Movies: Ghostbusters...All Women Edition...Discussion thread

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
hold on.

hold on.

why she gotta have on door knockers and a name plate?

she aint already BLACK enough for the studio?

Man this is the exact same thing that I saw when I looked at this picture. I guarantee that they are going to make her extra hood and extra loud. They are probably going to have some scene where the ghost runs up to her screaming and when she screams right back... the ghost runs away terrified. *queue audience laughter*

So unlike Ernie Hudson, who gave a character that young black kids could look up too, there will be young black kids who go this movie and be inspired by just another black stereotype.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man this is the exact same thing that I saw when I looked at this picture. I guarantee that they are going to make her extra hood and extra loud. They are probably going to have some scene where the ghost runs up to her screaming and when she screams right back... the ghost runs away terrified. *queue audience laughter*

So unlike Ernie Hudson, who gave a character that young black kids could look up too, there will be young black kids who go this movie and be inspired by just another black stereotype.

why you had to go and type this Fonz???

you could have PM'd me the powerball numbers instead because that is MOST DEFINITELY going to happen...exactly.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
And this is what this bullshit is going to look like... So I guess the fucking orange stripes are official. :puke:

11703070_10205838300009886_5466924427237055178_n.jpg

They might as well used the recycled crap from this

no wonder why bill murray kept changing the subject when asked about the new GB at ComicCon :lol:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
why you had to go and type this Fonz???

you could have PM'd me the powerball numbers instead because that is MOST DEFINITELY going to happen...exactly.

Man this shit is some bullshit..... Why does she have to have big ass hoop earrings? I'm just really pissed off now.

Where is Black Twitter on this shit? Its obvious she is a fucking stereotype.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man this shit is some bullshit..... Why does she have to have big ass hoop earrings? I'm just really pissed off now.

Where is Black Twitter on this shit? Its obvious she is a fucking stereotype.

I hate to say this but I think its because the movie looks like its going to be bad enough.

Bill Murray is already distancing himself

The black actress in question has done some seriously questionable bits on race on SNL since she became a writer

And because she has very dark and prominent African American features people are going to be afraid to address it too much.

But they should.

Because this is so blatantly stereotypical...just the picture is offensive

And unfortunately her STYLE of comedy is going to go so damn near mistral show it will be the perfect storm

lets hold out hope that maybe JUST maybe in the context of the film ot will work out...

it won't though.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ghostbusters Reboot Character Names Revealed

tumblr_inline_nrs32hh0Hf1sl6jqt_500.jpg

Abby Yates, Erin Gilbert, Jillian Holtzmann, and Patty Tolan.

tumblr_inline_nrs2tgOVLR1sl6jqt_500.png

In a separate tweet. Feig confirmed that McKinnon’s character is Holtzman, but otherwise did not specify who was who. However, IMDb lists McCarthy as Abby (though they give the surname as Bergman), Wiig as Gilbert (also inaccurately listed as Gabler), and Jones as Tolan.

As this is understood to be a total reboot set in a story world in which the first two ‘Ghostbusters’ movies never happened, there is no clear indication of whether we can consider any of these new characters as direct equivalents of the roles played by Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and the late Harold Ramis.

tumblr_inline_nrs3offxS81sl6jqt_500.jpg

However, we know that Wiig’s character is a disgraced university professor whose career was ruined by an earlier collaboration with McCarthy’s character on a book about the paranormal.

But of course, Wiig and McCarthy’s theories prove correct - hence, along with Jones and McKinnon, they tool up to save New York from a ghostly invasion.

The supporting cast includes Chris Hemsworth as the Ghostbusters’ secretary (allegedly called Kevin) and Andy Garcia as the Mayor of New York City. It has also been reported that Dan Aykroyd will have a cameo.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Okay, here you go. Erin Gilbert, Jillian Holtzmann, Abby Yates and Patty Tolan. Now you know even more. <a href="https://t.co/MsQVo5iStI">https://t.co/MsQVo5iStI</a></p>&mdash; Paul Feig (@paulfeig) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulfeig/status/622543519752790016">July 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jillian Holtzmann. Now you know. <a href="https://t.co/tfsTdTujs3">https://t.co/tfsTdTujs3</a></p>&mdash; Paul Feig (@paulfeig) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulfeig/status/621918620743036928">July 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New Ghostbusters team <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Simpsonized?src=hash">#Simpsonized</a> —&gt; <a href="http://t.co/9YmpJrpTj7">http://t.co/9YmpJrpTj7</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/whoyougonnacall?src=hash">#whoyougonnacall</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/paulfeig">@paulfeig</a> <a href="http://t.co/ZybdF22qQV">pic.twitter.com/ZybdF22qQV</a></p>&mdash; ADN (@ADNz) <a href="https://twitter.com/ADNz/status/620941995100512257">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>​

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
wow I went from slightly interested may download, to burn this abomination. Egons spirit is crying.

egon spirit: a league of their own is the only female interpretation i will allow of a male driven genre..there is no ghostbusters after part 2..the only females that should be in ghostbusters are ones at a desk taking phonecalls for us or bill's love interest

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
FUCK YOU BILL MURRAY...:angry::angry::angry:

Now you want to appear.

We Got One! Bill Murray to Appear in New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot

Bill Murray ain’t afraid of no reboot.

The actor, who played Dr. Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989), will appear in director Paul Feig’s upcoming installment in the franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Murray has long been resistant to star in a third Ghostbusters. He told David Letterman earlier this year that his hesitancy stems from Ghostbusters II not having been as well-received as the first one.

Feig’s film, which is currently shooting, stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jonesand Chris Hemsworth. It hits theaters on July 22, 2016.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/bill-murray-in-ghostbusters-reboot-126261659672.html

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
With the bad press it is getting from fans, they probably are offering tons of money for cameos to help.

Sent From My Galaxy S5

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
FUCK YOU BILL MURRAY...:angry::angry::angry:

Now you want to appear.

We Got One! Bill Murray to Appear in New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot

Bill Murray ain’t afraid of no reboot.

The actor, who played Dr. Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989), will appear in director Paul Feig’s upcoming installment in the franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Murray has long been resistant to star in a third Ghostbusters. He told David Letterman earlier this year that his hesitancy stems from Ghostbusters II not having been as well-received as the first one.

Feig’s film, which is currently shooting, stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jonesand Chris Hemsworth. It hits theaters on July 22, 2016.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/bill-murray-in-ghostbusters-reboot-126261659672.html

let me guess itll be some random cameo like Dan Akroyd is doing(playing a cab driver who tells Kristen Wiig's character"I aint afraid of no ghost!" :rolleyes: )

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Our First Look At Chris Hemsworth In Action In The New Ghostbusters!

1392053100720639816.png

Game of Thrones set photos show Arya Stark in trouble. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man could have a bigger role in Captain America: Civil War than we thought. Another familiar face is returning to Arrow. Plus new casting for Star Trek Beyond and a beloved Chuck actor joins The X-Files. To me, my Spoilers!
Ghostbusters

Behind the scenes filming on movie has given a picture of Chris Hemsworth’s “receptionist” character riding into action on the Ecto-2 bike.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you weren't excited for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ghostbusters?src=hash">#Ghostbusters</a> reboot, maybe this will help? <a href="http://t.co/GYhU58Wlj8">pic.twitter.com/GYhU58Wlj8</a></p>&mdash; SourceFed (@sourcefed) <a href="https://twitter.com/sourcefed/status/633678880881164288">August 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All of the Original 'Ghostbusters' are Coming Back for the new Sequel

Ernie Hudson, probably best known as the Ghostbusters character Winston Zeddemore, will have a role in the upcoming reboot. That means all three of the remaining original Ghostbusters will be back.

Variety is reporting Hudson's return to the franchise, along with Bill Murray and Dan Ackroyd, who we already knew were involved from when photos surfaced of them on the set. That's everyone who's left, since Harold Ramis last year.

Hudson, you might remember, was the original cast member who spoke publicly about how he though an all-female Ghostbusters was a terrible idea. For years, he'd also been telling anyone who'd listen that the world needed a third Ghostbusters movie (with the original cast, of course).

Here's what Hudson told the Telegraph when the news of Paul Feig's reboot broke:

If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it's all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters? I love females. I hope that if they go that way, at least they'll be funny, and if they're not funny at least hopefully it'll be sexy. I love the idea of including women, I think that's great. But all-female, I think, would be a bad idea. I don't think the fans want to see that."

But, as his character once said:

6908278128dbec5a72256a3f15e99fdc

It's still not clear if the Hudson, Ackroyd and Murray will be playing Winston, Ray and Peter, or some other characters.

Da D

The pursuit of truth
Registered
So I was called to work the filming when it started and declined telling my agent they are killing my childhood ....but ended up working the last two filming days because I took the booking not knowing the filming codename ....
i was pissed

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
All of the Original 'Ghostbusters' are Coming Back for the new Sequel

Ernie Hudson, probably best known as the Ghostbusters character Winston Zeddemore, will have a role in the upcoming reboot. That means all three of the remaining original Ghostbusters will be back.

Variety is reporting Hudson's return to the franchise, along with Bill Murray and Dan Ackroyd, who we already knew were involved from when photos surfaced of them on the set. That's everyone who's left, since Harold Ramis last year.

Hudson, you might remember, was the original cast member who spoke publicly about how he though an all-female Ghostbusters was a terrible idea. For years, he'd also been telling anyone who'd listen that the world needed a third Ghostbusters movie (with the original cast, of course).

Here's what Hudson told the Telegraph when the news of Paul Feig's reboot broke:

If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it's all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters? I love females. I hope that if they go that way, at least they'll be funny, and if they're not funny at least hopefully it'll be sexy. I love the idea of including women, I think that's great. But all-female, I think, would be a bad idea. I don't think the fans want to see that."

But, as his character once said:

6908278128dbec5a72256a3f15e99fdc

It's still not clear if the Hudson, Ackroyd and Murray will be playing Winston, Ray and Peter, or some other characters.

they already been said that Murray and Ackroyd playing different characters(a TV talk show host and a cab driver respectively)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So I was called to work the filming when it started and declined telling my agent they are killing my childhood ....but ended up working the last two filming days because I took the booking not knowing the filming codename ....
i was pissed
Bro...its a paying gig.

Get money.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sigourney Weaver Will Be in the New Ghostbusters, Too

Recently, Paul Feig's status as the one true source for all Ghostbusters news has been challenged by traditional news outlets, which have been reporting on aspects of the film Feig left un-tweeted. And so today Feig reasserted his authority, offering up a large scoop on Twitter before it could be leaked: Sigourney Weaver will also be in the new Ghostbusters! Like most of her former co-stars' cameos, it's unclear what Weaver's role will be, though as the new Ghostbusters reportedly takes place in a separate canon from the 1984 original, it seems like once again, there is no Dana.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
With these funny women in it i don't see how it can be bad. The only way for it to fail is do to men being bitches and crying because shit doesn't go their way. There are 3 funny damn women in this shit. fuckumean fail?

There's nothing wrong with that sis wearing knockers. Shit i know plenty women that wear'em. What fuckin planet you guys live on? I applaud and encourage that sista fully.

mathtest

Rising Star
OG Investor
With these funny women in it i don't see how it can be bad. The only way for it to fail is do to men being bitches and crying because shit doesn't go their way. There are 3 funny damn women in this shit. fuckumean fail?

There's nothing wrong with that sis wearing knockers. Shit i know plenty women that wear'em. What fuckin planet you guys live on? I applaud and encourage that sista fully.

even tho you're being bias i agree wit u and i think it will be surprisingly funny, them all being not attractive makes the movie even better imo, it humanizes them and shows them as oucast

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

even tho you're being bias i agree wit u and i think it will be surprisingly funny, them all being not attractive makes the movie even better imo, it humanizes them and shows them as oucast

^^^^^ I agree.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Animated Ghostbusters Are Back From the Dead, Almost Like ... Dang, What’s the Word?

To capitalize on the Stay Puft–sized success of the original 1984 Ghostbusters, an animated spin-off, The Real Ghostbusters, was created two years later; it ran on TV for seven seasons in the late '80s and early '90s. Now, presumably to capitalize on the projected [insert name of giant character from upcoming movie] success of Paul Feig's reboot, that idea has been resurrected: Variety reports that Sony is developing an animated Ghostbusters film.

Like an apparition, the project is presently hazy and indistinct — it's unclear whether the animated film would follow Feig's "four funny women," or be brand-new 'busters. Either way, Variety notes, "it's likely the film will follow the famous group as they fight supernatural forces" — sad news for anyone who hoped the movie would be a My Dinner With Andre–style dinner conversation.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man that little fat white chick has been anointed and is dam near box office comedy gold. And her and the skinny funny looking white girl have built a strong following as a comedy tandem. This flick will get much hype and promo and do crazy numbers.

White people love that fat white chick and kristen wiig. Every movie they have been together is a box office hit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
29-ghost-busters.w899.h899.jpg

Last year, the Sony hacks revealed Paul Feig's original pitch for his Ghostbustersreboot: After a convicted murderer's execution is hit by a "supercharged electrical storm," he turns into an evil ghost with the power to raise other evil ghosts and form an evil-ghost army. Now EW reports that the idea of an evil-ghost army has made it into the actual film, with a twist: Instead of being formed of the ghosts of famous villains, these ghosts will now be a cross-section of New York City history, with "pilgrims, old-timey sailors, Revolutionary War spirits, and even a couple of zoot-suited gangsters" showing up to cause all sorts of ghostly mischief. Imagine: ghost-pilgrims, with their little ghost-buckles on their little ghost-hats. We're laughing already!​