Netflix: Luke Cage Season 2 (Discussion Thread) - Spoilers Approved (Update Cancelled!!)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
There are to many random threads in here, but not a single discussion thread.

marvel-luke-cage-netflix-preview-logo.jpg

635836112523185327-jessi-s1-024-h.jpg

Right now I'm on episode 4 and I'm fucking hooked. I love every single thing about this show. I honestly feel like this should have come before Jessica Jones, because this is almost a completely different character than the Luke on Jessica.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit is fire. I'm up to episode 8. Every episode got so many classic quotables.

"Shit...nigga I AM your brotha!"

"I got a real need for bulletproof niggas" (paraphrasing lol)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
the greatest collection of beautiful black people I have seen in a long time if ever.
vibrant strong sexual confident good bad ambiguous old young light dark and every shade in between.

between this and Atlanta....with black panther coming

I don't want to hear we can't any more...

Always forward
Forward always

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member
jus finish watchin' it...i fucks with it...

smh@the feds offerin' luke cage dunkin' donuts coffee as a consolation for not gettin' to fuck rosario dawson...

the soundtrack is on point....i'mma have to find that raphael saadiq song...

kinda reminded me of that show New York Undercover from back in the day...when they had musical guests almost every show...

i never read the comic book..so i can't comment on how well..everyone did in their role compared to the comic..

i thought they killed off Cottonmouth kinda quick though...

the scene where everybody started wearin' hoodies with bullet holes in 'em was good..

Last edited:

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered

smh@the feds offerin' luke cage dunkin' donuts coffee as a consolation for not gettin' to fuck rosario dawson...

kinda reminded me of that show New York Undercover from back in the day...when they had musical guests almost every show...

i never read the comic book..so i can't comment on how well..everyone did in their role compared to the comic..

the scene where everybody started wearin' hoodies with bullet holes in 'em was good..

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Man I'm glad that I'm not the only one that immediately got a New York undercover vibe from this show.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They modernized 40 years of Marvel history quite nicely.
They took Black Mariah, Cottonmouth and Diamondback and made them more than one story arc knock offs.

They redid his backstory and gave him gave him an arch nemesis, which he truly never had. (I have a feeling that Diamondback will become Warhawk)

The MCU Luke Cage is way better and a upgrade from the comics.

Last edited:

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Man. Good look fellas. Didn't know what the fuss was about. On Ep 2, and it's shaping up, npi, pretty nice. Cameos and acting are on point.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

They modernized 40 years of Marvel history quite nicely.
They took Black Mariah, Cottonmouth and Diamondback and made them more than one story arc knock offs.

They redid his backstory and gave him gave him an arch nemesis, which he truly never had. (I have a feeling that Diamondback will become Warhawk)

The MCU Luke Cage is way better and a upgrade from the comics.

I mean Mike Coulter is a revelation from this series. Luke Cage has become one of my favorite characters... when in the past I viewed him as a stereotype.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
3 eps in and I'm totally fucking digging it! They got my man Sene in there playing Chico... dude is a great rapper and I still remember this album fondly :yes:

Music starts at .21 sec

Last edited:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
i binged watched it..just got done..started last night...

i`m speechless...they killed it...this was so good...

i can binge watch it again...the music wason point...i want the ound track asap...nice blend of old & new school...

meth song was tight...i want one of those hoodies...lol..

Black Mariah killed it...lol..cuz she doesnt usually play roles like that ...so to hear her cussin...lmao...

Turk cant catch a dam break...ha

& fuck what y`all talking bout i have the biggest crush on rosario...she just seem so down & looks like she will let u fuck how u wanna fuck...n probably go bag bitches with u...:yes:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
oh ..i liked how the tied in the names of the ep`s with classic rap album titles & lyrics...

Just To Get A Rep

Step In The Arena

Manifest

Take It Personal

Moment Of Truth

mostly gangstarr...?

:yes: