gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I think Impact womens roster is the best in the U.S. (excluding Shimmer/Shine)

I dont follow impact but I can't imagine they have a roster as deep and talented across the 3 brands

Sasha
Charlotte
Bianca
Naomi
Becky
Asuka
Rhea
Io
Candice
Ember Moon
Bayley
Raquel
Xi Lee
Mercedes
Toni Storm

are just the names off the top of my head

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You aren't taking into account half the WWE audience who hardly see themselves get that shine on TV but for a few matches.

My daughter loves wrestling, especially the women's matches. I know my little girl isn't alone.

The Evolution PPV did poorly because there was no story or buildup.

A weekly show with its own contained story would work so long as WWE invested time and energy to it. Keep the champions and top competitors on Raw/Smackdown but the lesser talent, give them an outlet.

There are a lot of talented women under the WWE umbrella, and they could gain an audience, given the right circumstances.

Not saying it would do numbers, which is why I'm calling for it to be a streaming exclusive show, instead of airing on cable or broadcast.

Regardling Divas Show, you really can't compare a reality show that stars WWE womens wrestlers with a Women's Wrestling program. That really isn't a fair comparison.

A one hour or two hour weekly (streaming) wrestling show that gives the audience between 4-6 womens matches weekly would go a long way towards building up talent that can be on Raw/Smackdown representing the Women's division.

But didn't they try that with 205? This idea works until Vince realizes nobody fits his model wrestler.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
But didn't they try that with 205? This idea works until Vince realizes nobody fits his model wrestler.
Didn't Vince just fire/release his perfect model wrestler.
Vince has truly cross the line into senile old man.
If he isn't going to move out the way and let HHH and Steph take full control, he should at least sell it to them outright.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all mad about Naomi but they been doing Sasha the same way.

Only reason Sasha got some burn is because Vince knew he had to bring Bianca & Rhea up & had to have someone to take the lumps.

Watch when Sasha comes back, where she be at...

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Only reason Sasha got some burn is because Vince knew he had to bring Bianca & Rhea up & had to have someone to take the lumps.

She won't be jobbing like Naomi.

Sasha is a star. I like Naomi but people aren't paying to see her. Hollywood/Disney isn't casting her in Star Wars TV shows.

Sasha probably got two full years left in WWE before she goes full blown Hollywood and never looks back.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sasha is a star. I like Naomi but people aren't paying to see her. Hollywood/Disney isn't casting her in Star Wars TV shows.

Sasha probably got two full years left in WWE before she goes full blown Hollywood and never looks back.

Sasha is not a star, she had like A line between 3 episodes of a show, now she may be on the path, but she hasn't broken out yet

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sasha is not a star, she had like A line between 3 episodes of a show, now she may be on the path, but she hasn't broken out yet
She's not a star in the sense of being a Hollywood star, but she is a star in the wrestling business. That can't be denied.
I don't know if she'll be doing blockbuster films like The Rock, but I could see her down the line starring in some movies.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Sorry, but I just have reservations about the concept of an all women's program.
Yes, there are female fans such as your daughter but the older females tend to root for the men rather than the female wrestlers.
Even shows on streaming platforms like Peacock need to do some kind of numbers.
I'm sure AEW will try it (and it will probably flop). Something like that would be reserved for YouTube probably.

WWE's writing is too inadequate to make another show, let alone a women's show.

This is the same company within the last bout three months that had Nakamura and Ricochet stealing hats as two gimmicks running at the same time. Half of Bayley, Rhea, Alexa and Seth's promos consists of annoying laughter instead of valid points and witty banter. They just brought back Eva Marie last night to give her some sort of Pokemon trainer gimmick where she just throws this chick into battle and throws her hands up like she won. We're supposed to act like that woman wasn't a featured NXT UK wrestler, just like how we're supposed to forget Azeez wasn't Dabba Kato in Raw Underground last year, or that Apollo never spoke with any hint of an African accent his whole career.

And somehow they need a 4th show, where they need to come up with 5-6 more storylines for like the 12-15 women they have on the main roster?

Between all 3 shows, Roman is the only person who has decent writing, and that's because the writers don't write his story. It's like Vince, Bruce Pritchard, Heyman and Roman putting his storyline together. And MVP's segments are also good because he's a producer, so he has input in his shit.

Everybody else doesn't have that luxury so they gotta do their best with whatever goofy shit comes out of the writers room that gets a thumbs up from Vince. People don't like this goofy shit, therefore the answer shouldn't be to give people more of it.

They would have time on Raw and SD if they would stop double booking people, having people wrestle two matches on one show.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
havent watched Raw in a awhile
but not suprised Naomi jobbbed out

she has always been mistreated
but this is also a factor of how mismangaed and disrespected the Woman's division has been. There are basically 6 or 7 women on the Raw roster.

Rhea, Charlotte, Asuka, Bliss, Shana, Nia, Cross & Naomi. They dont have jobbers or level talent so of course their non-traditonally attracitve (non-white & blonde) like Naomi, Asuka & Shana end up doing the work. But Stephanie & company want to pat themselves on the back regarding how far Women's wrestling has come in the WWE when most women get wasted once they get called up from NXT

They have a performance center full of jobbers they can put in a quick 2-minute squash match to build up their stars. All they need to know is the basics - grapple, irish whip, hip toss, clothesline, do a moonsault and miss, take a finisher, eat a pin. They could sign some indie wrestlers to like a 10-day contract like the NBA, and have them work an extended squash match.

They could do something like that to build up Rhea, Charlotte, Asuka, Naomi and 'em, and then when they have their match at the PPV, it feels like a big deal because they haven't already done it 5-6 different ways before the PPV.

50/50 booking and jobbing out their stars makes everybody look weak, and it forces them to extend feuds because the people outside of the main feuds don't look like real contenders.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WWE's writing is too inadequate to make another show, let alone a women's show.

This is the same company within the last bout three months that had Nakamura and Ricochet stealing hats as two gimmicks running at the same time. Half of Bayley, Rhea, Alexa and Seth's promos consists of annoying laughter instead of valid points and witty banter. They just brought back Eva Marie last night to give her some sort of Pokemon trainer gimmick where she just throws this chick into battle and throws her hands up like she won. We're supposed to act like that woman wasn't a featured NXT UK wrestler, just like how we're supposed to forget Azeez wasn't Dabba Kato in Raw Underground last year, or that Apollo never spoke with any hint of an African accent his whole career.

And somehow they need a 4th show, where they need to come up with 5-6 more storylines for like the 12-15 women they have on the main roster?

Between all 3 shows, Roman is the only person who has decent writing, and that's because the writers don't write his story. It's like Vince, Bruce Pritchard, Heyman and Roman putting his storyline together. And MVP's segments are also good because he's a producer, so he has input in his shit.

Everybody else doesn't have that luxury so they gotta do their best with whatever goofy shit comes out of the writers room that gets a thumbs up from Vince. People don't like this goofy shit, therefore the answer shouldn't be to give people more of it.

They would have time on Raw and SD if they would stop double booking people, having people wrestle two matches on one show.
Wrestlers get repackaged every now and then, so I'm not mad about what they did with Apollo's new character.
It's way more entertaining than anything he did previously as an always smiling babyface.
That chick from NXT UK, I'm sure only the most hardcore of fans would know who she is (I have no clue who she is) so no big deal there having her repackaged.
The Raw Underground thing didn't stick around too long, so a lot of people may have already forgotten he was on there.

Yeah, the creative team in WWE is shit, but some of this also falls on the wrestlers.
A lot of them just don't have the personality or acting chops to pull off interesting characters and storylines.
They only know how to do the moves and that's it. Even on their social media, they're not that interesting and kind of boring.
Alexa Bliss is crying over her pet pig dying while she's supposed to be this possessed, demonic character on TV.
Even the guys who leave WWE for AEW and are "free to be themselves" barely have any interesting characters in AEW.

What makes wrestling great IMO are great characters and storylines. The actual wrestling in the ring is secondary.
It seems like that's all been flip flopped in today's wrestling, thus you have record low ratings across the board with only the most hardcore of fans tuning in.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wrestlers get repackaged every now and then, so I'm not mad about what they did with Apollo's new character.
It's way more entertaining than anything he did previously as an always smiling babyface.
That chick from NXT UK, I'm sure only the most hardcore of fans would know who she is (I have no clue who she is) so no big deal there having her repackaged.
The Raw Underground thing didn't stick around too long, so a lot of people may have already forgotten he was on there.

Yeah, the creative team in WWE is shit, but some of this also falls on the wrestlers.
A lot of them just don't have the personality or acting chops to pull off interesting characters and storylines.
They only know how to do the moves and that's it. Even on their social media, they're not that interesting and kind of boring.
Alexa Bliss is crying over her pet pig dying while she's supposed to be this possessed, demonic character on TV.
Even the guys who leave WWE for AEW and are "free to be themselves" barely have any interesting characters in AEW.

What makes wrestling great IMO are great characters and storylines. The actual wrestling in the ring is secondary.
It seems like that's all been flip flopped in today's wrestling, thus you have record low ratings across the board with only the most hardcore of fans tuning in.
One thing that covers the stink of bad writing and promos are Factions as WWE keeps moving away from Factions that is the best "Way" to hide a good worker who is terrible on the MIC. Yes the Pun was intended, think about the group Austin Theory/Indi Hartwell are terrible at Promos but being in the Way helped alot. The Hurt Business was great for Cedric and Sheldon. AEW is over doing the Factions every wrestler on the roster is part of one. There needs to be a fine balance but faction wars write themselves. They could even bring back the six man tag team championships

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One thing that covers the stink of bad writing and promos are Factions as WWE keeps moving away from Factions that is the best "Way" to hide a good worker who is terrible on the MIC. Yes the Pun was intended, think about the group Austin Theory/Indi Hartwell are terrible at Promos but being in the Way helped alot. The Hurt Business was great for Cedric and Sheldon. AEW is over doing the Factions every wrestler on the roster is part of one. There needs to be a fine balance but faction wars write themselves. They could even bring back the six man tag team championships
I was going to say, AEW has done the faction thing to death already.
WWE has never had a 6-man championship. There's talk AEW may have one soon.
I do agree putting some of these guys who aren't good on the mic in groups would help them get over.
You just have to make sure at least one guy in the group is VERY over with the fans already and can cut great promos.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was going to say, AEW has done the faction thing to death already.
WWE has never had a 6-man championship. There's talk AEW may have one soon.
I do agree putting some of these guys who aren't good on the mic in groups would help them get over.
You just have to make sure at least one guy in the group is VERY over with the fans already and can cut great promos.

I think Eli Drake(L.A. Knight) would be a good leader he overdoes it on the mike as a singles competitor but I think he would be great as a leader of a faction similar (Millonaire Boys Club) Bring EC3 back add Rude and Dolph Ziggler a bunch of pompous assholed they came into sudden wealth investing in Crypto Currency and now they think they own the world add Eva Marie as the female talent eye candy . They could immediately start a feud with Isaiah Scott and his hitrow (grimey street style) Somebody tell Triple H to call me I have a few ideas

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It seems like Sasha body can't sustain a championship run. She has the look they love. Naomi hasn't had those same injury problems.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Eli Drake(L.A. Knight) would be a good leader he overdoes it on the mike as a singles competitor but I think he would be great as a leader of a faction similar (Millonaire Boys Club) Bring EC3 back add Rude and Dolph Ziggler a bunch of pompous assholed they came into sudden wealth investing in Crypto Currency and now they think they own the world add Eva Marie as the female talent eye candy . They could immediately start a feud with Isaiah Scott and his hitrow (grimey street style) Somebody tell Triple H to call me I have a few ideas
The best mic guy they had in NXT was Pat McAfee and what do they do?
Take him off TV and stick him behind the desk on Smackdown as another over-produced commentator. :smh:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sasha to me is Cardi B on Love and Hip Hop...its only a matter of time before she ditches that shit and goes Hollywood probably sooner than later and she should.

To me Naomi is the female Kofi.

Solid in the ring, durable...always there.....I just find her to be...blah....I don't know what it is. I don't know if a heel turn would make her more interesting...I think she fits that mold of she seems like a good person....but I think it takes more than a good person to be interested in watching these people.

I want to see her win but I know its only temp.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The best mic guy they had in NXT was Pat McAfee and what do they do?
Take him off TV and stick him behind the desk on Smackdown as another over-produced commentator. :smh:
Are we sure McaFee didnt' want to do that? Seems like he was always going to have a limited role with his schedule right?

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are we sure McaFee didnt' want to do that? Seems like he was always going to have a limited role with his schedule right?
The schedule right now is pretty much the same for wrestlers and commentators, so I don't know how that would be a lighter schedule.
Unless he just didn't want to take any bumps.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I appreciate her work but Sasha goes too hard, she's thin and her body cant take all of the abuse.
Yeah I think that's where its at with her. Shit she gets a lot of time off from wrestling and still gets to carry the title so shit maybe the gig ain't the bad for her lol.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The schedule right now is pretty much the same for wrestlers and commentators, so I don't know how that would be a lighter schedule.
Unless he just didn't want to take any bumps.
Ok see I'm not familiar with how they do house shows...so McaFee is doing house shows and shit too?

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok see I'm not familiar with how they do house shows...so McaFee is doing house shows and shit too?
There are no house shows right now in WWE. It's just TV tapings.
They are starting up a "tour" next month, but I think the days of running house shows all the time non-stop may be over.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Sasha to me is Cardi B on Love and Hip Hop...its only a matter of time before she ditches that shit and goes Hollywood probably sooner than later and she should.

To me Naomi is the female Kofi.

Solid in the ring, durable...always there.....I just find her to be...blah....I don't know what it is. I don't know if a heel turn would make her more interesting...I think she fits that mold of she seems like a good person....but I think it takes more than a good person to be interested in watching these people.

I want to see her win but I know its only temp.

Perfect comparison. I never found Kofi entertaining either. Don't hate him, just not tuning in to see him specifically either.

Happy he had his run with the title and disappointed with how it ended, then again, the whole New Day schtick is beyond old and tired. Them mutherfuckas been dancing around for damn near 8 years....

I hope MVP makes Kofi more interesting....seemed like they may head in that direction.

While he's at it, MVP minus whale bring Naomi into the Hurt Business fold as well.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

what's funny is I love the Way
indi and theory had major holes but the team up has not only covered their flaws but helped develop their personalities.

the only reason Ced gets any tv time on Raw instead of Ricochet and Ali did for months on Main Event cause even with premature breakup he was elevated by the Hurt Business

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
what's funny is I love the Way
indi and theory had major holes but the team up has not only covered their flaws but helped develop their personalities.

the only reason Ced gets any tv time on Raw instead of Ricochet and Ali did for months on Main Event cause even with premature breakup he was elevated by the Hurt Business
Honestly, I find Cedric Alexander to be a more entertaining wrestler than Ricochet.

If I had to choose between the two, I'm watching Ced before a Ricochet match. Cedric can go. Ricochet and all his high flying flippy shit gets old fast. Plus he has no personality.

That promo Cedric did a few weeks ago on Shelton Benjamin when they broke up was better than anything Ricochet has ever done.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Perfect comparison. I never found Kofi entertaining either. Don't hate him, just not tuning in to see him specifically either.

Happy he had his run with the title and disappointed with how it ended, then again, the whole New Day schtick is beyond old and tired. Them mutherfuckas been dancing around for damn near 8 years....

I hope MVP makes Kofi more interesting....seemed like they may head in that direction.

While he's at it, MVP minus whale bring Naomi into the Hurt Business fold as well.
I'm saying though...I'm hoping this the route they go with them...they are slowly building this shit up with Kofi and I have a strong feeling they are doing this to end it on some face shit for Kofi where he ends up fighting Bobby I guess....

Man this shit just writes itself....Naomi and Kofi in Hurt Business would be good for everyone involved....

I wish they'd move on from Bobby v Drew......