NASHVILLE What’s poppin? I’m headed to the Titans game? Strip clubs, eateries etc...

gameboy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
food:
Prince's Chicken
Hattie B's Chicken
The Garden Brunch Cafe (soul food,, open weekends only)
Pancake Pantry (breakfast)
Biscuit Love (breakfast
Martin's bbq
Peg Leg Porker bbq
Puckett's

sightseeing:
Downtown (Broadway St,, 2nd Ave,, the downtown area is really booming currently,, everyday is a Saturday down there)
The Gulch
German Town
The Parthenon / Centennial Park
Farmer's Market
Vanderbilt Square (21st st area)

malls:
Opry Mills (everyday is like a Saturday at this mall)
Green Hills

museum:
Tennessee State Museum

black colleges:
Fisk
Tennessee State University

clubs:
Minerva Ave

Last edited:

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Is Vanderbilt worth checking out too? Will be there this summer visiting friends.

Also, is that pizza joint by those two guys from TSU worth the hype? I think the name is Slim and Husky's?

cap213

Star
Registered
Is Vanderbilt worth checking out too? Will be there this summer visiting friends.

Also, is that pizza joint by those two guys from TSU worth the hype? I think the name is Slim and Husky's?

Slim and Husky's is my jam. They are super packed if you don't get there before 11am until about 4pm then it gets normal again. Dope place.

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Slim and Husky's is my jam. They are super packed if you don't get there before 11am until about 4pm then it gets normal again. Dope place.

Since we're taking our little one, we'll probably be up early and get there when it opens lol.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
food:
Prince's Chicken
Hattie B's Chicken
The Garden Brunch Cafe (soul food,, open weekends only)
Pancake Pantry (breakfast)
Biscuit Love (breakfast
Martin's bbq
Peg Leg Porker bbq
Puckett's

sightseeing:
Downtown (Broadway St,, 2nd Ave,, the downtown area is really booming currently,, everyday is a Saturday down there)
The Gulch
German Town
The Parthenon / Centennial Park
Farmer's Market
Vanderbilt Square (21st st area)

malls:
Opry Mills (everyday is like a Saturday at this mall)
Green Hills

museum:
Tennessee State Museum

black colleges:
Fisk
Tennessee State University

Any grown folk night life type clubs or lounges?

J.E.T.S

Rising Star
Registered
All them bars on that strip downtown sucked. All cacs and weak drinks. Margaritaville looked extra CAC'd out, didn't even go.

So many thick CAC hoes and pawgs.

Overall Nashville experience....

It fucking sucked.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
What about New Orleans yall? What hidden gems do they have? Ahem, you can include the after hours spots too. You never know:cool::rolleyes:

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Any updates?

Enjoyed the city - definitely reminded me of a larger metro area than I currently live in. We stayed out near (I believe it's called) Brentwood, so a little bit outside of the city in a somewhat ritzy area. We did Slim & Husky's, which was probably one of my favorite meals. The BBQ I had was disappointing while there, along with the Nashville hot chicken. We also did one of those tours of Nashville too, and did our own tours of the HBCUs out there (Fisk, TSU, Meharry,) plus we toured Vanderbilt. I don't know if I need to go again anytime soon, but I can see the draw of people moving there.