Muhammad Ali Biography/Documentary by Ken Burns Part TwoTonight Monday

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Not sure what else can be said about this great man. But I'll watch anyway.

MuhammedAli_OTT_Mezzanine_1920x1080.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thanks for the reminder.

Kenneth Lauren Burns[1] (born July 29, 1953) is an American filmmaker, known for his style of using archival footage and photographs in documentary films.

His widely known documentary series include The Civil War (1990), Baseball (1994), Jazz (2001), The War (2007), The National Parks: America's Best Idea (2009), Prohibition (2011), The Roosevelts (2014), The Vietnam War (2017), and Country Music (2019). He was also executive producer of both The West (1996), and Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies (2015).[2]

Burns's documentaries have earned two Academy Award nominations (for 1981's Brooklyn Bridge and 1985's The Statue of Liberty) and have won several Emmy Awards, among other honors.

Filmography

Future releases
  • Muhammad Ali (2021, with Sarah Burns and David McMahon)[70]
  • Benjamin Franklin (2022)[71]
  • The Holocaust & the United States (working title) (2023, with Lynn Novick and Sarah Botstein)[72]
  • The American Buffalo (2024)[73]
  • Leonardo da Vinci (2025)[74]
  • The American Revolution (2025)[74]
  • LBJ & the Great Society (2027, with Lynn Novick)[75]
  • From Emancipation to Exodus (working title, also called The History of Reconstruction) (TBA)[74]
  • Winston Churchill (TBA)[74]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
U d[QUOTE 22359737, member: 11866"]
Why do you say that?
[/QUOTE] because they would never ask spike Lee to direct rov

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
i caught pieces of it. KB has set the standard no doubt. I fucks with his topics. He's going to give you a deep dive on shit. As far as being a culture vulture, I'm not getting that vibe at all.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
I like how Burns takes you through the various stages of Ali lives using outside influences such as other boxers, the racial climate, the beginnings of the NOI, mobsters, etc.