clayizaiken

Star
Registered
Press Release
: TNA iMPACT! Moving to Monday Nights On 3/8
By Michael Bluth
Feb 15, 2010 - 4:14:52 PM

Following this afternoon's press conference announcing that iMPACT! is moving to Monday nights starting March 8th, TNA Wrestling sent out the following press release with quotes from Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter and Spike TV President Kevin Kay:

“TNA iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV MOVES TO MONDAY NIGHTS BEGINNING MARCH 8

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling’s Flagship Series Will Air Live Every Other Week From
Universal Studios In Orlando, Fl.

New York, NY, February 16, 2010 – “TNA iMPACT!,” Spike TV’s highly-rated two-hour weekly series, is moving from Thursday nights to Monday nights beginning Monday, March 8 (9:00-11:00pm ET/PT), it was announced today by TNA President Dixie Carter and legendary pop culture icon Hulk Hogan at a press conference at the “TNA iMPACT! Zone” at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

“TNA iMPACT!” will air live on March 8, with subsequent telecasts live every other week. The series features many of the biggest names in wrestling including Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley and Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, as well as the hottest young talent in the industry: TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe and “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan.

The first ever Monday live “TNA iMPACT” broadcast on Spike TV, ran as a three-hour special head-to-head against WWE RAW on Monday, January 4, 2010, and drew a franchise-record 2.2 million viewers. Two wrestling companies have not broadcast head-to-head weekly since the “Monday Night Wars” in the late 1990’s between WWE and WCW.

“On January 4 wrestling fans showed us they’re ready for a new professional wrestling alternative on Monday nights, and we’re answering that call. Bringing ‘iMPACT!’ to Mondays is our most exciting move yet in a year that’s already been filled with huge milestones for TNA” said Carter.

"Monday nights are now officially the best night of the week to be a fan of professional wrestling," Hogan said. "My mantra has been 'change is coming' since partnering with Dixie Carter and TNA Wrestling. This change is great for the business and all fans of professional wrestling will benefit because of it."

"TNA iMPACT! has emerged as one of cable's top performers with young men, said Spike TV President Kevin Kay. "With NFL Football off the television schedule and with "TNA iMPACT’s" expanding roster of top wrestling talent, we see this as an opportunity to tap into the millions of wrestling fans on Monday nights."

Since its founding in 2002, Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has become the world’s fastest growing professional wrestling company, currently airing in over 120 countries worldwide.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/6430.html

clayizaiken

Star
Registered
Press Release
: TNA iMPACT! Moving to Monday Nights On 3/8
By Michael Bluth
Feb 15, 2010 - 4:14:52 PM

Following this afternoon's press conference announcing that iMPACT! is moving to Monday nights starting March 8th, TNA Wrestling sent out the following press release with quotes from Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter and Spike TV President Kevin Kay:

“TNA iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV MOVES TO MONDAY NIGHTS BEGINNING MARCH 8

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling’s Flagship Series Will Air Live Every Other Week From
Universal Studios In Orlando, Fl.

New York, NY, February 16, 2010 – “TNA iMPACT!,” Spike TV’s highly-rated two-hour weekly series, is moving from Thursday nights to Monday nights beginning Monday, March 8 (9:00-11:00pm ET/PT), it was announced today by TNA President Dixie Carter and legendary pop culture icon Hulk Hogan at a press conference at the “TNA iMPACT! Zone” at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

“TNA iMPACT!” will air live on March 8, with subsequent telecasts live every other week. The series features many of the biggest names in wrestling including Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley and Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, as well as the hottest young talent in the industry: TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe and “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan.

The first ever Monday live “TNA iMPACT” broadcast on Spike TV, ran as a three-hour special head-to-head against WWE RAW on Monday, January 4, 2010, and drew a franchise-record 2.2 million viewers. Two wrestling companies have not broadcast head-to-head weekly since the “Monday Night Wars” in the late 1990’s between WWE and WCW.

“On January 4 wrestling fans showed us they’re ready for a new professional wrestling alternative on Monday nights, and we’re answering that call. Bringing ‘iMPACT!’ to Mondays is our most exciting move yet in a year that’s already been filled with huge milestones for TNA” said Carter.

"Monday nights are now officially the best night of the week to be a fan of professional wrestling," Hogan said. "My mantra has been 'change is coming' since partnering with Dixie Carter and TNA Wrestling. This change is great for the business and all fans of professional wrestling will benefit because of it."

"TNA iMPACT! has emerged as one of cable's top performers with young men, said Spike TV President Kevin Kay. "With NFL Football off the television schedule and with "TNA iMPACT’s" expanding roster of top wrestling talent, we see this as an opportunity to tap into the millions of wrestling fans on Monday nights."

Since its founding in 2002, Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has become the world’s fastest growing professional wrestling company, currently airing in over 120 countries worldwide.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/6430.html

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered
I disagree. TNA isn't a well run company. It is always in botchamania in Youtube.

The reason why I say that is Vince is too predictable. Always the same people in the same main events. The title changes hands from John Cena to HHH to Edge to Undertaker to Randy Orton. It's been like that for the past 5 years.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Jericho hold the title again. He wastes true talent.

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
The reason why I say that is Vince is too predictable. Always the same people in the same main events. The title changes hands from John Cena to HHH to Edge to Undertaker to Randy Orton. It's been like that for the past 5 years.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Jericho hold the title again. He wastes true talent.

And yet he still runs everything, i want tna to become competition but they're gonna get sick of hogan's act real quick.

I didn't watch raw tonight but i read that it was one of the worst in a long time.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I disagree. TNA isn't a well run company. It is always in botchamania in Youtube.

TNA does all right but they have too many non-wrestling people in positions of power (Dixie, Russo, now Bisch) while people who've been in the business in various capacities for decades have little stroke (Terry Taylor) or been fired (Jim Cornette, Dutch Mantel).
Botchamania is nice and funny but there have always been blown spots but now every show is on national tv.

It's over for Vince. Unless he truly pulls something to bring in the old school fans.

Vince hates old school fans. His company will continue to spin it's wheels unless they get some competition or Vince dies. TNA moving to Mondays might be just the spark. They can pretend Hogan going to TNA didn't get them talking to Bret Hart but that's too much coincidence. When ROH got a Monday night show on little seen HDNet, WWE immediatedly signed their top two guys, Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness (who ended up Desmond Wolfe in TNA), so I expect him to go after TNA real hard.

Punk looked like he was going to be a breakthrough guy, like MVP did the year before. Somehow Sheamus and Drew McIntyre have leapfrogged both of them and Matt Hardy.

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
TNA does all right but they have too many non-wrestling people in positions of power (Dixie, Russo, now Bisch) while people who've been in the business in various capacities for decades have little stroke (Terry Taylor) or been fired (Jim Cornette, Dutch Mantel).
Botchamania is nice and funny but there have always been blown spots but now every show is on national tv.

Nah fam u crazy. Bischoff gets it. He was the best thing to happen to WCW. You can't blame him for the downfall. And Dixie has no power, she just owns it. And Russo is the reason why the three months before Hogan took over were so good.

Punk looked like he was going to be a breakthrough guy, like MVP did the year before. Somehow Sheamus and Drew McIntyre have leapfrogged both of them and Matt Hardy.

Both of those two guys are HHH's buddies that's why. Look at Pope in TNA, nigga is a fuckin star. They dropped the ball. Even Kennedy is looking good.

FUCKYOU

Cripto millonario vampiro
BGOL Investor
raws ending was sick last night! ortin is the shit!!! i fucks with cody 2... sean michaels is a old fart!!! and that bret hart skit stunk!!! tna is kinda corny here lately.. it was better before hogan came

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered

Desmond Wolfe was the new Irish Monster of TNA....so Vince fired back with two of his own, both with titles. TNA had an unstoppable Samoan wrestler, Samoa Joe. Vince fired back with Umaga, but never gave him a world title reign. I've always wondered why Matt Hardy never got a title run. I think he maybe had the IC title. CM Punk's character is becoming interesting with the Straight Edge Society. It kind of reminds me of Right to Censor with a hint of "The Flock."

raws ending was sick last night! ortin is the shit!!! i fucks with cody 2... sean michaels is a old fart!!! and that bret hart skit stunk!!! tna is kinda corny here lately.. it was better before hogan came

Shawn Micheals is 44 years old. His body is wrecked. His eyes are crossed from so much damage. His hair is falling out...he has a big ass bald patch in the front. He needs to gracefully bow out and retire. He's one of the greatest ever. The DX faction is old and worn out. In 1998 - 1999, DX was the shit, now it's like....meh. HBK should retire and work backstage, or as a manager to a new upstart.

Cody has been impressive as of late, as well as Ted Dibiase Jr. I think Legacy is gonna ditch Randy soon because Randy may be heading towards another face run.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Nah fam u crazy. Bischoff gets it. He was the best thing to happen to WCW. You can't blame him for the downfall. And Dixie has no power, she just owns it. And Russo is the reason why the three months before Hogan took over were so good.

Bischoff does not get it. He's got some real strengths: he books the smaller guys well and he's a great tv producer but he seems to have learned nothing from the end of WCW. He, and Hogan, seemed to have not watched any TNA before they got involved and it's made the transition process long and the missteps huge. In a perfect wrestling company, he would control the tv production and Jim Cornette would be in a creative capacity.
Dixie has all of the power but her being a non-wrestling person, she's been fooled by Russo and Bischoff and they're past success but knowing little about their past failures.
I can't give Russo but so much credit for the good booking that was happening at the end of the year. When they made the Hogan announcement, they went into a holding pattern, similar to WCW when Turner bought them and when Hogan arrived there. For WCW, they went to Flair-Steamboat, TNA went with AJ, Daniels, and Joe. Russo was still blowing good pushes and angles, like the way he abruptly ended Foley-Abyss after some good mic work and one match. The sudden end to Matt Morgan's push after a really good match with Kurt Angle. That guy has some real strengths too but he can't recognize his weaknesses (and they are glaring)and he's no longer working for a person who can, as opposed to Vince McMahon.

Both of those two guys are HHH's buddies that's why. Look at Pope in TNA, nigga is a fuckin star. They dropped the ball. Even Kennedy is looking good.

Pope is amazing. I thought WWE missed out when they let him go. I was absolutely shocked when his name came out on the Released list. But to see what TNA has done with him has been incredible and it's even better that Hogan and Bischoff have continued his push. He can wrestle and he can talk. He reminds me a lot of a young Dusty Rhodes or Thunderbolt Patterson. Add him in the main event mix with AJ, Joe, Kurt, and Desmond Wolfe and they have 8 months of great main events.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Desmond Wolfe was the new Irish Monster of TNA....so Vince fired back with two of his own, both with titles. TNA had an unstoppable Samoan wrestler, Samoa Joe. Vince fired back with Umaga, but never gave him a world title reign. I've always wondered why Matt Hardy never got a title run. I think he maybe had the IC title. CM Punk's character is becoming interesting with the Straight Edge Society. It kind of reminds me of Right to Censor with a hint of "The Flock."

The way they've done Matt Hardy is a damn shame. That guy is one of the most popular guys on that roster,even though they treat him like shit and job him out at every turn. The least they could have done was give him a decent IC run and let him put over some young guy like Morrison but he's been bypassed by guys who haven't shown half the ability and durability.
Punk's awesome and playing his natural role of smarmy, self-righteous heel like he did in ROH. They should give him a strong faction but I don't think they do factions anymore (unless it's got HHH in them).

Shawn Micheals is 44 years old. His body is wrecked. His eyes are crossed from so much damage. His hair is falling out...he has a big ass bald patch in the front. He needs to gracefully bow out and retire. He's one of the greatest ever. The DX faction is old and worn out. In 1998 - 1999, DX was the shit, now it's like....meh. HBK should retire and work backstage, or as a manager to a new upstart.

Shawn's old but he can still work and is at that point in his career when he should be putting guys over. Screw Cena and Orton, Michaels could carry Sheamus to such a good match that Sheamus would look great and look like a great champ instead of a placeholder going through the motions. He and HHH should give up the "DX as a couple teenage boys" gimmick. You're 40+ year old fathers and husbands, grow up and give up the juvenile schtick.

Cody has been impressive as of late, as well as Ted Dibiase Jr. I think Legacy is gonna ditch Randy soon because Randy may be heading towards another face run.

Rhodes and Dibiase could have been great but they booked them to be Randy's bitches for the last year so now who cares what they do. Randy just beat both of them up at the Royal Rumble. C'mon! Flair would have never done that to Arn and Tully. Hogan never would do that to Hall and Nash. Legacy could have been a great steppingstone for Cody and Ted Jr. but it's going to take a lot for an audience to take them seriously. Same problem with Kofi Kingston.
Whether they want to or not, the fans are demanding them to flip Randy. If it's makes his wrestling better, I'm all for it.

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered
Rhodes and Dibiase could have been great but they booked them to be Randy's bitches for the last year so now who cares what they do. Randy just beat both of them up at the Royal Rumble. C'mon! Flair would have never done that to Arn and Tully. Hogan never would do that to Hall and Nash. Legacy could have been a great steppingstone for Cody and Ted Jr. but it's going to take a lot for an audience to take them seriously. Same problem with Kofi Kingston.
Whether they want to or not, the fans are demanding them to flip Randy. If it's makes his wrestling better, I'm all for it.

I agree, factions are very iffy. Some are great, yet ignored. Look at Triple X in TNA....I don't know about anyone else, but I was a huge fan of them Elix Skipper is one of the greatest african american wrestlers to come out in a long time, and they shit all on em. They did to him what Vince is doing to Shelton Benjamin. Fallen Angel and Low-Ki are both good in their own right as well. Remember Natural Born Thrillers? That was a great faction, except for Shawn Stasiak. TNA had the best "Team Canada" of them all. 3 Live Crew was ........meh...Ron Killings (R.Truth) was the star of that group, hands down.

Kofi Kingston has been on a downward spiral as of late. He went from having the US title, to jobbing. WTF?

Miz, who is decent on the mic, sucks in the ring. And now he's a tag champion again. Big Show needs another world title run.

Undertaker, in my opinion, is another wrestler who needs to retire. They say he's been working on a bad hip for almost a year. He should win one more Wrestlemania, and retire with his undefeated streak at 18-0.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is TNA giving Hogan, Nash, Pac, Hall and all them old ass niggas that much face time? Seriously? I just cringe everytime they're on screen because I saw this shit when they were in their 20's and 30's. Now they're in their 40's and 50's and shit just looks corny.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I agree, factions are very iffy. Some are great, yet ignored. Look at Triple X in TNA....I don't know about anyone else, but I was a huge fan of them Elix Skipper is one of the greatest african american wrestlers to come out in a long time, and they shit all on em. They did to him what Vince is doing to Shelton Benjamin. Fallen Angel and Low-Ki are both good in their own right as well. Remember Natural Born Thrillers? That was a great faction, except for Shawn Stasiak. TNA had the best "Team Canada" of them all. 3 Live Crew was ........meh...Ron Killings (R.Truth) was the star of that group, hands down.

Do not get me started on Elix Skipper. The guy went out and worked his ass off every show. If TNA did a 50 Greatest Highlight disc, he would have two of the top 5 and the number 1 (which they show every week when they advertise their video on demand service). So he had a crazy voice, just stick him in a tag team and give them a manager and let him work.
I'm thinking 3 Live Kru was strictly for the development of Ron Killings. Konnan and Road Dogg were either done or on the downhill side while he was the young star.
Low Ki/Sensei/Kaval is a beast and I'm glad he's FINALLY going to get back on national tv with WWE's new NXT show next month.
When Shelton Benjamin gets cut this year (I'd be shocked if he wasn't one of the guys cut after Mania), TNA better snatch him up and let him and Homicide, Doug Williams, Kaz, Amazing Red and Daniels boost their X Division back up.

Kofi Kingston has been on a downward spiral as of late. He went from having the US title, to jobbing. WTF?

Miz, who is decent on the mic, sucks in the ring. And now he's a tag champion again. Big Show needs another world title run.

Undertaker, in my opinion, is another wrestler who needs to retire. They say he's been working on a bad hip for almost a year. He should win one more Wrestlemania, and retire with his undefeated streak at 18-0.

I can't explain what's gone wrong with Kofi. The best thing they did was drop that stupid, fake Jamaican gimmick and show that he can go and then they make him look like a second tier guy with Randy and his push is over.
Disagreeing with you on The Miz. That guy's worked hard to improve and, when they let him, puts on good matches. I think it's a mistake for him to be in a tag team right now and especially one with Show, where he's hiding behind him and looking weak.
Big Show's done and not by all his own fault. They've rebuilt him into a monster again but how many times can he be tag champ? Why doesn't he want to be world champion?
If Taker is still wrestling in 2011, it will be a miracle. That hip replacement has slowed him terribly. But I think he should lose at Mania. I don't know to who, as long as it's not Vince McMahon. If he can make it, they might save that for John Cena. I thought he should have lost to Flair, Batista, and Edge. He damn sure shouldn't have beaten CM Punk and killed all his momentum.

Why is TNA giving Hogan, Nash, Pac, Hall and all them old ass niggas that much face time? Seriously? I just cringe everytime they're on screen because I saw this shit when they were in their 20's and 30's. Now they're in their 40's and 50's and shit just looks corny.

I think TNA's using them for short term star power while they push AJ and Joe. It's hard to see them and the Nasty Boys being with TNA after the summer, if that long.

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered
When Shelton Benjamin gets cut this year (I'd be shocked if he wasn't one of the guys cut after Mania), TNA better snatch him up and let him and Homicide, Doug Williams, Kaz, Amazing Red and Daniels boost their X Division back up.

If he can make it, they might save that for John Cena. I thought he should have lost to Flair, Batista, and Edge. He damn sure shouldn't have beaten CM Punk and killed all his momentum.

You can't have an X-Division without including Petey Williams. He disappeared. People say his finisher is one of the best ever (which it is), but the wrestlers in Japan has pulled some shit that makes the Canadian destroyer look tame.

Have you heard of Jack Evans? He has a double somersault northern lights finisher. I also have a feeling that either Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, or Jack Swagger is gonna jump to TNA. If he's smart, Matt Hardy will go to TNA and reunite with Jeff.

As far as Vince is concerned, like I said earlier, he needs to really shake things up. Make HBK,John Cena, and HHH heel characters. Make Edge a tweener character....not a face, not a heel, just right in the middle. Christian needs to go on Smackdown and let Ezekiel beat his ass. Vladimir needs to come back and become the unstoppable menace he once was.

And he really needs get some real women wrestlers. I mean come on, some of them are nice to look at, but lacks any talent. Beth Phoenix is probably the best woman wrestler he has.

clayizaiken

Star
Registered
some news about ECW's replacement show-- the last ECW show is tonight @ 10 p.m. on Syfy (formerly Sci Fi Network) channel.

Revealed: The concept for WWE NXT is finally confirmed
By Brian Cantor
Feb 16, 2010 - 9:28:56 AM

The speculation is over. After all the questions about how WWE NXT, which replaces ECW starting next week, would operate, the answer is finally clear--and, just for the record, it is not going to be a science fiction show.

In the same vein as shows like "The Ultimate Fighter" and WWE's own "Tough Enough," a Daily Variety article confirms that the series will employ a reality premise, following eight rookie Superstars from FCW as they work their way towards a spot on RAW or SmackDown!

The eight new wrestlers will each be paired with a WWE veteran mentor, "with egos often getting in the way, as they learn the ropes of competing in the ring in front of live audiences, creating characters and speaking on camera," says the Variety story.

WWE is teasing the series as a window into how the company truly operates.

"These kids crash and burn a lot," said Vince McMahon
. "By putting them into this environment we'll find out if they can make it. There's no better way to develop skills than being in front of an audience. And that makes for good television."

The show, set to air weekly year-round, will be broken into two or three seasons. As per earlier reports, it will also feature a new "look and feel" for WWE programming.

1.jpg

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/6446.html

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
You can't have an X-Division without including Petey Williams. He disappeared. People say his finisher is one of the best ever (which it is), but the wrestlers in Japan has pulled some shit that makes the Canadian destroyer look tame.

Have you heard of Jack Evans? He has a double somersault northern lights finisher. I also have a feeling that either Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, or Jack Swagger is gonna jump to TNA. If he's smart, Matt Hardy will go to TNA and reunite with Jeff.

As far as Vince is concerned, like I said earlier, he needs to really shake things up. Make HBK,John Cena, and HHH heel characters. Make Edge a tweener character....not a face, not a heel, just right in the middle. Christian needs to go on Smackdown and let Ezekiel beat his ass. Vladimir needs to come back and become the unstoppable menace he once was.

And he really needs get some real women wrestlers. I mean come on, some of them are nice to look at, but lacks any talent. Beth Phoenix is probably the best woman wrestler he has.

Williams was great and I always like the Destroyer, even though it's the most contrived move in the history of wrestling.

I've seen Jack Evans and he's a high flyer but I don't know if he can work. He's like Jeff Hardy until he learned how to wrestle: all stunts, no reason.
Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne may end up in TNA but I don't expect to see Swagger or Mysterio. Swagger's homegrown and Rey sells a lot of merch.

Cena sells too much merch to kids to turn him heel any time soon but I think Edge is going the tweener route for a while.
Jackson's a monster but Vladimir sucked and I expect him to be unemployed after Mania too. He wasn't even in the Rumble match.

They have maybe 5 chicks that can work and the rest are either eh or horrible. Phoenix, Mickie James, Gail Kim, Melina, and Michelle McCool are all good with the first three being great. Alicia Fox and Layla work hard and have improved but they need seasoning they won't get working against the same chicks all the time. Kelly Kelly isn't very good and Eve was getting better and they took her out of the ring. Maria and the Bellas are just horrible. The only Knockout as bad as them is Lacey Von Erich. It's almost shameful that WWE has good workers like Katie Lea and Natalya and doesn't use them but keep giving time to the Bella Twins.

Who's house is it?

THIS PRIMETIME HOUSE.

:D:D

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered
Williams was great and I always like the Destroyer, even though it's the most contrived move in the history of wrestling.

I've seen Jack Evans and he's a high flyer but I don't know if he can work. He's like Jeff Hardy until he learned how to wrestle: all stunts, no reason.
Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne may end up in TNA but I don't expect to see Swagger or Mysterio. Swagger's homegrown and Rey sells a lot of merch.

Cena sells too much merch to kids to turn him heel any time soon but I think Edge is going the tweener route for a while.
Jackson's a monster but Vladimir sucked and I expect him to be unemployed after Mania too. He wasn't even in the Rumble match.

They have maybe 5 chicks that can work and the rest are either eh or horrible. Phoenix, Mickie James, Gail Kim, Melina, and Michelle McCool are all good with the first three being great. Alicia Fox and Layla work hard and have improved but they need seasoning they won't get working against the same chicks all the time. Kelly Kelly isn't very good and Eve was getting better and they took her out of the ring. Maria and the Bellas are just horrible. The only Knockout as bad as them is Lacey Von Erich. It's almost shameful that WWE has good workers like Katie Lea and Natalya and doesn't use them but keep giving time to the Bella Twins.

:D:D

Vince is white. Women like Natalya would be considered "too fat" to be eye candy...even though she's all good in my book. Katie Lea had a match against Maria, and she impressed me greatly. Lacey Von Erich.....Jesus Christ...she needs to do porn and get it over with. She's only good to look at. Alyssa Flash is a great worker...though she has vanished. Awesome Kong is having some troubles over at TNA..but she's their best women's wrestler period. If she's smart, she will stay the fuck away from WWE. Vince would not use her right. She's the silent monster.

Speaking of silent monsters, they have really let me down with Abyss. They turned him from a monster, to a retard. Making him speak was their first mistake. Making him "human" was their second.

As far as merch is concerned. Steve Austin sold just as much when he was a heel. So did the Rock and Randy Orton. Plus notice how the crowds boo and cheer him. I think he needs another heel run because his act has gotten stale. But then again, so has HHH. Come out, spit water, knee lift, knee drop, spinebuster, pedigree.

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Cosign.
If Hogan has some real control of TNA, :itsawrap: TNA better find Paul Heyman cause most of their storylines are garbage.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Vince is white. Women like Natalya would be considered "too fat" to be eye candy...even though she's all good in my book. Katie Lea had a match against Maria, and she impressed me greatly. Lacey Von Erich.....Jesus Christ...she needs to do porn and get it over with. She's only good to look at. Alyssa Flash is a great worker...though she has vanished. Awesome Kong is having some troubles over at TNA..but she's their best women's wrestler period. If she's smart, she will stay the fuck away from WWE. Vince would not use her right. She's the silent monster.

It's a fucking shame that Orlando Jordan and the Nasty Boys are working for a national company and Alissa Flash isn't.
You know Kong beat up Hogan's boy Bubba and has been suspended.

Speaking of silent monsters, they have really let me down with Abyss. They turned him from a monster, to a retard. Making him speak was their first mistake. Making him "human" was their second.

I'm expecting a turn from Abyss soon. He's been a good guy for too long but Hogan has plans for him. He's scheduled to team with Hogan against AJ and Flair in the main event of the live Impact! on March 8. A heel camp of AJ with Abyss as backup could work but so could AJ vs. Abyss, they've had good matches before.

As far as merch is concerned. Steve Austin sold just as much when he was a heel. So did the Rock and Randy Orton. Plus notice how the crowds boo and cheer him. I think he needs another heel run because his act has gotten stale. But then again, so has HHH. Come out, spit water, knee lift, knee drop, spinebuster, pedigree.

Austin's fans were different than Cena's. When Austin was on top, WWE was going after the 18-34 range but now they're after the sub-16 age group, hence going from a TV-14 to a PG rating and eliminating blood and most hardcore violence. Austin got over with foul language, brawling, and middle fingers. Cena is Superman.
Orton doesn't move merchandise like Cena, Austin, or even Mysterio. A strong face push would help him a lot. I just don't know who will be the top heel since they purposely moved Punk, Edge, and Jericho off Raw so they didn't overshadow Orton. I guess they'll bring one of them back after Mania.

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
Why is TNA giving Hogan, Nash, Pac, Hall and all them old ass niggas that much face time? Seriously? I just cringe everytime they're on screen because I saw this shit when they were in their 20's and 30's. Now they're in their 50's and 60's shit just looks corny.

FIXED:yes:

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered
I just don't know who will be the top heel since they purposely moved Punk, Edge, and Jericho off Raw so they didn't overshadow Orton. I guess they'll bring one of them back after Mania.

I can tell you who...HHH. Wrestleview.com has mentioned that Shawn Michaels will be taking some time off soon. With all the friction that has happened with DX, it would make sense for HHH to turn on Shawn and be like "I'm sick of your crap Shawn!!" and pedigree him a few times on a chair. The "injury" would put him out for a few months. As far as Cena being superman, well, maybe to the young kids. But to me, he needs to also take some time off. At least a year. They should bring some other people over, especially since ECW is gone. Remember, they have the draft after every Wrestlemania now.

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA ran a controversial angle at last night's Impact taping when prior to his match, Orlando Jordan kissed a man before entering the ring. Apparently, Jordan came to the ring escorted by both a man and a woman, and prior to entering the ring he kissed both of them.

According to the report, several people backstage in TNA were not happy with the angle and felt that TNA was going too far. Sources think that something like that might turn off SpikeTV viewers as the network is geared towards programming for men.

It should be noted that prior to Jordan's release from WWE back in 2006, there was talk of having Jordan participate in some type of bisexual angle that would have involved former TNA Knockout Trinity. The idea was initially offered by Jordan himself as he lives a bisexual lifestyle outside of professional wrestling.

:hmm::smh::puke:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I can tell you who...HHH. Wrestleview.com has mentioned that Shawn Michaels will be taking some time off soon. With all the friction that has happened with DX, it would make sense for HHH to turn on Shawn and be like "I'm sick of your crap Shawn!!" and pedigree him a few times on a chair. The "injury" would put him out for a few months. As far as Cena being superman, well, maybe to the young kids. But to me, he needs to also take some time off. At least a year. They should bring some other people over, especially since ECW is gone. Remember, they have the draft after every Wrestlemania now.

HHH? :yawn::yawn::yawn: It looks more like Shawn turning (not that that's anymore exciting) than Hunter. Plus, with your scenario, HHH would be too sympathetic.
They will not be taking Cena off tv for any amount of time unless he gets hurt. They have t-shirts, posters, and action figures to sell.
The lackluster booking on Raw has left them devoid of top heels to take Orton's spot when they turn him (which they might not, it could be a swerve like when Rock joined the Corporation).

ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA ran a controversial angle at last night's Impact taping when prior to his match, Orlando Jordan kissed a man before entering the ring. Apparently, Jordan came to the ring escorted by both a man and a woman, and prior to entering the ring he kissed both of them.

According to the report, several people backstage in TNA were not happy with the angle and felt that TNA was going too far. Sources think that something like that might turn off SpikeTV viewers as the network is geared towards programming for men.

It should be noted that prior to Jordan's release from WWE back in 2006, there was talk of having Jordan participate in some type of bisexual angle that would have involved former TNA Knockout Trinity. The idea was initially offered by Jordan himself as he lives a bisexual lifestyle outside of professional wrestling.

Don't know how credible ProWrestling.Net is but I find it highly unlikely they would air such an angle. But it wouldn't be the first time, Jim Cornette used to kiss Bobby Eaton on the cheek before matches back in the 80s. If they do it, I'd be interested to see how much heat they'd be willing to take.
Jordan's still horrible. He can't talk or wrestle and is taking up a spot a much better wrestler should have.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor

:smh::smh::smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
They did not air Jordan kissing a man last night. He did come out with a man and woman but the kissing didn't air. Good. That would be trying too hard.

But he beat Samoa Joe clean:angry::angry::angry: That's some bullshit!:angry: Jordan hasn't draw one cent in his entire career but he just beat the guy who's main evented two of the last four ppvs, including the last one this past Sunday.

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered
They did not air Jordan kissing a man last night. He did come out with a man and woman but the kissing didn't air. Good. That would be trying too hard.

But he beat Samoa Joe clean:angry::angry::angry: That's some bullshit!:angry: Jordan hasn't draw one cent in his entire career but he just beat the guy who's main evented two of the last four ppvs, including the last one this past Sunday.

Well, now I know that I can delete it off of my DVR.

On a good note, Pope is #1 contender. I'm glad they are finally giving homie the push he deserves.