Netflix Series: TURN UP CHARLIE (2019) Starring Idris Elba - Trailer 1

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
check out his british broadcasting channel comedy show about him and his family from sierra leone and his brother comes to stay with them it takes place in the 80's in london
it's funny.

yea I bet that's way better than this shit right here..

first I was like cool then I was like damn they cant find no find sister to play

his love interest...

fuckin Netflix should b called interacial flix...

but chea I will check fo that show but damn b I aint even

peep luther yer...

fuckin bgol got me watchin all types of shit bruh..

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Meh... but i will still check it and see if it worth watchn.. looks like something i would turn off in about 15 minutes

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He used to be a DJ before he blew up in acting.
" To support himself between acting roles, he worked in jobs such as tire-fitting, cold call advertising sales, and working night shifts at Ford Dagenham. He worked in nightclubs under the nickname DJ Big Driis at age 19, but began auditioning for television roles in his early-twenties."

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0252961/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

first I was like cool then I was like damn they cant find no find sister to play

his love interest...

peep luther yer...

Luther is one of the best detective shows ever

PaYpA

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Is there a Netflix recommendation thread for different shit to peep?

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Speaking of Netflix, anyone checked out Hap and Leonard? Shit is crack, I watched all two seasons in a day.

A1TgURYLAjL._RI_SX380_.jpg

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Speaking of Netflix, anyone checked out Hap and Leonard? Shit is crack, I watched all two seasons in a day.

Just noticed it on Netflix and was wondering how it is..might have to check it out
As for idrises show...its alright, 2nd or 3rd episode we were ready to stop watching the shit if the kid became more rude and obnoxious but they changed her attitude at the right time..it got better..cool lil light 24 min comedy

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I watched the show.. i got a couple episodes out.. then im like umm fuck this.. not worth the time to me...

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

his love interest...

peep luther yer...

His love interest IS a sista lol....trailer made shit seem different tho

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know what his plan is but he seems to be experimenting with a bunch of different projects. Its not like he needed to do this.

I peeped it. It's a quick watch 8 20 minute episodes. I would categorize this as "The Tooth Fairy" meets "The Last OG" with a little bit of "Daddy Daycare" thrown in.

Basically everyone on the show has issues especially the adults, but its lightweight issues no serious drama. The side characters seemed paper thin and heavily stereotyped especially Charley's friends and family. I agree with whoever said that he was too old to play this character. Would have been better if he played this in his 30's. But he's rocking a full gray 5 0'clock shadow in some of these scenes. That's a bit old to be trying resurrect a one hit wonder music career. Even his friends all seem about 10+ years younger than him.

I think he's trying his hand at light weight comedy here but I don't think it comes natural to him as the Rock. I kept waiting for him to knock some heads. Idris' character does gets to knock boots a few times so they didn't completely take away his masculinity. I think women will like it as he spends the last two episodes running around without a shirt on.

I can't really recommend it, but it didn't offend me either. I tend to like British humour so that kept me watching it.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

It's a great show but why in the hell did they make dude gay?...he was already gay as Omar, hasnt he done his quota?....great show otherwise

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's a great show but why in the hell did they make dude gay?...he was already gay as Omar, hasnt he done his quota?....great show otherwise

ayo...when it was revealed that his character was gay...I started rolling my eyes and was like "here we go with another black man playing a gay character"

Then I stopped and said hold up....son played Omar, and is gay in real life....I kept forgetting that shit

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
ayo...when it was revealed that his character was gay...I started rolling my eyes and was like "here we go with another black man playing a gay character"

Then I stopped and said hold up....son played Omar, and is gay in real life....I kept forgetting that shit
Dude is gay in real life? Shit, I had no idea...guess it aint too crazy then in this case