Nas - The Lost Tapes 2

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

Nas went back to the vault.

On Thursday, the hip-hop veteran released the long-awaited sequel to his 2002 project, The Lost Tapes. The compilation album, which was teased back in June, carries the same concept as the original: a collection of unreleased Nas tracks that were left on the cutting room floor. The Lost Tapes 2 consists of 16 songs that were recorded during sessions for Nas' previous albums Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled, Life Is Good, and NASIR.

The rapper spoke about the project during an interview on The Daily Show, but refused to reveal where each track was supposed to land.

"You kinda gotta guess like, 'What year did he make this one?'" he told host Trevor Noah. "Some of the songs are like 10 years old, 12 years old, and some of them are as early as a year-and-a-half ago."

The Lost Tapes 2 includes features by Swizz Beatz, David Ranier, J. Myers, Al Jarreau, and Keyon Harrold, as well as production by Kanye West, Pharrell, No I.D., Pete Rock, and Hit-Boy. Frank Ocean also has a writing credit on "Royalty."

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Shit is weak to me, and his rhymes are all over the place.
It’s the Lost Tapes. The tracks aren’t meant to go together. These are tracks that didn’t make the cut off of his last albums since the original Lost Tapes. This album doesn’t measure up to Lost Tapes Vol.1 in my opinion. I need to listen to it again. Nothing really grabs me accept the one track he is talking about how Kelis dogged him by not trying to let him see his son. I am sure that’s one of the tracks that didn’t make it to Life is Good.