MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TUBI HOOD MOVIE QUICK REVIEWS

FIRST and most Importantly the most consistently attractive women in these movies are : Cierra Smith,Shelby Leigh,Jayda Jones and last but not in any way least Mena Monroe

Ultimate Betrayal : not even sure if I can call this a movie because it was only an hour but it was highly entertaining with some great twists and funny dialog.

He Played Me : Starts slow but picks up and it was very entertaining Alphonso Settles was very funny in this as a guy juggling 2 wives and a girlfriend. The main character in the movie has absolutely no logic and reason to her but hopefully she will get some sense in He Played Me 2

Parental Discretion Advised: I was happy to see they actually put some money into this one. The moves some characters made were questionable to say the least but this was still an enjoyable watch.They try to tack on a message at the end but I felt it was kind of one sided when I think about what occurred in the movie .

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Menu (2022) HBO MAX

I enjoyed this Twisted ass movie. It was very cleverly written, but it suffered from poor placement - it came out the week after Black Panther Wakanda Forever and in between that and Avatar 2 is a recipe for cinematic disaster.

On top of that, I don't recall many commercials for it but at the same time how do you promote this movie without giving everything away?

The trailer did the movie know justice. It didn't make me want to see the movie period not only did it not make me want to see the movie, if it wasn't for my cousin calling me out of the blue, which he never does, I wouldn't have seen this movie for free on HBO Max

Now it's not for everyone, it will confuse the shit out of you, but those who like movies will enjoy it

I saw it also on HBO MAX last month.

Not to spoil it, but what is your opinion on “The Cheeseburger”?

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
A couple of quickies on some old Marvel joints:

Thor: Love and Thunder - More like Thor: Bored and Slumber, weakest of the series hands down and I even liked the much criticized Thor: The Dark World. Just too lame did like Russell Crowe's big fat Greek bastard Zeus but the movie was just meh. Two stars (**).

Critical Walk-Back: Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings

Watched about an hour of it back in 2021 just was not feeling it, peeped it last month with more patient eyes and really enjoyed it. Everything gelled well, a lot of new mythology was introduced to the MCU. Some parts were still corny but still a good show. 3 stars (***).

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only watched part 2 cause my son wanted to watch it. Told him yesterday there were 3 more movies coming out. He said 9 more hours no thanks. Haha

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@joneblaze @Complex @benny_negro @havelcok @playahaitian

@Flawless @TEN @blackbull1970 @LennyNero1972 @godofwine

@ViCiouS @woodchuck @Black A. Camus @GAMETHEORY @killagram

@Dirtylakerie @Gye78 @neptunes007 @BlackGoku @RoomService

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Agreed.

Playa - It's like Andy Greenwald (co-host of The Watch podcast) has joked in recent years. With over 500+ shows dropping annually ... it's IMPOSSIBLE for listeners to expect them to keep up with everything current. They're having a tough time just watching a handful of shows at a time, as are all the rest of us. Often getting around to stuff months after the fact. Especially with everything else available in pop culture (movies, podcasts, music, etc). They were laughing the other day as they were finally getting around to Chernobyl (HBO) which dropped in 2019 or so ... and enjoying it / kicking themselves for waiting so long.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Witch

7.5/10

I was surfing thru my cable box and stumbled into the bundle section and came across this flick.

It was bundled with 2 other films titled “It Comes At Night” and “Hereditary”. This film came out first so I watched it this afternoon.

It is a supernatural, horror flick that plays out more like a psychological character drama/horror flick.

The film mainly revolves around a Puritan family in America that is dumb and ignorant as Fuck, which was common back in those days in the 1600s.

The film is very slow paced from start to finish. There isn’t anything scary. The way it’s filmed gives it an eerie feel which helps enhance it along with the music.

The characters dialect is heavy in English, so you might have to rewind a few times.

For the Pervs, there is some full semi-nudity of a middle aged White Woman. There also are some awkward sexual scenes between the two older siblings (brother/sister)

I watched it on HBO MAX. I will watch the other two in the near future for further review.

Synopsis

In 1630 New England, panic and despair envelops a farmer, his wife and their children when youngest son Samuel suddenly vanishes. The family blames Thomasin, the oldest daughter who was watching the boy at the time of his disappearance. With suspicion and paranoia mounting, twin siblings Mercy and Jonas suspect Thomasin of witchcraft, testing the clan's faith, loyalty and love to one another.

witch_ver4.jpg

It Comes At Night

7.5/10

This is the follow up movie to “The Witch” that I recently reviewed. It plays out like a companion movie and not a sequel.

The film takes place around current day.

The film has a couple of connections with the first one. Without spoiling it, the primary connections are the Goat, The Son and the Family’s dysfunction that is not openly discussed amongst themselves. I’m not certain but the location might be the same. This all makes a perfect setting for an unseen character.

This film has been reviewed and posted earlier and folks were not impressed. I had seen a few years ago and watched it for what it was. Like others, I was not aware of its connection to The Witch. Highly recommend watching The Witch, then this film and it will make a whole lot of sense giving you a different perspective.

For the Militants, the film has interracial between a WM/BW with a bi-racial son.

I watched it on Paramount+

The next film is “The Hereditary” which I plan on watching soon.
Synopsis

After a mysterious apocalypse leaves the world with few survivors, two families are forced to share a home in an uneasy alliance to keep the outside evil at bay -- only to learn that the true horror may come from within.

ICAN_dog_poster_web.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
It Comes At Night

7.5/10

This is the follow up movie to “The Witch” that I recently reviewed. It plays out like a companion movie and not a sequel.

The film takes place around current day.

The film has a couple of connections with the first one. Without spoiling it, the primary connections are the Goat, The Son and the Family’s dysfunction that is not openly discussed amongst themselves. I’m not certain but the location might be the same. This all makes a perfect setting for an unseen character.

This film has been reviewed and posted earlier and folks were not impressed. I had seen a few years ago and watched it for what it was. Like others, I was not aware of its connection to The Witch. Highly recommend watching The Witch, then this film and it will make a whole lot of sense giving you a different perspective.

For the Militants, the film has interracial between a WM/BW with a bi-racial son.

I watched it on Paramount+

The next film is “The Hereditary” which I plan on watching soon.
Synopsis

After a mysterious apocalypse leaves the world with few survivors, two families are forced to share a home in an uneasy alliance to keep the outside evil at bay -- only to learn that the true horror may come from within.

ICAN_dog_poster_web.jpg

Thanks for the review. Fan of Edgerton's work.

Side note - his brother Nash directed the Mr. Inbetween series. Popular with a number of people in the TV SERIES thread, and one of my fave shows of the past 10 years. Going to rewatch that series in the years ahead. Easy to get through (less than 30 eps and they're mostly under 30 mins each).

Mr Inbetween is an Australian black comedy-crime drama television series which premiered on FX on 25 September 2018 in the United States,[1] followed by Fox Showcase in Australia on 1 October 2018.[2] The series is a serialisation of the 2005 feature film The Magician, which was created, written by and starred Scott Ryan.[3] Ryan reprises his lead role and is also the writer for the series.[1]

The program was originally commissioned for FX Australia as its first original drama production,[4] but instead launched in Australia on Showcase following the closure of FX Australia between commission and premiere.[2] Filming took place in various locations in Sydney.[5]

On 9 October 2018, FX and Foxtel renewed the series for a second season which premiered on 12 September 2019.[6][7] On 26 May 2020, the series was renewed for a third and final season which premiered on 25 May 2021.[8][9] The series concluded on 13 July 2021, after three seasons and 26 episodes.[10]

Set within the suburbs of Sydney,[11] Ray Shoesmith is a hitman for hire who makes a life out of balancing his criminal activities with his obligations to friends and family.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Thanks for the review. Fan of Edgerton's work.

Side note - his brother Nash directed the Mr. Inbetween series. Popular with a number of people in the TV SERIES thread, and one of my fave shows of the past 10 years. Going to rewatch that series in the years ahead. Easy to get through (less than 30 eps and they're mostly under 30 mins each).

Mr Inbetween is an Australian black comedy-crime drama television series which premiered on FX on 25 September 2018 in the United States,[1] followed by Fox Showcase in Australia on 1 October 2018.[2] The series is a serialisation of the 2005 feature film The Magician, which was created, written by and starred Scott Ryan.[3] Ryan reprises his lead role and is also the writer for the series.[1]

The program was originally commissioned for FX Australia as its first original drama production,[4] but instead launched in Australia on Showcase following the closure of FX Australia between commission and premiere.[2] Filming took place in various locations in Sydney.[5]

On 9 October 2018, FX and Foxtel renewed the series for a second season which premiered on 12 September 2019.[6][7] On 26 May 2020, the series was renewed for a third and final season which premiered on 25 May 2021.[8][9] The series concluded on 13 July 2021, after three seasons and 26 episodes.[10]

Set within the suburbs of Sydney,[11] Ray Shoesmith is a hitman for hire who makes a life out of balancing his criminal activities with his obligations to friends and family.

Yeah, I got that series saved on Hulu.

Just haven’t got around to getting to it, eventually I will being I’m currently catching up along with a number of projects are getting cancelled.

Trying to keep myself of getting sucked into new stuff until I catch up.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah, I got that series saved on Hulu.

Just haven’t got around to getting to it, eventually I will being I’m currently catching up along with a number of projects are getting cancelled.

Trying to keep myself of getting sucked into new stuff until I catch up.

:thumbsup:

Agreed. Trying to catch up on some stuff as well.

Lemme know what you think of Mr. Inbetween in the future when you get around to it. It's a good one to binge. Enjoyed watching the lead's interactions with his main people (daughter, GF, brother, boss).

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend