younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, maybe y'all are right about the cutting Braun for his salary. BEFORE Nick Kahn, I don't think Vince would've let Braun go, but now that Kahn's in the picture, it seems like everything they've done or are about to do is about to be some type of money move, and however it affects Creative, it doesn't even matter.

Like I heard they're scouting new guys in the performance center to bring up to the main roster, or probably NXT and then call up NXT guys. It seems like the idea is to get rid of the big money contracts and fill out the roster by having a bunch of rookies on small contracts.

Clearly, WWE doesn't care about not putting out the best product, so they're just letting whoever go off into the wild. It's probably only Drew, Roman and Charlotte who are safe.
I'm sure on some level they do care. But they are still getting multi-million dollar tv contracts, even with falling ratings.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man....so I don't know if i'm just out of touch but Jake the Snake is one of the first wrestlers ever watched...my friend as a kid was watching wrestling and he put me on to Jake the Snake and I became a fan instantly...Never heard NONE of this shit about him....been watching wrestling since the mid 90's.....never knew.

This shit could've been a movie whether scripted or documentary I have a strong feeling they could've easily gotten 2 hours out of this story if they wanted to.

Shit they honestly should've started off with this episode as opposed to Brian Pullman even though that one was good too.

So my only question about the theory of him having his daughter killed is what's the motive?
Supposedly she was going to tell people about her dad molesting her and her sister.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also, any of y'all shocked that in 2021 Sami Zayn is still signed to the WWE?
Sami Zayn is a great talker and good enough worker to stick around.
He's sometimes too outspoken off camera and I think there was some heat on him when he didn't want to work at the height of the pandemic.
Other than that, not shocked he's still around.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
He's sometimes too outspoken off camera and I think there was some heat on him when he didn't want to work at the height of the pandemic.
Sami is an excellent heel. His promos and even his appearance (bushy red headed Fidel Castro wardrobe) is a great heel look annoys audiences.

I hate when he's on. For the right reasons.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Normally I'll ride with Booker as a black legend in wrestling but what da hell is he talking about here lol. Aleister was literally different than the rest of the cookie cutter roster, had a memorable finisher(i can't tell you the name of 5 other finishers) and as far as the dark gimmick not working. . Queue The Undertaker

Aleister Black was one of the six Superstars released by WWE on Wednesday. Seeing the former NXT Champion get cut so suddenly came as a shock to many, given that he had just debuted a new heel persona on Friday Night SmackDown mere weeks ago and was poised for a feud with Big E. Black, now reverting back to his old wrestling name Tommy End, went into detail during a Twitch stream hours later about how thankful he was for the years spent in WWE and how optimistic he is about the future. Fans have shared that sentiment, but one person who doesn't appear to be impressed by Black is WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.

"You can't give a guy intro, give him a black gimmick, a dark robe, and go out there and become a star," Booker said (h/t Cultaholic). "You know, you put him on that thing [mimicks Aleister Black's entrance]. The thing is, it did look cool. But understand, you just can't get that gimmick and think because of the smoke and mirrors, you're going to go out there and get over.

"Aleister Black is a good worker, but I'm looking for [a] guy that's 'talent'. I'm looking for [a] guy that's going to go out and do things totally different than everybody else on the roster," he continued. "Aleister Black had his MMA get-up, his kung fu, karate, Black Mass for the finisher. I get it. But, for me, Aleister Black was a guy that didn't set himself apart from the rest of the guys in the locker room."

It was that last line that caused outrage from fans over on Twitter. You can see some of their reactions below:

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Normally I'll ride with Booker as a black legend in wrestling but what da hell is he talking about here lol. Aleister was literally different than the rest of the cookie cutter roster, had a memorable finisher(i can't tell you the name of 5 other finishers) and as far as the dark gimmick not working. . Queue The Undertaker

Aleister Black was one of the six Superstars released by WWE on Wednesday. Seeing the former NXT Champion get cut so suddenly came as a shock to many, given that he had just debuted a new heel persona on Friday Night SmackDown mere weeks ago and was poised for a feud with Big E. Black, now reverting back to his old wrestling name Tommy End, went into detail during a Twitch stream hours later about how thankful he was for the years spent in WWE and how optimistic he is about the future. Fans have shared that sentiment, but one person who doesn't appear to be impressed by Black is WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.

"You can't give a guy intro, give him a black gimmick, a dark robe, and go out there and become a star," Booker said (h/t Cultaholic). "You know, you put him on that thing [mimicks Aleister Black's entrance]. The thing is, it did look cool. But understand, you just can't get that gimmick and think because of the smoke and mirrors, you're going to go out there and get over.

"Aleister Black is a good worker, but I'm looking for [a] guy that's 'talent'. I'm looking for [a] guy that's going to go out and do things totally different than everybody else on the roster," he continued. "Aleister Black had his MMA get-up, his kung fu, karate, Black Mass for the finisher. I get it. But, for me, Aleister Black was a guy that didn't set himself apart from the rest of the guys in the locker room."

It was that last line that caused outrage from fans over on Twitter. You can see some of their reactions below:
No one had issues with Alister's performance and talent in NXT and he was a fan favorite....

the fuck is he talking about?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sami is an excellent heel. His promos and even his appearance (bushy red headed Fidel Castro wardrobe) is a great heel look annoys audiences.

See I'm the opposite. I just see him as a face doing the best he can as a heel...I just feel indifferent about him. Not saying he should be released I'm just shocked he hasn't. Seems like WWE likes to get rid of those guys.

He's just that guy for me personally that I don't mind but he doesn't get a reaction out of me. I'm just shocked he's outlasted Aleister Black and Braun STrowman....seems like WWE always suffers on what to do with him as far as his status in the company.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah I normally agree with Booker but he's off based here. Booker is talking like that type of stuff he's describing are the guys WWE don't put over. Booker might be confusing Black with another wrestler.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Yeah I normally agree with Booker but he's off based here. Booker is talking like that type of stuff he's describing are the guys WWE don't put over. Booker might be confusing Black with another wrestler.
I see Bookers comments as far as Black's marketing value.

Black was a heavily tattooed white guy with a beard.....

WWE has/had a ton of those.

Plus, mentioned it earlier, he's not the type a guy a publicly traded company can market as their face of the company .

Last edited:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No one had issues with Alister's performance and talent in NXT and he was a fan favorite....

the fuck is he talking about?
Alister is overly satanic with his look as opposed to anything the Undertaker ever did.
Undertaker pretty much became a living cartoon character.
I can understand reluctance to really push a guy with Alister's look.
He'll always have his fanbase (like he did in NXT), but he'll never be that mega star that's in the mainstream.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered

Plus, mentioned it earlier, he's not the type a guy a publicly traded company can market as their face of the company .
This is what motivated the releases......

Ruby Riott and Alister Black does not represent the "Disney" model
Lana's love of "sexy" instagram posts does not represent the "Disney" model.....plus Miro and AEW pretty much rubs the WWE the wrong way
Braun Strowman's contract.......absolutely does not represent the "Disney" wallet and model.
Santana Garret's posts of being a Blue lives matter/Trump loving and posting Fuck Biden pics.....does not represent the "Disney" model

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I can see if we talking about main eventers.....but Black couldn't even get a mid card title run?

And i'd probably say Raw's Women title holder doesn't really have the marketable look either.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I can see if we talking about main eventers.....but Black couldn't even get a mid card title run?

And i'd probably say Raw's Women title holder doesn't really have the marketable look either.
I feel you, but does Rhea Ripley make appearances the way Charlotte did? Bray Wyatt/The Fiend didn't make appearances like other WWE champions either.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Who woulda thought that the mute, lucha libre masked guy would turn out to be a great talker and promo. And that the quintessential babyface everywhere that he's been including NXT would turn out to be an effective heel. He's even slowed down his style in the ring to fit his character and being a heel. Salute to him because he could have easily fallen to the waistside and gotten released.

Don't know what the fuck Booker T is talking about. Everything from Black's look, image and style in the ring set him apart from most of the guys in the locker room. He didn't need to be the face of the company but could have easily stayed relevant as a face or heel in the mid card or higher.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
I feel you, but does Rhea Ripley make appearances the way Charlotte did? Bray Wyatt/The Fiend didn't make appearances like other WWE champions either.
It looks like the WWE is looking at people with tattoos that are not family friendly.

Bray & Rhea are on the clock. While they're are others that have tattoos like Randy... They are not excessive as those two. Look at Black and Ruby Riot.,.

The WWE's selling point is family friendly and they are looking at everyone that isn't.