Netflix Series: LOST IN SPACE (Official Discussion Thread) Season 3 NEW FULL TRAILER!! (Drops 12/1/2021)

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched the first two episodes last night with the kids.

Started falling asleep, they continued watching it.

The show started of strong as I can see.

They did a complete reboot and retelling the story from the original show and movie.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
I'm on episode 5. About to finish it up tonight.

Visually it is stunning. Netflix is my go-to for SciFi flicks now. I like how they changed the back story up.

Strong points
  • Dr. Smith. Probably the most dynamic character and will most likely steal the spotlight
  • Robot. The most bad ass of and LIS series or movies.
  • Judy Robinson
  • Special Effects
  • Cinematagraphy
  • Back story on how they got lost
  • The planet they are on

Weak points
  • Will Robinson
  • Mareen Robinson
  • Don West
  • The family's backstory
  • Any series that involves children always have them doing stupid shit. It is not learning mistakes they make, it is straight going against their parent's request that end up putting them in danger.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I ain’t done but fuck this shit has pissed me off

Huge ass creature with sharp teeth eats fuckin moths

These fuckin cac kids who fuck shit up left and right

How the fuck you have all this tech and still a simple ass tracker on each human is not there but yes for a fuckin chicken

Fake dr bitch needs to die horribly

Man fuck that fool who got crushed by the tanker, don is a fuckin idiot.

That fuel comes first. I knew he was gonna die, you don’t get crushed like that and live with out an er near.

Once the pressure is taken off you can go into crush syndrome

I’m fuckin pissed at the writin

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Damn nigga you done?
I watched this whole season yesterday. Two episodes at work two more when I got home ate, chilled, slept work up finished the rest. But I guess I was able to do so because I had to leave work early to pick up my sick child from daycare so I had extra time.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched this whole season yesterday. Two episodes at work two more when I got home ate, chilled, slept work up finished the rest. But I guess I was able to do so because I had to leave work early to pick up my sick child from daycare so I had extra time.

Damn, do even get a chance to enjoy it? I understand binge watching to catch up but a new series?

Now you're waiting for a year or two for the new season and most haven't seen three episodes yet. Just my thinking.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Damn, do even get a chance to enjoy it? I understand binge watching to catch up but a new series?

Now you're waiting for a year or two for the new season and most haven't seen three episodes yet. Just my thinking.
Netflix drops a new series every week. I usually don't have time to watch things if I didn't watch it all yesterday I would've never been able to finish it. I was up until 2 am because i knew at 6 am the TV belongs to the kids.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Netflix drops a new series every week. I usually don't have time to watch things if I didn't watch it all yesterday I would've never been able to finish it. I was up until 2 am because i knew at 6 am the TV belongs to the kids.

Gotcha, makes sense.

So was it a good or great season?

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did they explain the black daughter? Also her relationship with Don West was creepy.

Why they didnt kill Dr. Smith? They are asking for trouble.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Did they explain the black daughter? Also her relationship with Don West was creepy.

Why they didnt kill Dr. Smith? They are asking for trouble.
Kid from a previous relationship. Mama fucked a brother first.

And it was, right? I know she's supposed to be 18, but man wth

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm on episode 5. About to finish it up tonight.

Visually it is stunning. Netflix is my go-to for SciFi flicks now. I like how they changed the back story up.

Strong points
  • Dr. Smith. Probably the most dynamic character and will most likely steal the spotlight
  • Robot. The most bad ass of and LIS series or movies.
  • Judy Robinson
  • Special Effects
  • Cinematagraphy
  • Back story on how they got lost
  • The planet they are on

Weak points
  • Will Robinson
  • Mareen Robinson
  • Don West
  • The family's backstory
  • Any series that involves children always have them doing stupid shit. It is not learning mistakes they make, it is straight going against their parent's request that end up putting them in danger.

I agree with most of this.

But I feel Penny is the better of The Robinson kids. As for the rest of the family, there's just a serious lack of emotional. Especially in regards to connection. I'm only three episodes in. But this Robinson Family is one of the most coldest/emotionless families on TV. Penny, being the typical WHITE teenage girl really bounces off of that. Her role is corny. But it works.

Loved Bill Mumy's cameo.
The Robot and its story is very compelling.
I've been a Parker Posey fan for like...EVER!!! Her "Dr. Smith" and how the gender switch was handled is a brilliant take on that character. She's an awesome Female Villain.

The show has a cinematic look and feel. This seems to be the going thing for Sci-Fi shows these days, They aren't looking cheap anymore.

I love the variation of the original show's later music theme during the end credits. That's another cinematic touch.
But I hope they use the original's quirky one from the first few seasons.

And this may be just me...

But when the graphics form "LOST IN SPACE" during the main title credits,
You see the "ST" in "LOST" form prominently first onscreen
"ST"
Some of Y'all may know where I'm going with this.
I felt that's a nice nod to that other 60s Sci-Fi show.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Kid from a previous relationship. Mama fucked a brother first.

And it was, right? I know she's supposed to be 18, but man wth

I’m not going to lie... I also thought that shit with Don was extra creepy. I think it’s cause the actress playing her fucking looks like she is 16 even though she is 22. Technically Judy in the original one was supposed to be around 18 to 19... but she looked older and closer to the age of Don.

In this show Don looks like he is 40.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
But I feel Penny is the better of The Robinson kids. As for the rest of the family, there's just a serious lack of emotional. Especially in regards to connection. I'm only three episodes in. But this Robinson Family is one of the most coldest/emotionless families on TV. Penny, being the typical WHITE teenage girl really bounces off of that. Her role is corny. But it works.

That cold attitude will make sense the farther you get in the series. There is a reason for the tension.