Movie Discussion: CAPTAIN MARVEL (Spoilers) UPDATE: Sequel MARVELS has New Black female director!

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Damn...

See this is why the whole toxic sh*t continues...

They keep proving them right
I was talking to my best friend about this and had a revelation . . . These cacs are butt hurt about the MCU the same way they are about life.

We know in less than a decade Caucasians will be reduced to minority status and they don't have the birth rate to stave off that fact.

Now, coupled with that fact, they have to watch movies where the role they once dominated as the savior/hero, is being reduced to backup and sidekick status.

Captain Marvel got them butt hurt cause it's the final nail in the coffin!!!

:eek2:

Last year we had black panther but more importantly IMO the world was introduced to and fell in love with shuri (even calling her the new Disney princess)

This year we not only got officially introduced to captain Marvel we saw the future waiting in the guise of a young Monica Rambeau.

This shit fucking with they psyche on all levels.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Normally I like Marc's take but something about this review is off.

It seems like he was guarded and weighing every thought of his.

Than at the 12:14 mark he says the dumbest fucking shit in the world.

Even in reviews were he is trashing a movie he does it with insight on where they failed and what they could've done better. That insight is missing from this review ... Imo

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Normally I like Marc's take but something about this review is off.

It seems like he was guarded and weighing every thought of his.

Than at the 12:14 mark he says the dumbest fucking shit in the world.

Even in reviews were he is trashing a movie he does it with insight on where they failed and what they could've done better. That insight is missing from this review ... Imo

Does Marc not get this is a YOUNGER and DIFFERENT Fury?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
The girls i took loved it

I thought it was fine it wasnt perfect but it had some really really strong moments

Yeah I think all the criticism regarding her personality was unfounded. The only thing that bothered me was that she seemed to have facial expressions out of touch at times. Smiling all the time. She reminds me of my niece when she was younger. I think she will do ok in the role though. It's a movie I'd watch again and again. I really liked wonder woman, but I've only watched it maybe 2-3 times. I've watched justice league more than I've watched wonder woman.

I liked Talos. His voice reminded me of the guy that played the Mandarin in IM3. I actually checked imdb to see if it was the same guy or not.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah I think all the criticism regarding her personality was unfounded. The only thing that bothered me was that she seemed to have facial expressions out of touch at times. Smiling all the time. She reminds me of my niece when she was younger. I think she will do ok in the role though. It's a movie I'd watch again and again. I really liked wonder woman, but I've only watched it maybe 2-3 times. I've watched justice league more than I've watched wonder woman.

I liked Talos. His voice reminded me of the guy that played the Mandarin in IM3. I actually checked imdb to see if it was the same guy or not.

I'm not in love with her as Marvel. Something off i think it is her little awkward smile thing...

Her voice also is off.

But there are times in the film where she is close to perfect. Its weird, i have no idea who else to cast in that role.

But that black women and her daughter were great

Sam killed it.

The lead skrull was outstanding.

It wasnt a classic movie but those individual performances were STRONG.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://avn.com/business/articles/v...ow-casting-for-captain-marvel-xxx-826297.html

Wicked Comix, Axel Braun Now Casting for 'Captain Marvel XXX'

March 15, 2019 5:00 PM Entertainment - By

Peter Warren

LOS ANGELES—Wicked Comix announced today that pre-production has begun on director Axel Braun’s newest parody, Captain Marvel XXX: An Axel Braun Parody. Also in the works: a search for the actress who will play the lead character.

The big-budget project is the follow-up to the 2019 multi-award-winning movie Deadpool XXX: An Axel Braun Parody, recipient of four AVN Awards, including a ninth consecutive Best Parody award for Braun, and Best Actor honors for Seth Gamble’s uncanny portrayal of the Merc with a Mouth.

“I actually had been working for the past two months on a completely different parody,” Braun said. “But last week I went to see Captain Marvel on opening day, and ten minutes into the movie I just knew I had to do this, and I had to do it now.”

Now beginning its second week at the top of the box office and anchored by a spectacular performance by Academy Award-winning actress Brie Larson, Captain Marvel is already the most successful mainstream release of 2019, with global receipts expected to surpass $1 billion before the film leaves cinemas.

“It’s an absolutely perfect movie to parody!” Braun enthused. “I was so exhilarated after watching it that I left the theater, got in my car and literally wrote the treatment on my iPad in the parking lot. I cannot wait to start shooting it."

While characters and story details are still tightly under wraps, Braun is looking for a female performer whose acting ability and charisma can match her sexual prowess.

All licensed talent agencies have been notified and sent sides, so any performers looking to audition should reach out to their respective agents for details. Self-booking talent are welcome and encouraged to request sides by emailing casting@axelbraun.com. Submissions should then be sent to the same email address using the subject line: "Captain Marvel Audition”

“For the sides I picked a fairly long monologue, and probably not the easiest to memorize,” the director warned, “but this is going to be a very demanding role, and I want to make sure that whoever I choose will be able to really bring this character to life, and give me and the movie 110 percent. It all starts with showing me that they’re willing to take the time and put in the work for a killer audition. And if I see someone who’s great, but not right for this specific role, I will always remember them for future projects.”

Performers who previously won a role in a Braun movie with a video audition include Kleio Valentien, who ended up winning back-to-back Best Supporting Actress and Best Actress AVN Awards for her portrayal of Harley Quinn in Batman v Superman XXX and Suicide Squad XXX, and Avi Love, the star of the 2019 AVN Movie of the Year The Possession of Mrs. Hyde, and winner of the Best Boy/Girl Sex Scene AVN Award for the same movie.

Those interested in assuming the titular role in Braun's next blockbuster are also encouraged to peruse previous incarnations of Carol Danvers in all media, from classic comic books and graphic novels to such alternate resources as Ranker's Famous Women Who Almost Played Captain Marvel.

For domestic sales of Wicked Comix releases, contact Bonnie Kail at (800) 737-7838 or email bonnie@wickedpictures.com.

For international sales, contact Steven Vlottes at (818) 349-3593 or email mrvlottes@wickedpictures.com.

5c8c3b173764f-avn-captain-marvel.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Even in reviews were he is trashing a movie he does it with insight on where they failed and what they could've done better. That insight is missing from this review ...
dude - he went point by point for plot lines and scenes where he was emotionally cut off in the movie - and in each case gave ideas that he feels would have worked better

as for being guarded every critical review I've heard for this movie with exception of Midnights Edge (probably because it was a non american reviewer) has been guarded because of sexual politics etc

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Saw it Saturday and I enjoyed it. Its not close to being Marvels best solo film but overall its a good film it made me laugh countless times. It was surprising to see that the Skrulls not being the true villains in the film.
thats some ol Disney shit. . soften the movie so it will appeal to a wider audience.. . and at the same time keep the violence down

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
dude - he went point by point for plot lines and scenes where he was emotionally cut off in the movie - and in each case gave ideas that he feels would have worked better

as for being guarded every critical review I've heard for this movie with exception of Midnights Edge (probably because it was a non american reviewer) has been guarded because of sexual politics etc

OK we gotta unwrap that, cause I think you right on the money

It is palatable and very noticeable and makes me uncomfortable

I do NOT think women writer directors etc want THIS

You wanna be talked down to? Condescending? So the "girls" can't handle TOUGH criticism like the "boys"?

WTF is going on?

If you like the movie you like it... no grading on a curve.

If you don't?

Its just YOUR opinion... hopefully its honest and unbiased as possible

(now we do have to take into account MAYBE this movie is exposing a whole lot of women haters)

This is NOT like Black Panther... where I felt people were DELIBERATELY being contrarian just BECAUSE it was universally praised.

I even felt people were pretty FAIR with Wonder Women criticism as opposed to THIS stuff.

Some critics sound damn near AFRAID of saying the WRONG thing.

Male AND FEMALE critics.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
this guy is on point except for one thing Monica's story line isn't cosmic / space based
but Carol Danvers is - also if Brie starts thinking she deserves Robert Downey money there's an excellent story to either exit her with or turn into an epic trilogy of redemption

Boom boom boom

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Presales mean shit. Remember Star Solo Wars was beating black panther in presales? And it made about $80 million opening and $398 million worldwide and lost $200 million dollars for Disney.

Go checkout rotten tomatoes. The “want to see movies is at 27%” which is the lowest in Marvel History.

There is no way captain marvel is making $100 million opening. I know to many people that are skipping it and going to see end game

No way captain marvel does $150 million opening. Shit the last Spider-Man movie did $113 million max and Spider-Man is very popular marvel character.

Captain marvel is a nobody and nobody asked for this movie

Also they need to stop comparing this to black panther. Black panther was in civil war and he was the fan favorite and plus he was in the infinity war trailer. So you add the black audience and that’s how he did the $200 million opening.

Captain marvel has no real fans. Her comic was canceled 5 times.

You add the fact that the lead actress was walking shit about white males (which makes up 70% marvel audience) and there is a massive boycott. I can tell you this I deal with white nerd Fanboys all the time. They are very spiteful

Where is she getting the $150 million from again?

Venom is also a popular character and he barely made $80 million so how is captain marvel making double that ?

HandmadeHauntingEmperorshrimp-small.gif

1bb6bd1183764394.jpg

https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/d...l-domestic-1-billion-worldwide.1041935/page-3

Last edited:

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
outside of making a profit why does any fan give a shit one way or the other?

its completely bizzare seeing grown men take bets and argue over what numbers a movie is supposed to do

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Man this mediocre ass movie hit the billion dollar mark,Disney is smiling from ear to ear that this shit hit big. Blind ass luck and powerful and I do mean extremely powerful branding worked. Still can't wait for that "other" Marvel flick to drop though.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
This is where the MCU not being 100% tied to the comics fucks everything up.

Wanda and Pietro are supposed to be Magneto’s kids. But in the MCU they made it seem like they’re just some random kids that Hydra experimented on and they ended up with powers.

They both have different power sets that do not match the stone from which those powers came from.......the Mind Stone.

Carol Danver in the comics doesn’t get her powers from the Infinity Stones at all, but in the MCU...she gets get powers from the Tesseract which is the Space Stone.....but she’s described as being pure power.

some shit don’t make no sense to me... :dunno:

she still basically got her powers the same way. even though the tesseract was in the machine, it was still the machine, the psyche-magnetron that was destroyed giving her her powers when it blew up

lexdiamonnyc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
she still basically got her powers the same way. even though the tesseract was in the machine, it was still the machine, the psyche-magnetron that was destroyed giving her her powers when it blew up
right, but......in the MCU she’s not half Kree...well, not by birth like she was in the comics. So basically she happens to be some lucky human that somehow got powers from the Tesseract and didn’t die, so the Kree altered her DNA as a means to control her... :hmm:

they should’ve stuck to the comic origin, it could’ve worked perfectly in the MCU.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
right, but......in the MCU she’s not half Kree...well, not by birth like she was in the comics. So basically she happens to be some lucky human that somehow got powers from the Tesseract and didn’t die, so the Kree altered her DNA as a means to control her... :hmm:

they should’ve stuck to the comic origin, it could’ve worked perfectly in the MCU.

yeah but she does call herself a lot in the comics half kree but you are right but for them to have kept to the story, mar vell would have been captain marvel and a man