Neil Young basically says fuck Joe Rogan

HNIC

Commander
Staff member

Speaking from the artist perspective, they need to get back to selling music again.
Artist are just giving their hard work away and not making anything.
The days of Napster, Limewire and Kazaa are gone.
Back in the day a regular Joe Blow could sell 10, 000-20,000 CD's or downloads and make some good money.
If he/she sold 100,000 CD's/Downloads they felt like they were rich.

The whole streaming shit is a scam.
Only big artist are making any money off streams. The record labels promote the shitty music, folks listen to what they
are told to listen to via placements and advertising. Then Spotify and the record labels split the money. The last person
to make any money is the artist.

Worst case scenario they should allow independent artist the ability to have 1-3 songs on Spotify for free.
If the consumer wants to hear the rest of the album, they have to pay to unlock the content for that particular Album.

Just on mans opinion.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
These old cac boomers are (as usual) worried about themselves.

What we should be concerned about is all these people who are calling for his censorship for spreading "misinformation" when so much of what they called misinformation has been confirmed as true.
yep
I think Rogan said like 1 false thing, which he was checked for, and he acknowledged it himself.
But as far as I know its all been confirmed info.

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't make that person wrong.
When did we get so sensitive?

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Dude, if you're playing weddings with that demographic, throw on "More Than Yesterday" by Spiral Staircase.
Man that song is a classic, @Dannyblueyes probably already has that in rotation. :)

Not sure how to tag users, but here it is. Jena and Connor's wedding cocktail playlist. They were the ones that showed me the Neil Young song back in September.

1) Bobby Womack "California Dreamin"
2) The Headhunters "Straight from the Gate"
3) William Onyeabar "Body and Soul"
4) The Tom Tom Club "Genius Of Love"
5) Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing"
6) Beck "Debra"
7) Neil Young "Everybody Knows this is Nowhere"
8) Grace Jones "La Vie en Rose (Tom Moulton Mix)"
9) Home "Resonance"
10) The Commodores "Sweet Love"
11) Keith Sweat "Something Just Ain't Right"
12) Zapp "More Bounce to the Ounce"
13) Steely Dan "Peg"
14) Fleetwood Mac "Everywhere"
15) Talking Heads "This Must be the Place"

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Spotify support buckles under complaints from angry Neil Young fans
Young: Spotify represents 60 percent of my streams.
TIM DE CHANT - Today at undefined

Enlarge / Neil Young's fans aren't happy that the rocker's music is no longer available on Spotify.
Dave J Hogan/Getty Images
421WITH 189 POSTERS PARTICIPATING
Neil Young was mad. Now his fans are, too, and they’re telling Spotify about it.
Earlier this week, Young had asked the music-streaming service to remove his music from its library in response to COVID misinformation aired on Joe Rogan’s podcast, which is available only on Spotify. “I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” Young wrote on his website. “They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Spotify complied with the request, which ultimately came from Warner Brothers, Young’s label. Though the loss of Young’s music likely represents a small percentage of overall streams on Spotify, Young pointed out that “Spotify represents 60% of the streaming of my music to listeners around the world.”
For Young and his fans, the hit was palpable, and his fans are apparently taking their frustrations out on Spotify. The hashtag #SpotifyDeleted trended on Twitter yesterday, and fans seem to have inundated customer support with so many messages that Spotify has had to take it offline at times.

“We’re currently getting a lot of contacts so may be slow to respond,” a large red banner has read on the support page. Options to message the company, which have previously included live chat with a customer support agent or a chat bot, are now limited to an email address link.

In the wake of Young’s departure from Spotify, Apple Music trolled its competitor, tweeting that it is “the home of Neil Young” and releasing a playlist titled “We Love Neil."

The brouhaha can be traced back to 2020, when Spotify reportedly paid more than $100 million to obtain an exclusive license to Joe Rogan’s podcast and its archives. Rogan, the podcaster, UFC color commentator, and former actor, is no stranger to controversy. He has repeatedly urged his younger listeners not to get vaccinated and has touted ivermectin as a COVID treatment. (Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic drug and is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat or prevent COVID. Its list of side effects is long.) Rogan has also hosted a variety of conspiracy theorists (including Alex Jones), has given voice to anti-trans views, and has falsely claimed that “left-wing people” started forest fires in the West.

“When I left Spotify, I felt better,” Young wrote on his website today. “I support free speech. I have never been in favor of censorship. Private companies have the right to choose what they profit from, just as I can choose not to have my music support a platform that disseminates harmful information. I am happy and proud to stand in solidarity with the front line health care workers who risk their lives every day to help others.”

The artist, who has long criticized audio quality on streaming services, and on Spotify in particular, closed with one last dig. “As an unexpected bonus, I sound better everywhere else,” he wrote.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

Enlarge / Neil Young's fans aren't happy that the rocker's music is no longer available on Spotify.
Neil Young was mad. Now his fans are, too, and they’re telling Spotify about it.
Earlier this week, Young had asked the music-streaming service to remove his music from its library in response to COVID misinformation aired on Joe Rogan’s podcast, which is available only on Spotify. “I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” Young wrote on his website. “They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Spotify complied with the request, which ultimately came from Warner Brothers, Young’s label. Though the loss of Young’s music likely represents a small percentage of overall streams on Spotify, Young pointed out that “Spotify represents 60% of the streaming of my music to listeners around the world.”
For Young and his fans, the hit was palpable, and his fans are apparently taking their frustrations out on Spotify. The hashtag #SpotifyDeleted trended on Twitter yesterday, and fans seem to have inundated customer support with so many messages that Spotify has had to take it offline at times.

“We’re currently getting a lot of contacts so may be slow to respond,” a large red banner has read on the support page. Options to message the company, which have previously included live chat with a customer support agent or a chat bot, are now limited to an email address link.

In the wake of Young’s departure from Spotify, Apple Music trolled its competitor, tweeting that it is “the home of Neil Young” and releasing a playlist titled “We Love Neil."

The brouhaha can be traced back to 2020, when Spotify reportedly paid more than $100 million to obtain an exclusive license to Joe Rogan’s podcast and its archives. Rogan, the podcaster, UFC color commentator, and former actor, is no stranger to controversy. He has repeatedly urged his younger listeners not to get vaccinated and has touted ivermectin as a COVID treatment. (Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic drug and is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat or prevent COVID. Its list of side effects is long.) Rogan has also hosted a variety of conspiracy theorists (including Alex Jones), has given voice to anti-trans views, and has falsely claimed that “left-wing people” started forest fires in the West.

“When I left Spotify, I felt better,” Young wrote on his website today. “I support free speech. I have never been in favor of censorship. Private companies have the right to choose what they profit from, just as I can choose not to have my music support a platform that disseminates harmful information. I am happy and proud to stand in solidarity with the front line health care workers who risk their lives every day to help others.”

The artist, who has long criticized audio quality on streaming services, and on Spotify in particular, closed with one last dig. “As an unexpected bonus, I sound better everywhere else,” he wrote.

He tanked their stock! Who laughing now! My dude like fuck you and Joe Rogan!

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

ezgif.com-crop.gif

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Nah, I disagree. They told HIM to kick rocks.
JONI MITCHELL PULLS CLASSIC ALBUMS FROM SPOTIFY: ‘I STAND WITH NEIL YOUNG.’

Last edited:

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t think so. Mark Hamill Aka Luke Skywalker be going in on Trumps living dead ass and nobody’s canceled him yet. Neil was like fuck Joe Rogan and Spotify! I respect a man like that. He was like I’m good, I don’t need yo fucking money. Bitch!

Nah, I disagree. They told HIM to kick rocks.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
They already removed Neil Young entire music catalog.

They've made their choice and it's getting harder to have these fucks pulling $10 a month from my account

I didn’t even know my Spotify account was active but it was so I’m canceling that shit too! Hey, Neil Young you alright by me! Joe Rogan? You can eat a dick you racist cocksucker!

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered

Man, this is incredibly funny. :lol:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
JONI MITCHELL PULLS CLASSIC ALBUMS FROM SPOTIFY: ‘I STAND WITH NEIL YOUNG.’

Mitchell has been going through a major resurgence of late.
The various re-packaging of her music has been gaining newer fans, while maintaining older ones.
So this move may add increased weight.
Like Young, She's constantly on my personal Rock Music rotation.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

It's your right to not get vaccinated but it's not your right to spread bullshit lies. People are dying from Covid yet people want to spread misinformation on a subject they don't have a clue about.... :smh:

Ironically Joe was scared shitless when he caught it. He took everything he could to keep it off him. Yet he was talking all that bullshit about its not real. I’m not worried about it. Ok Joe. If you was a real G you’d have rode it out without taking anything like a lot of other folks did but nooooo you ran your scary faggot ass to the hospital and begged them to save your life! Pussy ass!

N*E*R*D

Out here somewhere
Registered
They need some heavyweight streaming artist, to really deliver a blow to Spotify. Get Taylor Swift involved, Drake, more pop artists, and then Spotify will really be against the ropes.