good Ole boys who cherish football? Sheeeit
I can't see it.

For how many years was it like some enigma to see any black artist perform Superbowl. When Janet did it, we felt like we won some achievement. For Wayne to do it, I'm in shock they'd allow that. That's all.

But bro that is NOT who watches the Super Bowl as we seen by the ridiculous ratings that broke records.

And we gotta STOP catering to them white boys...

they do NOT control those NFL numbers.

Yeah that Kap boycott? Taylor boycott? Woke boycott?

They aint turn off SH*T!

We gotta stop acting like WE don't run this social media and entertainment numbers too.

and Wayne go onstage wit his skateboard and do A milli lollipop and Bling Bling?

dem same white boys gonna fall out.

img_0303.gif

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
But bro that is NOT who watches the Super Bowl as we seen by the ridiculous ratings that broke records.

And we gotta STOP catering to them white boys...

they do NOT control those NFL numbers.

Yeah that Kap boycott? Taylor boycott? Woke boycott?

They aint turn off SH*T!

We gotta stop acting like WE don't run this social media and entertainment numbers too.

and Wayne go onstage wit his skateboard and do A milli lollipop and Bling Bling?

dem same white boys gonna fall out.

img_0303.gif
Agreed with all you said. I'm saying can't believe they'd allow it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sorry, Donald Glover, but Billy Dee Williams is still Billy Dee Williams' favorite Lando Calrissian​

“I took care of the 20th century, now he’s got to take care of the 21st,” Williams said of his successor.
By
Lester Fabian Brathwaite

Published on March 17, 2024

If there's one thing Billy Dee Williams loves, it's Billy Dee Williams.

The smooth-as-a-frosty-Colt-45 actor recently spoke to Radio Times about his most famous role, Star Wars' interstellar playboy and con-man about Cloud City, Lando Calrissian.

While Williams has love for Donald Glover, who took over the role in 2018's Solo: A Star Wars Story, he doesn't think anyone can really do justice to Lando but him.

“I had a nice little lunch with him. He’s a delightful young man. Extremely talented,” Williams said of Glover. “But I don’t see him … I mean, when it comes to Lando Calrissian there’s only one Lando Calrissian. I created that character.”

Billy Dee Williams and Donald Glover

Landos Calrissian: Billy Dee Williams and Donald Glover.
LUCASFILM/FOX/KOBAL/SHUTTERSTOCK; LUCASFILM LTD.
Williams first appeared as Lando in 1980's The Empire Strikes Back, where he infamously betrays old friend Han Solo, leading him to a fate frozen in carbonite. Lando eventually redeems himself by helping Han's friends escape the Empire, and then in 1983's Return of the Jedi, helping to rescue Han from Jabba the Hut.

Still, Lando's betrayal never sat well with Star Wars fans and Williams found himself having to defend Lando's actions to random strangers over the years.

“So I found myself explaining all this stuff to a point where I finally said to people, ‘Look, I'm tired of explaining all of this.’ I said, ‘Did anybody die? Nobody died!’" Williams told EW's Dagobah Dispatch podcast. "I think that was a clear indication that Lando was trying to figure something out and he was trying to figure out primarily how to hold onto his situation without the complete demise of his friend.”

Williams again reprised the role for 2019's The Rise of Skywalker.

When Glover took up the mantle of Calrissian for a new generation, Williams had just two words of advice for him: "Be charming." Glover is now set to re-don his iconic cape to further expand on the Lando lore, writing a movie about everyone's favorite space-faring f-boy with his brother Stephen Glover.

The pair had originally been attached to write a Lando TV series, taking over from Dear White People scribe Justin Simien, although the project was put on pause during the writers strike. While Williams is protective of Lando's past, he's more than open for what Donald Glover has in store for his future.

“He’s part of a whole new generation. He’ll create whatever he needs to create, to bring appeal to the character,” Williams said. “He’s a very talented young lad and very imaginative. I mean, it’s not for me to say what he should do with the character at this stage.”

The OG Lando added, “I took care of the 20th century, now he’s got to take care of the 21st.”