younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've never understood the hatred towards Charlotte. She's head and shoulders (literally) better than almost all the women and she knows it.
What is WWE supposed to do, not push her? Have her job to women she's clearly better than?
Yes, Aska can work but she has no promo ability. Sasha is charismatic, but fragile and injury-prone.
Becky Lynch may have been a flash in the pan. She'll get a big pop when she finally returns, but let's see how long that lasts.

Charlotte would embarrass almost all of the women on the AEW roster.
Asuka's Japanese promos are great. When they stopped having her read those scripted English ones her character finally developed. But I do realize in America, English heavy promos are desired. Becky shits all over Charlotte on the mic, that's her strength. She's just average wrestler, nothing flashy, but she's quick witted and can get the crowd behind her.

With that said. Charlotte should be the top dog. But she really doesn't pop the ratings so other than her abilities, I don't get why they continue to push her all the time.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I kind of wish there was a major American promotion that didn't go the storyline wrestling route and just did straight up pro-wrestling. Everything takes place in-ring, with some backstage interviews and promos.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Was watching old early Attitude era WWF videos today and came across the failed NWA Invasion stuff lead by Jim Cornette and Jeff Jarrett. Eventually Dan The Beast Severn joined in. Dude was a legit badass. He could mollywhop anyone in that roster.

If only he was booked better.

Dan was a straight shooter. He reminds me of the footage I have seen about Karl Gotch. Here is footage against an equally great Billy Robinson. Back then wrestling was more ring psychology and today's pro wrestlers could not hang in a shoot with the greats of the past.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This was what AEW was supposed to offer. Instead they became WWE Lite.

A straight up workrate wrestling promotion doesn't generate ratings. That's pretty much what ROH is. If AEW took that route their ratings wiould be in the toilet like NXT. The best bet is to have a little bit of everything on the show so everybody can have something to enjoy. That's what AEW does best. Having a show slanted all one way isn't the way to go.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
A straight up workrate wrestling promotion doesn't generate ratings. That's pretty much what ROH is. If AEW took that route their ratings wiould be in the toilet like NXT. The best bet is to have a little bit of everything on the show so everybody can have something to enjoy. That's what AEW does best. Having a show slanted all one way isn't the way to go.
I was just referring to what AEW originally announced; a sports based wrestling promotion.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Red Velvet did a solid job on the mic in this encounter. They need to feature her more. Britt Baker is starting to get too repetitive with the whole "D.M.D nonsense.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
First appearance by NWA Women's Champion Kamille on Dynamite. I don't understand why they would book Leyla Hirsch against her. Would love to see a Camille/Jade Cargill match down the road.

Jade isn't ready yet....She's Julia Hart status right now.

They are protecting the hell out of her to make sure when she is ready....she's going to take the belt from D.M.D.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Remove Excalibur. Addition by subtraction.

I like Excalibur because he's knowledgeable of moves and is well researched on the history of various wrestlers. He doesn't have the best voice and he's a geek but at least he knows his shit. My ideal announcing team would have Don Callis in the play by play spot.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
I'm not the only one who wants this just no time soon. They need to build Jade up a little bit more. She's still too green.

Jade will be a star one day.

AEW's women division is starting to show some promise. Thunder Rosa and Britt are great. Statlander and Tay Conti are coming along. Leyla looks good. I'll be looking to see how much Red Velvet has progressed. I believe they'll acquire Ruby Riott/Soho and Kiera Hogan. I think they'll be solid by next summer.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not the only one who wants this just no time soon. They need to build Jade up a little bit more. She's still too green.

This is a match that's destined to happen. I just want both of the get better in the ring. Both of their matches are formatted to highlight their size against their opponents. Unless they have time to work together and build some chemistry outside of working on TV, they'll be able to put on some great matches together.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP. One half of my favorite teams growing up.

Even as young kid watching wrestling through Kayfabe lense, I always rooted for the Midnight Express. A perfect mix of great wrestling and complete fuckery everytime that Jim Cornette was out there. My mom used to have a tennis racket and I would pretend to Jim when I wrestled with friends so I could hit them with it.

The only time was on the fence was when they were against the Road Warriors