Netflix Series: LOST IN SPACE (Official Discussion Thread) Season 3 NEW FULL TRAILER!! (Drops 12/1/2021)

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Let's do it!
I couldn't stand the original because of Dr Smith. I liked looking at the girl tho, and we watched because of the outrageous colors.

Man I used watch it just for Dr Smith coward sniveling brilliant ass. Man is this out yet? I’ll rape it from Terranium tv

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Dr. Smith did a great job in her role! I hated her fucking guts every time I saw her :angry:
she was the only drawback to the series imo

i actually think the show would be better without her in it

her acting is terrible.. just evil for no reason...no real motivation for her evilness

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
she was the only drawback to the series imo

i actually think the show would be better without her in it

her acting is terrible.. just evil for no reason...no real motivation for her evilness

She wasn't evil though... that's what made her cool. Like I thought she was evil up until the season finale... and then it just hit me that she just cared about saving her self at all costs.. but she wasn't trying to overtly trying to kill people.

Look at her actions...
1. She stole her sisters ID because the world was on the verge of ending and she didn't want to be on a dying world. Plus she wanted a better life.
2. She didn't technically kill the guy on the Space Station who found out about her... she just didn't save him.
3. She stole Don West's Flare gun because she knew that OL girl was slowing them down and she felt that she had a better chance of making it on her own.
4. Once the other Jupiters got together...she knew that if she got back on the space station they were going to find her out.... So her original plan was find a way to sabotage any way to get off the planet.
5. Then once she found out the planet was going to die.. She knew that she needed the robot as her insurance to keep them from locking her up. That's why she manipulated the situation to get Will to destroy the Robot... by manipulating old girl...
6. She knocked Maureen over the head with the intention of preventing John and Don from making it to the Space Station before she got the Robot under her control... but she never intended for their shit to blow up.
7. Even when she took control of the Robot... She still allowed Maureen to try and find her Husband and Don. It was only when it looked like her life was in danger that she said... Fuck that Noise.. John is lost.

To me... This is how Smith has to be. This is midpoint of Season 1 OG Lost in Space Smith, before he became a Cartoon and after he realized that he actually needed the Robinsons for his own survival. I think that is the sweet point with Smith. If you make him to evil like the Lost in Space movie.. then there is no excuse to keep him on the ship, but if you make him too cartoony like the Show did.. then he can become annoying.

What I like about this Smith... is that you can't believe a single word that she says. Not one damn thing.. EVER!!!

I like that.

Last edited:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Man I used watch it just for Dr Smith coward sniveling brilliant ass. Man is this out yet? I’ll rape it from Terranium tv

Not us. After about 4 episodes we were like "damn, why don't they just waste this dude? He serves no purpose whatsoever. Not to mention he's why we're lost in the first place."

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
i can't stand this "Dr. Smith"

she walks around like a heroin addict.. nobody in their right mind would trust her..these people are smart as hell but they can't spot a bullshiter

..there is no reason for the Robinsons to even deal with the other survivors...just unnecessary drama

...and you mean to tell me that humans have conquered deep space travel but they are still are using a carbon base fuel source

and no guns? wtf you travel light years away but you don't take weapons??

mathtest

Rising Star
OG Investor
i never watched a show with so many unlikable characters, this shit was terrible and i knew it would be by episode 4, the only likable character is the robot, i was hoping it went crazy and killed the whole damn family and the fake doctor

Snatch Goblin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

she walks around like a heroin addict.. nobody in their right mind would trust her..these people are smart as hell but they can't spot a bullshiter

..there is no reason for the Robinsons to even deal with the other survivors...just unnecessary drama

...and you mean to tell me that humans have conquered deep space travel but they are still are using a carbon base fuel source

You must not have been paying attention. They were using alien tech from the crash landing that fucked up Earth. Hence the alien attack while they traveling using the alien engine. And the alien engine sending them to another dimension in season finale.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Its ok. That robot moves too human like.

Why the hell they are so ad cancer in technology and still use laptops, cellphones and Wal-Mart tents?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

There were reasons for no guns... all of these people were specifically chosen.. so there weren’t any criminals on the ship or the new planet.

The new planet was already in the early stages of colonization... so it wasn’t like they were going to an uncharted planet. On that new planet there were no wars.

And to all but a select few of people at the top.. first contact never happened.. so their was no need to bring guns...

Plus bringing a gun in space is technically dumb.. you can’t use it on the ship. You would be basically killing yourself and because gravity could be different on every planet.. the likelihood is that a gun wouldn’t be effective on most planets anyway.

And the robinsons did have to deal with the other survivors...

1. They all came together and knew it other ...
2. Who wants to be on an uncharted planet alone.
3. Their ship was out of fuel.... and they had issues communicating with the station. The initial signal tower plan and the stripped down launch plan would have worked if it wasn’t for smith.
I think it worked much better with having other survivors on the planet.

The problem with the original series is that the Robinsons were supposed to be alone on the planet but all of these random people and aliens would just show up... and then they would leave.

The carbon base fuel was for the shuttles but the deep space travel was due to the alien tech.. in fact that specifically mentioned that in the show... when Maureen discovered the alien engine and smith dropped that she saw the same thing on the station.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Its ok. That robot moves too human like.

Why the hell they are so ad cancer in technology and still use laptops, cellphones and Wal-Mart tents?

The robot was trying to emulate Human movement... don’t you remember how he looked when Will first discovered him .. and how after he rebooted he converted his form to mimic a human form... then throughout the series he became more human from following the Robinsons. Up until Smith... planted the seeds for will to destroy him and he rebooted again.

Outside of the transformation part.. this was kind of what happens with the robot In the original series. When it started... the robot wasn’t as friendly as he later became.

Their base design was the design like the other robot that came on the ship during the season finale.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
You must not have been paying attention. They were using alien tech from the crash landing that fucked up Earth. Hence the alien attack while they traveling using the alien engine. And the alien engine sending them to another dimension in season finale.
I get they were using alien tech, but where is the alien tech for the "Jupiter" ships, they think a pickup truck full of fuel is enough to launch spaceships into space?

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished it. . Never liked the original show, too much campiness for me, but I thought this re-boot was intriguing.

A couple of points

The reason why Smith is able to get away with what she does is because she is the "fish out of water" character on the show. Everyone else was hand picked based on physical, mental and psychological traits most of which are geared towards surviving and building a self sustaining community in space. No one expects another colonist to be so self centered because they are all "programmed" to be the opposite of that. That's why she's able to explain her initial actions away so easily.

What will be interesting is how they interact with Smith now that everyone knows her motivations.

I thought all the characters were interesting except for Will. I don't find it interesting that a character can win by essentially being "just a really good person'. They tried to make him doubt himself by revealing that he didn't actually qualify to go on the mission but really his only really negative trait is being to gullible. But even then he's clearly the youngest person in the whole expedition by at least 3 or 4 years so can you really hold even that against him. He's kind of like Bran in Game of Thrones except he can still walk. Not interesting!

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
There were reasons for no guns... all of these people were specifically chosen.. so there weren’t any criminals on the ship or the new planet.

The new planet was already in the early stages of colonization... so it wasn’t like they were going to an uncharted planet. On that new planet there were no wars.

And to all but a select few of people at the top.. first contact never happened.. so their was no need to bring guns...

Plus bringing a gun in space is technically dumb.. you can’t use it on the ship. You would be basically killing yourself and because gravity could be different on every planet.. the likelihood is that a gun wouldn’t be effective on most planets anyway.

And the robinsons did have to deal with the other survivors...

1. They all came together and knew it other ...
2. Who wants to be on an uncharted planet alone.
3. Their ship was out of fuel.... and they had issues communicating with the station. The initial signal tower plan and the stripped down launch plan would have worked if it wasn’t for smith.
I think it worked much better with having other survivors on the planet.

The problem with the original series is that the Robinsons were supposed to be alone on the planet but all of these random people and aliens would just show up... and then they would leave.

The carbon base fuel was for the shuttles but the deep space travel was due to the alien tech.. in fact that specifically mentioned that in the show... when Maureen discovered the alien engine and smith dropped that she saw the same thing on the station.

but "dr smith" was a criminal, and the higher-ups knew about aliens......they were literally attacked by aliens. So sending people into deep space without protection was at least naive.

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but "dr smith" was a criminal, and the higher-ups knew about aliens......they were literally attacked by aliens. So sending people into deep space without protection was at least naive.

I thought the humans stole from the aliens first and did not return their technology?

That was not a meteor that crashed on earth

Bullet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I watched the original series as a kid. That made a lot of the right changes to update the show. I liked the Don West character and John being a Marine instead of a Scientist fits better. Looking forward to Season 2.​

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
just finished the last two episodes

i give the show a solid 7.5

next season should be good can't wait

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Okay. I'm 5 eps in and it's kinda hard to watch. I know Netflix shows are notoriously slow starters, but...
Anyway, what I like is - Judy is cute (she's 21 mfkrs) and Penny is funny. What I don't, and this goes for all shows, is a fucking clueless kid who's supposed to be a genius; always doing the absolutely stupidest shit imaginable. I also don't like Parker Posey's acting. And I don't like how nobody knows she's a liar. I mean come on. That shit is so unbelievable it's ridiculous. She would have been exposed in a heartbeat. That's if Don didn't beat the shit out of her first. How gullible are these people? And these are the best and brightest? Yawn.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Doctor Smith was never supposed to be on the ship. She assumed the identity of first her sister and then an entirely different person...

As for the Deep Space.... I agree it was naive, but they were already colonizing the Planet for we don't know how long. Based on the conversation that Don West head... it appears that at the point were we started the story.. this was routine. They probably just assumed there was no need.

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Finish the entire season. Dr Smith issue is with herself not trusting anyone. She likes to be charged and feel well liked... lack self esteem.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now that I've finished the series...
I really ended up enjoying it.

The Will/Robot relationship was definitely "Iron Giant" level.
As I stated in an earlier post, Penny is still my favorite character. She's typical White Teenage Girl. But she's hilarious. That actress has great comedic timing.
Maybe I'm seeing this in an odd way. But I find the connection between Judy and West too borderline 'Lolita-ish" for me.
I'm giving Parker Posey a chance. But as others stated, the character is too obvious a straight-up LIAR for others than Maureen to notice.
It wold have been great to see Maureen give another option to leave Smith on the planet. And their actions from there.
But that's a mute point because of Smith's control over the Robot.
And I can't stand Smith's Eddie Munster look. That shit is annoying,

Molly Parker has a nice athletic body.