MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Richard Jewell

I didn't know much about this other than remembering it was a bombing. I was young and didn't care. At first I thought he did it, but I did read up on that part going in to the movie.

Dude from I, Tonya/Blakkklansman was born for this movie. They showed part of a real interview clip during the movie and he had dude down to a T.

Kathy Bates was great.

Clint Eastwood got his MAGA on as usual. He made sure to focus on the Georgia i.e. confederate flag in a couple of scenes. Also he did the journalist dirty, because she's dead and can't defend herself. He spit on her grave when it's never been documented that she did what the movie says. I think the Atlanta Journal Constitution is suing because of that.

I didn't know how to feel, because I didn't feel sorry for dude, because black people have been treated like this for decades. I also have a problem with calling him a hero, because dude was just sort of nutty and off. He did save people, but part of it was how he was wired. Maybe I felt sorry for him, because he was sort of slow and didn't know better.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
5df354c52a1a1.jpg

this should have been released in the theaters... :eek:

say what u want about Michael Bay that cac knows how to shoot some action sequences...:bravo:

thats shit with the magnet ... dope asf ...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Star Wars 9

Ummmmmm, it was ok :dunno:

I liked parts of it.

Some of it made little sense. JJ seemed to erase what we saw in part 8. It really could have been two movies.

Some of the CGI sucked. Like ol dude...the fighting in the sky...and the ol dude

They never built up Po for him to be a leader

I still don't understand Rae and how she's so powerful.

And when ol dude told her his plan like some corny tv cartoon villain....bruh

The call backs were sort of corny...and two of them looked like they were forced to do it. Like they were doing it held hostage.

I'll probably go see it again in another two weeks or so...it might grow on me...who knows

Star Wars 9

Ummmmmm, it was ok :dunno:

I liked parts of it.

Some of it made little sense. JJ seemed to erase what we saw in part 8. It really could have been two movies.

Some of the CGI sucked. Like ol dude...the fighting in the sky...and the ol dude

They never built up Po for him to be a leader

I still don't understand Rae and how she's so powerful.

And when ol dude told her his plan like some corny tv cartoon villain....bruh

The call backs were sort of corny...and two of them looked like they were forced to do it. Like they were doing it held hostage.

I'll probably go see it again in another two weeks or so...it might grow on me...who knows

I saw it yesterday I enjoued it its right up there with avengers end game. Yeah I said it:cool:

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Its been a while since I've posted in here. That's because I tried to work 2 jobs at one point. And had zero time for watching anything. Quit the job, then jumped to watch a few shows. Now I'm on vacation, I can watch some shit.

Netflix Charlie's angels (2000) Charlie's Angels Full Throttle(2003)

Netflix in the past few months has added a shit ton of 90's and early 2000's movies. And I like all of the choices they've added. Because there's a lot of shit I simply skipped over and didn't get to watch. With that being said. I thoroughly enjoyed both Charlie's Angels movies.

I remember the heavy promotion on MTV. The cast members made fun of the fact that the action and stunts were over the top. For that reason, that made me enjoy the movies. They didn't take themselves that seriously. Both stories are lame but. I still enjoyed the movies. There were stunts I was like "damn that shit gotta hurt". Overall I would recommend this if you wanted to kill some time or play it in the background as you clean the house.

Netflix Solomon Kane

This movie popped up on my requested viewing list. So I saved it for about a year. I finally watched it early in the morning, and I liked it. The story as the same as the other movies I've seen. But this was still interesting. I would recommend this movie.

Netflix Takers

I thought this was a very good movie. T.I.s and Chris Brown acting were a little bad. But overall I thought the movie was good.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AMERICAN WOMAN

A woman on a MEGA emotional rollercoaster !!

PRAISE: Sienna Miller as Debra Callahan is sensational.She's just a woman trying to get through life.Sure she's making bad decisions relationship wise and a personal tragedy is bringing her years of heartache but
i loved the character and her strength.She's like this great mix of Norma Rae and Claudine.
Miller receives wonderful support from her fellow cast members including:Christina Hendricks,Aaron Paul,Will Sasso,Pat Healy and Amy Madigan.
I definitely wont give away the twists and turns in the plot but the performances and the script,grabbed me,shook me up and kicked my ass !!
I got so involved i was begging the characters not to do certain things !!

PROBLEMS:NONE !!

Scale of 1-10 a 10+

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

That 6 minute prologue for TENET was amaz.....oh yeah ..uhhm Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

PRAISE: I have been a fan of everything and anything Star Wars for over 30 years now.Some of the films i have found to be absolutely perfect.Some i can take certain scenes and characters that were epic,but didnt care for the films as a whole.Unfortunately ROS falls into the latter.
What i liked about the film i thought they did a fine job with General Leia ( RIP Carrie Fisher).Her scenes were about 90 percent flawless.The cast including Daisy Ridley, Richard E. Grant, Joonas Suotamo, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Ian McDiarmid, Billy Dee Williams, , Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver,and Anthony Daniels do the best they can with the script they had to work with.
The CGI,Practical SFX and SFX are nearly flawless.John Williams score is as rousing as ever.
Some scenes hit all the right emotional chords.
I was only truly shocked by one scene...it was a nice surprise.

PROBLEMS:What's crazy and frustrating about this movie is the fact that a lot of whats in ROS should have been in The Last Jedi !!
Director J.J. Abrams was trying to right a ship caught between 2 hurricanes with this film.Sure there is fan service but some of it comes off as lackluster,coupled with plot holes that continue to tear away at Star Wars canon,things that were written in stone over 30 years ago !!
One revelation and the reaction to it was absolutely awful and awkward.
The writers just made to many alterations and just keep casting a shadow,over all the greatness that came before.
It's sad to say but im glad the Skywalker saga is over....well this part of it anyway.

Scale of 1-10 im stuck on a 6½ or 7

Queen & Slim

On the run.....but let's have some fun

PRAISE: Finally made it to the theatre to see this .....and i have to say this first....i wish people would work out their problems at home !!!
This couple sitting across from me argued with each other and the woman talked to the characters on the screen the entire friggin time !!!
Please STAY HOME and watch NETFLIX....DAMN !!
OK on to the review
Earnest "Slim" Hines(Daniel Kaluuya) and Angela "Queen" Johnson (Jodie Turner-Smith )on their way home from a TINDER date,get into an altercation with a cop and in self defense kill him and then hit the road together.
I thought the cast including :Bokeem Woodbine,Chloë Sevigny,Flea,and Sturgill Simpson did a fine job with the script they had to work with.
Some moments ring true,beautiful visuals and a wonderful soundtrack kept me off and on engaged.

PROBLEMS: I slowly but surely started to not take the movie seriously .It was mainly the scenes that were overdone,laced with over kill and what is this odd scene ?and why did the writing turn to this silly path?
I didnt warm up to the Queen character until the last 30 minutes of the film.You are on the run....and you want to argue about everything under the sun?!?!
I agree with the majority out there that have watched the film...i ABSOLUTELY hated the ending !!

Scale of 1-10 a 6

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Rampage 1,23 Netflix/Amazon prime

This movie popped up on my Netflix suggestions list. Netflix only has part 3. So I checked Amazon prime has the first 2 parts on there. Any ways, the plots to this trilogies is the main character is mad at the world and he don't trust the government. So he goes around killing people without warning.

Uwe boll directed these movies with the guy who's the main character Bill Williamson. In all honesty I think these movies are made to shock people. But this shit was flat out propaganda films for. Far right conspiracy theorist crazy CAC.

On the description for the 2nd and 3rd movies. They describe the main character as a antihero. Ain't nothing antihero about that psycho. He kills for no fucking reason. To cause him to randomly kill innocent people.

I really wouldn't recommend watching this. There really isn't a story here.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Bombshell

This is what I thought Vice(Dick Cheney movie) was going to be. It was informational, entertaining and funny. It added humor to try to tone down the seriousness of the subject matter.

The acting was excellent with John Lithgow, Charlize Theron and Margot Robbie. The makeup was better on some(Bill O'Reilly and Rupert Murdoch) than others. Geraldo and Gretchen Carlson looked sort of weird.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
AMERICAN WOMAN

A woman on a MEGA emotional rollercoaster !!

PRAISE: Sienna Miller as Debra Callahan is sensational.She's just a woman trying to get through life.Sure she's making bad decisions relationship wise and a personal tragedy is bringing her years of heartache but
i loved the character and her strength.She's like this great mix of Norma Rae and Claudine.
Miller receives wonderful support from her fellow cast members including:Christina Hendricks,Aaron Paul,Will Sasso,Pat Healy and Amy Madigan.
I definitely wont give away the twists and turns in the plot but the performances and the script,grabbed me,shook me up and kicked my ass !!
I got so involved i was begging the characters not to do certain things !!

PROBLEMS:NONE !!

Scale of 1-10 a 10+

Thanks for the recommendation. Very good role for Sienna Miller. Got to show off her dramatic acting chops quite well. I need to check for more of her work, as I haven't followed her career too closely for the past 10 - 15 years. Found the characters believable ... solid supporting roles for Hendricks, Madigan, Sasso, Paul, etc. Good to see Sasso in a dramatic role, as he's primarily known for his comedic chops. Have always enjoyed Madigan. And even fully clothed ... Christina Hendricks' big titties are always a pleasure in t-shirts and sweaters. Enjoyed the movie.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Ehhhh last decent flick I peeped was "21 Bridges" decent cop thriller but run of the mill. I'll go ahead and give my best and worst of 2019.

Best of 2019 for me:
Spider-Man: Far From Home highly entertaining
John Wick 3: Parabellum solid sequel
Glass: Surprising flick found it engaging kind of a lo-fi art house Avengers flick
Alita: Battle-Angel stunning attention to detail, world felt alive
X Men: Dark Phoenix guilty pleasure way better than I expected
Shazam! Surprisingly touching film

Cool but I wouldn't write home about 'em
Avengers: Endgame fun movie but the more I thought about it meh
Hobbs & Shaw fun but hey its Fast&Furious
Captive State okay but better as a SyFy network flick
Us interesting premise but parts of it were down right silly
Hellboy Imma keep this one close to my chest
Godzilla:KOM fun but forgettable
Shaft for the hell of it
Angel Has Fallen surprisingly good best of the series
Rambo:TLB one last ride
JOKER Good for one viewing
Gemini Man ehh its Will
Doctor Sleep surprisingly well done but not for everyone
IT:Chapter Two liked it better than the first Pennywise's origin was interesting

Absolute trash
Terminator Dark Fate Time for Arnold and this series to retire
Once Upon Time In Hollywood great performances wasted on an aimless movie
Captain Marvel Worst Marvel movie,great marketing and strong brand building saved this shit

Last edited:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HELLBOY

Hell on.....well everywhere

PRAISE : David Harbour as Hellboy easily steps into the big shoes of Ron Perlman and the shaved horned B.P.R.D. agent.
The practical SFX and CGI are outstanding .I was shocked i laughed so much throughout the movie.

PROBLEMS:What an ultra predictable script !! I couldnt wait for some scenes to end,with characters spitting out lines about what they were going to do and who or what they were going to kill and or destroy.Extremely repetitive moments.
A lot of wasted talent on the screen.
Watch it on cable and marvel at the SFX and CGI

Scale of 1-10 a 4

Men in Black: International

I told those producers at SONY not to make this movie !!

PRAISE:I loved every extreme close up shot of Tessa Thompsons lovely face and...oh yes she does a fine job as Molly Wright / Agent M.
I enjoyed some of the SFX and new aliens featured in the movie.A few laughs here and there.

PROBLEMS:When 50% of a movie is basically a copy and paste job it's very hard for me to stay focused on whats happening...i mean why should i care?
Same MIB fish out of water story...with bland characters or obnoxious ones like Rafe Spall as Agent C
Then throw in some predictable turns and my mind is off to what new beers i want to try later on.

Good for background noise please no more MIB ....SONY...IM BEGGING YOU !!

Scale of 1-10 a 4

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I saw a lot of shit...ummmmm. It was a good indie year for me.

Favorites
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
Joker
Parasite
The Lighthouse
The Art Of Self Defense
Bombshell
Waves
The Irishmen
Honey Boy
John Wick 3

Honorable Mention
Dark Waters
Knives Out
Ford vs Ferrari
Booksmart
If Beale Street Could Talk
Midsommar
Endgame

I still need to see Uncut Gems, 1917, JoJo Rabbit, Just Mercy and Marriage Story

Terrible movies
Terminator
Hellboy
Dark Phoenix
The Fanatic
Godzilla
Hobbs & Shaw

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Favorites
Joker
Parasite
The Lighthouse
Dark Waters
Bombshell
Waves
The Irishmen
Honey Boy
John Wick 3

Honorable Mention
Knives Out
Ford vs Ferrari
Booksmart
Midsommar
Endgame

I still need to see Uncut Gems, 1917, JoJo Rabbit, Just Mercy and Marriage Story

Terrible movies
Terminator
Hellboy
Dark Phoenix
The Fanatic
Godzilla
Hobbs & Shaw

Right on, fam'. Good assortment of movies. I saw Marriage Story earlier this month. Very well-acted and good supporting cast (notable names). Checked out Uncut Gems yesterday. Like others have said ... Sandler does well with the neurotic characters when he does drama (and not his go-to comedy). The final 30 minutes have plenty of good tension ... really enjoyed watching everything play out.

Gonna check out Ford V Ferrari soon. Probably this week or next.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
binged watched this over the holidays

such a good series

dark gritty and messed up

if you are a fan of true detective, i think you would like this

7.5/10

Right on. Yeah - have seen the 1st episode so far and we have it in our rotation to check out in the weeks ahead. Glad you enjoyed it!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Jojo Rabbit

Remember Springtime for Hitler ? .......welllllllll

PRAISE: This satire of Hitler Youth and bigotry seen through the eyes of Jojo (Roman Griffin Davis)
a gung ho but timid Hitler Youth member who looks to his imaginary friend "Hitler" for inspiration.
The talents of Davis and the entire cast which include :Thomasin McKenzie,Taika Waititi,Rebel Wilson,Stephen Merchant,Alfie Allen,Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansson helped me to gravitate towards the films themes which walk a very fine line between black comedy and drama
There are a lot of sight gags and humor but Director Taika Waititi wisely weaves in messages about the ignorance of hate,horrors of war,the agony of loss and how love and friendship can overcome prejudices.

PROBLEMS: The film takes it's time to get to the aforementioned great moments in fact i found the first 20 minutes to be extremely repetitive.

This film is definitely not for everyone but definitely worth your time if you have a thing for dark humor with heart.

Scale of 1-10 an 8

Movie was good.

The first 15 minutes I thought it was going to suck. I didn't find "Hitler" to be that funny, but he grew on me to be at least entertaining and not annoying.

First Baby Yoda and now my boy Yorkie....he came and stole the show

giphy.gif

Every time he came on the screen a smile came over my face. He was so funny, cute and adorable. When JoJo would see Yorkie, and get excited...in my head I was saying Yorkieeeeeee too :grin:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched Ford v Ferrari yesterday.

Really good role & performance from Bale.

Ford v Ferrari had its world premiere at the Telluride Film Festival on August 30, 2019, and was theatrically released in the United States on November 15 by 20th Century Fox. The film has grossed $202 million worldwide and received positive reviews from critics, who lauded the performances and racing sequences. It was chosen by the National Board of Review as one of the ten best films of the year, while Bale was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Drama and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role.[7][8]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Favorites
Joker
Parasite
The Lighthouse
The Art Of Self Defense
Bombshell
Waves
The Irishmen
Honey Boy
John Wick 3

Honorable Mention
Dark Waters
Knives Out
Ford vs Ferrari
Booksmart
Midsommar
Endgame

Terrible movies
Terminator
Hellboy
Dark Phoenix
The Fanatic
Godzilla
Hobbs & Shaw

I forgot The Art of Self Defense. That was dope also.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
GoldenEye 1995(James bond) Netflix

Tomorrow never dies 1997(James Bond) Netflix

I decided to check out the Pierce Brosnan James bond films on Netflix. I only saw parts of the films, but not in their entirety as a kid. I liked the first 2 films(there are 4 films overall). But when I got to the 3rd film, to me the film was boring. And then I stopped watching the films to watch the Netflix show Dracula. But ill give the film another try maybe next week. Overall I liked the first 2 movies. But I don't think ill watch them again.