0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The sad thing is last night was a WWE PPV and the most recent things posted in this thread are classic promos

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
The sad thing is last night was a WWE PPV and the most recent things posted in this thread are classic promos

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Today's product especially the WWE is shit and uninspiring. FACTS. People want to see wrasslin' which was fun and entertaining. Not the sanitized corporate model with acrobat stunts and scripted promos.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Today's product especially the WWE is shit and uninspiring. FACTS. People want to see wrasslin' which was fun and entertaining. Not the sanitized corporate model with acrobat stunts and scripted promos.

Vince hates old school 'wrasslin' to his very core. His business model has always been to be the opposite of that.
Today's product is just a continuation of that philosophy.

Wrestling is going to suffer right now. Crowds are just as important as the wrestlers.....you don't have a great match without a great crowd.
And the TV ratings have reflected just that.
Ratings are hitting all-time lows despite the fact that everyone has been locked in the house and with no competition from sports on TV.
They should have used this time to do a reset of everything (since they don't have an off season) and come back when they can have crowds again.
I get that may have presented issues with their TV contract, but still people are tuning out in record numbers because wrestling in front of no crowds doesn't present well on TV.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vince hates old school 'wrasslin' to his very core. His business model has always been to be the opposite of that.
Today's product is just a continuation of that philosophy.

And the TV ratings have reflected just that.
Ratings are hitting all-time lows despite the fact that everyone has been locked in the house and with no competition from sports on TV.
They should have used this time to do a reset of everything (since they don't have an off season) and come back when they can have crowds again.
I get that may have presented issues with their TV contract, but still people are tuning out in record numbers because wrestling in front of no crowds doesn't present well on TV.
Yeah me this would've been the time to try new shit. We know that's not their MO but you kind of get the pass now to do some shit that you've never done. Try it out. They won't do it though and instead give us this C level shit.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another thing is the talent level doesn't seem right. I see a lot of mid-level talent but where are the wrestlers they've been pushing? Its basically 3 or 4 guys. And then you got Kevin Owens on a pre-show helping out Apollo Crews? Smh.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another thing is the talent level doesn't seem right. I see a lot of mid-level talent but where are the wrestlers they've been pushing? Its basically 3 or 4 guys. And then you got Kevin Owens on a pre-show helping out Apollo Crews? Smh.
It's probably because now they can only have so many people at a time at each show (another reason they should take a break) and a lot of content has to be taped in advance. For example, most (if not all) of the PPV last night was taped well in advance.
So you'll see a group of guys on Raw one week and in two weeks don't see them again because they weren't at the taping.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's probably because now they can only have so many people at a time at each show (another reason they should take a break) and a lot of content has to be taped in advance. For example, most (if not all) of the PPV last night was taped well in advance.
So you'll see a group of guys on Raw one week and in two weeks don't see them again because they weren't at the taping.
Understood....but they can’t find room for Bray? And how you have DB and AS fight for the title on Smackdown? I get the need for ratings but damn. Brawn match was a joke.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Understood....but they can’t find room for Bray? And how you have DB and AS fight for the title on Smackdown? I get the need for ratings but damn. Brawn match was a joke.
Bray has a newborn at home. Probably doesn't wanna risk exposing his child to the virus.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sasha been on a new level of late

ZHl2Lt6.gif
It's almost like unlocking a character in their video game. Like a special version of Sasha Banks. One that seduces wrestlers in the storylines but also has a 90+ rating. You wanna play with it just to see how far you can go. And yes, by "it" I mean her pussy while she wearing the blue wig

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
I never understood Mongo in wrestling... At all!

Where is Jeff Jarrett now? I guess I'll Google it too... (edit-he's back with the WWE)

Last edited:

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
Another old school goody. Even though Nikita was a heel he gained fans for this. David Crockett was a well known Flair brown noser. Crockett did sustain real injuries from this also. At 1:34 in Ivan removes Crockett's finger from his chest. At 2:50 in Crockett gets his head knocked off. Watch the Barbarian and Paul Jones in the ring reaction. :lol:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Another old school goody. Even though Nikita was a heel he gained fans for this. David Crockett was a well known Flair brown noser. Crockett did sustain real injuries from this also. At 1:34 in Ivan removes Crockett's finger from his chest. At 2:50 in Crockett gets his head knocked off. Watch the Barbarian and Paul Jones in the ring reaction. :lol:

Tony Schiavone""Oh my goodness. Somebody check on David Crockett. Oh no."

Had than been Jim Ross commenting he'd be "AWW MY GOD,WHAT THE HELL...GET SOME MEDICAL ATTENTION OUT HERE FOR DAVID..THERE WAS NO CALL FOR THAT AT ALL!!!" :roflmao2:

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
One of my all time favorite WWF beatdowns. Curt Henning on heel commentary really sold this :lol: . Months later Vince would feel Nailz wrath for real backstage over money.

i just peeped that...but did the big boss man have a confederate emblem on his right shoulder...if so he got off easy
:roflmao2:

WWE struck gold with heel commentaries back in the the brian, the body and mr perfect (who i forgot about doing commentary)

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
i just peeped that...but did the big boss man have a confederate emblem on his right shoulder...if so he got off easy
:roflmao2:

WWE struck gold with heel commentaries back in the the brian, the body and mr perfect (who i forgot about doing commentary)

The heel commentary is what made the then WWF great back in the 80s and 90s. I was always a NWA and territory guy as far as wrestling goes, but the WWF had the best commentary teams. Don't forget about Jerry Lawler in his WWF stint on commentary. He used to roast people badly.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
The heel commentary is what made the then WWF great back in the 80s and 90s. I was always a NWA and territory guy as far as wrestling goes, but the WWF had the best commentary teams. Don't forget about Jerry Lawler in his WWF stint on commentary. He used to roast people badly.

Jerry became too much of caricature for alot of his run
but he was the 1st heel commentary i truly hated when he beefed with Bret. Bret was my all time favorite at the time and king made him kiss his feet

but maybe i was contrarian but i never fucked with Hogan like that and fucked with Bobby and the Body... the King not so much

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
My two favorite Bobby Heenan's lines I'll never forget are "Marty Janetty tried to escape through the window like a coward." The other I think was about a baby face had their ribs taped and as the heel was taking off the bandages Heenan said "He should take off the bandages. He might get a rash." Gorilla said that was the dumbest thing he ever heard.
:lol: