Netflix: The Last Kingdom Discussion Thread (All Seasons)(Trailer Final Movie Drops 4/15)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Had this in my Netflix que forever. Decided to give it shot and I must say that I'm loving this shit so far.
I'm just on Episode 2 of Season 1. So try not to spoil Season 2 for me.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think it was stretchwallz who put me on to this show. It's the best show on right now. I can't remember the last time I was so anxious to see a show the day it comes out(friday).

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
solid show -not predictable at all - just finished season 2 on Thurs

CEO

Support BGOL
Registered
That's that shit! Not sure if Im more excited about Last Kingdom season 2 or Attack on Titan season 2...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
tried watching this a while back...got thru an ep and a half...liked the premise...execution was ok...but not mature enough of a show to keep me watching

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Is it worth it? I've been told by a couple of ppl to watch b/c I love Vikings and they said this takes place after Vikings time and from the other sides POV. I only watched the first ep and didnt seem to catch me as much as vikings did

Had this in my Netflix que forever. Decided to give it shot and I must say that I'm loving this shit so far.
I'm just on Episode 2 of Season 1. So try not to spoil Season 2 for me.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
tried watching this a while back...got thru an ep and a half...liked the premise...execution was ok...but not mature enough of a show to keep me watching

Is it worth it? I've been told by a couple of ppl to watch b/c I love Vikings and they said this takes place after Vikings time and from the other sides POV. I only watched the first ep and didnt seem to catch me as much as vikings did

its maybe a generation after where Vikings is now

it gets better as the story continues to develop / unfold

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
they pack in a lot of story per episode
no real filler eps at all

This show doesn't know the meaning of filler...

This is almost insane... it's like 20 characters and yet they all fill fleshed out. Dudes had like 3 different chicks. It's crazy.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This show doesn't know the meaning of filler...

This is almost insane... it's like 20 characters and yet they all fill fleshed out. Dudes had like 3 different chicks. It's crazy.
enjoy ...
here is a cherry - tonights ep of American Gods is up already

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
enjoy ...
here is a cherry - tonights ep of American Gods is up already

Awww just finished it... gawd damn it's going to be one of those shows with a cliffhanger ending every ep.... damn it.

But other then that great episode..... but there are going to be some people on the board talking about either it's too slow or they have no idea what's happening.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
It was dope to see Anansi/Mr. Nancy in this 2nd ep of American Gods. Trying to decide for shows I haven't watched yet if i should pick Last Kingdom, The Magicians, House of Cards, 13 reasons why, Medici Masters of Florence or Bosch

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
It was dope to see Anansi/Mr. Nancy in this 2nd ep of American Gods. Trying to decide for shows I haven't watched yet if i should pick Last Kingdom, The Magicians, House of Cards, 13 reasons why, Medici Masters of Florence or Bosch

house of cards...you can cross 13 reasons off the list if you're older than 25 imo

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been wondering about this show. I'm gonna have to start it.

and @tpotda Check out House of Cards. That shit will suck you in. I started it late and got addicted to it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
On episode 2 of season 2.... Gawd damn this show has had more betrayals in 10 episodes then some shows have had in their entire series run.

Also fucking Uhtred is the biggest pimp on TV... dude fucks all the bitches literally. All the bitches.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Dam you making me really wanna watch this, is it really that good?

Dude they somehow cram 2 to 3 episodes of material in one episode. Yet none of the episodes feel rushed. They somehow introduce a new character in one episode and the next epsiode... you dude already feels like a full character.

I've never seen anything like this....

Fucking crack.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
...and the actors...and the story...and the directors

Man I get that you didn't like the first episode but this shit is legit... I wouldn't of created a thread if it didn't draw me in and this story is great. I'm loving how Uthred being a man of no one allows the viewers to see the problems with the Saxons and their blind unwavering obsession with Christianity and the Danes and their obsession with expansion because their homelands are kind of shitty.

It's like looking at Vikings and seeing both sides of the conflict.

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Man I get that you didn't like the first episode but this shit is legit... I would of created a thread if it didn't draw me in and this story is great. I'm loving how Uthred being a man of no one allows the viewers to see the problems with problems with the Saxons and their blind unwavering obsession with Christianity and the Danes and their obsession with expansion because their homelands are kind of shitty.

It's like looking at Vikings and seeing both sides of the conflict.

I'm not knocking the show entirely...it was a decent show from what little I saw but not must-see status like GoT imo

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm not knocking the show entirely...it was a decent show from what little I saw but not must-see status like GoT imo

Well Game of thrones has like a 100 million dollar budget.

But for a Netflix show... this shit is good.

I watched this shit two days straight.

Haven't even gone to see Guardians because I got sucked in. I've got to see if Uthred will get his revenge....

And to see if he he will break the record for amount of love interests in 16 episodes.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I just watched ep 2 of Season 1, seen Uthred and his 1st friend with benefits rolling around the diff kingdoms of England. Seems alright so far, not as good as Vikings imo

Well Game of thrones has like a 100 million dollar budget.

But for a Netflix show... this shit is good.

I watched this shit two days straight.

Haven't even gone to see Guardians because I got sucked in. I've got to see if Uthred will get his revenge....

And to see if he he will break the record for amount of love interests in 16 episodes.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I just watched ep 2 of Season 1, seen Uthred and his 1st friend with benefits rolling around the diff kingdoms of England. Seems alright so far, not as good as Vikings imo

Got to keep watching man...

Plus this show has nudity and graphic violence.

Side note... I still haven't watched much of Vikings. It's on my list. I haven't gone pass episode 3.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Got to keep watching man...

Plus this show has nudity and graphic violence.

Side note... I still haven't watched much of Vikings. It's on my list. I haven't gone pass episode 3.
get to it -its a bit better and much more violent than last kingdom... if you can find the uncut /unrated episodes of Vikings its even better with extra scenes, nudity and more gore

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
... if you can find the uncut /unrated episodes of Vikings its even better with extra scenes, nudity and more gore

didn't know that existed...would def like to see that version...to me shows that take place during these earlier times are done a serious disservice when they have to cut back on language nudity and violence due to TV restrictions...also the storylines are often predictable and unnecessarily extended for TV when dealing w/ shows on non-premium cable channels as stories are oftentimes compromised for ratings...vikings was another solid show but again didn't feel like something I had to watch