MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Soccer / football fans may be interested in this upcoming doc' ...

32187868-0-image-m-51_1597945834823.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

From the Read More index of links at the bottom of the DailyMail article ....

Read more:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

August 21, 2020 7:15am

By Dino-Ray Ramos

After numerous delays, Well Go USA’s Cut Throat City is finally making its debut — and in theaters. Yes, you heard that right. The RZA-directed crime drama will make its way into select theaters starting today as they slowly start to open their doors across the country.

cutthroatcity_2764x4096.jpg
still-1-e1584463286760.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The movies are back

I wanted to like it, but I didn't. It could have been good, like there were elements to work with. There were some good parts, like Wesley and Shamiek, but overall :smh: and TI :smh: RZA I don't want to see close ups of Terrance Howard.

It could have been John Travolta Fanatic bad, but Russell Crowe carried it with his crazy. It was entertaining. Has some cool deaths.

Wasn't realistic, because people do dumb people movie shit

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
been into a lot of westerners recently

another underrated gem on prime
cult classic

worth a watch

Ever seen this one? Went to the advanced screening back in 2008. Crowd response was positive. Took pops with me as he's always been a fan of Ed Harris' work ...

Appaloosa is a 2008 American Western film based on the 2005 novel Appaloosa by crime writer Robert B. Parker. Directed by Ed Harris and co-written by Harris and Robert Knott, Appaloosa stars Harris alongside Viggo Mortensen, Renée Zellweger and Jeremy Irons. The film premiered at 2008 Toronto International Film Festival and was released in selected cities on September 19, 2008, then expanded into wide-release on October 3, 2008.

The film shares some narrative similarities with the 1959 Western Warlock, directed by Edward Dmytryk and starring Henry Fonda, Anthony Quinn and Richard Widmark. There is also a 1966 Western named The Appaloosa which stars Marlon Brando, but the two films are unrelated.

On Rotten Tomatoes, Appaloosa has an approval rating of 76% based on 163 reviews.[10] The consensus reads, "A traditional genre western, Appaloosa sets itself apart with smart psychology, an intriguing love triangle, and good chemistry between the leads."

Early reviews of Appaloosa from the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival were lukewarm. Brad Frenette of the National Post said "the film feels double its 114-minute running time, but Appaloosa redeems itself through unexpected moments of levity, Harris's steady direction and the God amongst men, Lance Henriksen."[11] Frenette also said Renee Zellweger is "mostly a bust"[11] and Viggo Mortensen "oozes cool."[11] Popjournalism reviewer Sarah Gopaul said Harris and Mortensen spend too much time talking and discussing their feelings, which she said made the film too light for the gritty Western genre. Gopaul said Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen delivered decent performances and that Renee Zellweger's character has more depth than the traditional romantic interest in a Western.[12] The New Yorker’s David Denby called it “a well-made, satisfying, traditionalist Western with some odd quirks and turns.”[13][14]

The film appeared on some critics' top ten lists of the best films of 2008. Ray Bennett of The Hollywood Reporter named it the 8th best film of 2008,[15] and Mike Russell of The Oregonian named it the 10th best film of 2008.[15]

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ever seen this one? Went to the advanced screening back in 2008. Crowd response was positive. Took pops with me as he's always been a fan of Ed Harris' work ...

Appaloosa is a 2008 American Western film based on the 2005 novel Appaloosa by crime writer Robert B. Parker. Directed by Ed Harris and co-written by Harris and Robert Knott, Appaloosa stars Harris alongside Viggo Mortensen, Renée Zellweger and Jeremy Irons. The film premiered at 2008 Toronto International Film Festival and was released in selected cities on September 19, 2008, then expanded into wide-release on October 3, 2008.

The film shares some narrative similarities with the 1959 Western Warlock, directed by Edward Dmytryk and starring Henry Fonda, Anthony Quinn and Richard Widmark. There is also a 1966 Western named The Appaloosa which stars Marlon Brando, but the two films are unrelated.

On Rotten Tomatoes, Appaloosa has an approval rating of 76% based on 163 reviews.[10] The consensus reads, "A traditional genre western, Appaloosa sets itself apart with smart psychology, an intriguing love triangle, and good chemistry between the leads."

Early reviews of Appaloosa from the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival were lukewarm. Brad Frenette of the National Post said "the film feels double its 114-minute running time, but Appaloosa redeems itself through unexpected moments of levity, Harris's steady direction and the God amongst men, Lance Henriksen."[11] Frenette also said Renee Zellweger is "mostly a bust"[11] and Viggo Mortensen "oozes cool."[11] Popjournalism reviewer Sarah Gopaul said Harris and Mortensen spend too much time talking and discussing their feelings, which she said made the film too light for the gritty Western genre. Gopaul said Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen delivered decent performances and that Renee Zellweger's character has more depth than the traditional romantic interest in a Western.[12] The New Yorker’s David Denby called it “a well-made, satisfying, traditionalist Western with some odd quirks and turns.”[13][14]

The film appeared on some critics' top ten lists of the best films of 2008. Ray Bennett of The Hollywood Reporter named it the 8th best film of 2008,[15] and Mike Russell of The Oregonian named it the 10th best film of 2008.[15]

yep seen Appalooza many times
another good movie

(I watch pretty much all of Viggos movies apart from green book)

but The proposition is better

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
yep seen Appalooza many times
another good movie

(I watch pretty much all of Viggos movies apart from green book)

but The proposition is better

Glad you liked it too.

Pops dug it too. Another fave screening of his was The Raid. Place was packed - everyone was into it. Dad's all quiet and shit ... I didn't know what he thought. As we're leaving I ask him ... he's like - "9/10 ... great martial arts!"

I couldn't read him at all!

Made sure to take him to The Raid 2 too!

:giggle: :roflmao3:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
PROJECT POWER

PILL POPPING PLEASURE

PRAISE: When you walk into a GNC there are pills on the shelves for almost anything but nothing like whats featured in the film Project Power
The cast including Jamie Foxx ,Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dominique Fishbackall turn in good performances in this story about family, Louisiana and oh yeah superpowers
Director Henry Joost and writer Mattson Tomlin create a world in which popping a power pill can either be fatal or give you various super powers.
Things are kept on a high pace and the 2 hour run time flies by with some great action sequences and SFX.The film never loses its sense of fun with dramatic moments weaved in.
I was actually shocked by some of the graphic violence which may not be for the faint of heart.

PROBLEMS: Some parts of the movie are been there done that old hat.The movie introduces some cool story threads and ideas but doesn't use them as much as i would have liked.
Once again there is not much to the main villain in the film and something great could have been done with that too.

This is one of those movies that could have definitely worked well as a series IMO but hopefully a sequel is being planned.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

This movie was Dope imo. Rona fucked up. 60-80 million box office movie imo.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
UNHINGED

ROAD RAGE RAMPAGE

PRAISE : Who isn't a little Unhinged these days?
Theatres are hoping people take a chance and come on out to see this flick about a woman named Rachel Hunter(Caren Pistorius),who is having the worst day ever and happens upon the path of Tom Cooper (Russell Crowe) who is well UNHINGED.
Even though little hints about what's to come are dropped early on in the film I was still shocked in a good way about the brutality Cooper dispatches.
Crowe does well here as he really commits to the role.
Plenty of great unintentional laughs are provided.
I think Director Derrick Borte and writer Carl Ellsworth decided to include some stupid things to do while driving moments just for fun visuals.

PROBLEMS: This film has Texas sized plot holes.Plenty of bad decisions are made.There's no real suspense and I can't say I really cared about the characters.
Plus the film is about 75 minutes
Wait for this to hit cable

Scale of 1-10 a 5½

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
UNHINGED

ROAD RAGE RAMPAGE

PRAISE : Who isn't a little Unhinged these days?
Theatres are hoping people take a chance and come on out to see this flick about a woman named Rachel Hunter(Caren Pistorius),who is having the worst day ever and happens upon the path of Tom Cooper (Russell Crowe) who is well UNHINGED.
Even though little hints about what's to come are dropped early on in the film I was still shocked in a good way about the brutality Cooper dispatches.
Crowe does well here as he really commits to the role.
Plenty of great unintentional laughs are provided.
I think Director Derrick Borte and writer Carl Ellsworth decided to include some stupid things to do while driving moments just for fun visuals.

PROBLEMS: This film has Texas sized plot holes.Plenty of bad decisions are made.There's no real suspense and I can't say I really cared about the characters.
Plus the film is about 75 minutes
Wait for this to hit cable

Scale of 1-10 a 5½

Here's one of the co-hosts of The Couch Potatoes giving his take on the movie ... they lead off the show with Unhinged ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

It's watchable I guess. I can see why it was pushed back, and I can also see why they wanted it on the big screen

but it's rather easy to figure out, and wasn't dark enough. It came out sort of 80's campy and forgettable.

It's not the same as the first, and is nothing really like it. It's the same universe, sort of like Cloverfield, but it's four years later.

It's not as good as the first, but if you keep an open mind this is still pretty good in it's own right.

It's some cool aspects to it, like the car chase and action scenes. The zombies are really an after thought unlike the first.

It's a lot better than New Mutants, saw them the same day and made me forget about it.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
another movie thats gonna make u slap the 1st cac u c after watching it ...:hmm:

k6NnMkgYBRPV3JMBoapG0-GwidMA2gfPmxa0qAzZuhU-bMoX0SqKxW9rcGtsLGoJ97wj6Q7RX5PH4LcS0-sqS7HZFafklLr4sFXkrPw_Ig

It is the story of the all-black Twenty-Fourth United States Infantry Regiment, and the Houston Riot of 1917.

Andre ...:yes: ..dudes got range ..i think they was wasting him on Empire...

anyway check the trap if u need it ...:cool:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I have no clue what I watched honestly :dunno:

I mean I think I know, at least the basics. I'm going to watch it again to fill in the blanks.

That inversion shit is a mind fuck, and you'll see stuff happen and have to remember stuff from earlier.

It was dope, definitely a big screen movie. Saw it In Dolby and the sound and score was pretty amazing, a lot of complaints about the dialogue. With the accents, mask and background noise you miss some of it. I needed subtitles.

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What if for your entire life you had superpowers you weren’t aware of?
Wendy (Cornelia Gröschel), a young working class mom, realizes that years of medication have suppressed her latent supernatural powers. She meets a stranger, Marek (Wotan Wilke Möhring), with the same background, and finds out that her co-worker, Elmar (Tim Oliver Schultz), is also similarly gifted. Question is: what will she do with her new powers?

I am no movie critic, but a good watch in my opinion. Seems to be a German production.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Mulan

This was the one movie I wanted to see in cinema all year
even more than tenet
but honestly the reviews were right.
This movie just fell flat.

too many holes
no rousing parts
the twist was kind of shitty
no fucking dragon

the one pleasant suprise was the nod to once upon a time in china and jet li
with the larva and the fighting on scaffolding...old school kung fu heads will pick up on that

get it from bgol cinema and dont pay for it

a very generous 5.5/10

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TENET

Don't try to understand it...feel it !!

PRAISE: Director and writer Christopher Nolan does his best to make the limited audience he can get to theatres during the pandemic "feel it" in his latest film TENET.
Coupled with a thunderous score by Ludwig Göransson this story of a secret agent who manipulates the flow of time to prevent World War III.
All of the actors do a fine job John David Washington taps into his father's style from time to time in the film. I admire all of his hard work especially in the action sequences
Robert Pattinson provides a sense of mystery.
Kenneth Branagh chews the scenery as if its the greatest meal on Earth.
Time bending, trippy and absolutely interesting plus throw in some James Bond,Deja Vu Bad Company and The Night Manager TENET blends well.
I actually smiled when characters asked for the same explanations i wanted.
When it was all said and done I liked how I could reflect on certain characters and how they truly figured into the puzzle of the movie.

PROBLEMS: Definitely confusing at times and the dialogue which was muffled and overwhelmed by the score at times just added to the confusion.
While amused by the way the movie "cheats" I was also a bit annoyed by it and felt...well...cheated.
Nolan wants to provide an elaborate feast for the eyes and mind in this film but sometimes certain parts are overcooked.
Enjoyable and intriguing but definitely not his best film.

Scale of 1 to 10 7½

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What if for your entire life you had superpowers you weren’t aware of?
Wendy (Cornelia Gröschel), a young working class mom, realizes that years of medication have suppressed her latent supernatural powers. She meets a stranger, Marek (Wotan Wilke Möhring), with the same background, and finds out that her co-worker, Elmar (Tim Oliver Schultz), is also similarly gifted. Question is: what will she do with her new powers?

I am no movie critic, but a good watch in my opinion. Seems to be a German production.

:thumbsup:Yeah I just got done watching this, and it was good.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
TENET

PROBLEMS: Definitely confusing at times and the dialogue which was muffled and overwhelmed by the score at times just added to the confusion.
While amused by the way the movie "cheats" I was also a bit annoyed by it and felt...well...cheated.
Nolan wants to provide an elaborate feast for the eyes and mind in this film but sometimes certain parts are overcooked.
Enjoyable and intriguing but definitely not his best film.

Scale of 1 to 10 7½

I was listening to 2 reviewers (they saw it separately). They both noted being frustrated by the muffled dialogue too. Said when you're paying attention to a movie that's already tough to follow at times ... you shouldn't have to strain to understand the dialogue, and still feel like you're missing important portions.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I just rented this on Amazon. It was a good watch.

just watched this and enjoyed it myself. these types of movies usually piss me off, but in this one, the brothers have their 'moments', which made me smile, and the main character has some acting skills. won't spoil it for anybody that hasn't watched it yet.