c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
This is about as ignorant as It gets. You got three of the best wrestlers in the world that ANY company would want yet they bring nothing to company? How about fantastic top tier wrestling matches. Gee, I guess the most recent Trios match at this past "Revolution" ppv against House Of black brought nothing to the company. Viewership is down because of Tony Khan's retarded booking not because of The Elite. The wrestlers only do what their booked to do.
If they're 3 of the best wrestlers in the world and the company was built on their backs and reputations than the rating should not regularly go down when they appear on the screen.
The Bucks are high spot wrestlers who far too often do the same high spots and who need the same incompetent referee in the overwhelming majority of their matches because they can't keep their matches in the ring.
Kenny Omega is basically a video game come to life complete with him spamming the V trigger during matches like someone would spam a move while playing any wrestling video game.
Collectively their promos suck and their gimmick seems to be that they're cornballs and trolls. And they take their shit so seriously that they literally had a match where they seemed to put great care and importance on the use of a basketball during the match for the Trios titles recently. For guys in a group called The Elite the Bucks seem way more comfortable curtain jerking as the 1rst match on the card even going back to them in New Japan rather than being the main event. Personally I preferred them with AJ in 6 man tags over them with Omega

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If they're 3 of the best wrestlers in the world and the company was built on their backs and reputations than the rating should not regularly go down when they appear on the screen.

There's no large enough sample size of data to prove that to be true.

The Bucks are high spot wrestlers who far too often do the same high spots and who need the same incompetent referee in the overwhelming majority of their matches because they can't keep their matches in the ring.

Every wrestler has trademark signature spots that are done in matches. Name me one wrestler that doesn't do the same damn moves in a match. You can't. Stop being disingenuous.

Kenny Omega is basically a video game come to life complete with him spamming the V trigger during matches like someone would spam a move while playing any wrestling video game.

If you think all Omega does is spam V-triggers in matches then you haven't been paying attention. No way you deliver God tier matches with Will Ospreay and Kazuchika Okada just spamming V-triggers.

Collectively their promos suck

The Bucks I would agree with but Omega is actually very good on the stick.

and their gimmick seems to be that they're cornballs and trolls

I don't view that as a negative.

And they take their shit so seriously that they literally had a match where they seemed to put great care and importance on the use of a basketball during the match for the Trios titles recently.

They like to do and try different things. Doing the same serious stiuff all the time is boring to them.

For guys in a group called The Elite the Bucks seem way more comfortable curtain jerking as the 1rst match on the card even going back to them in New Japan rather than being the main event.

Because they've literally done everything they can do in the business. Chasing titles and main eventing doesn't really mean anything to them at this stage of their career. They know they can win championships and main event at anytime. That's easy. Hogging the main event scene only prevents other people from having that opportunity to shine.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
There's no large enough sample size of data to prove that to be true.
3 years isn't enough of a sample size including the last year and a half or so where they don't pop the rating.

Every wrestler has trademark signature spots that are done in matches. Name me one wrestler that doesn't do the same damn moves in a match. You can't. Stop being disingenuous.
Ever wrestler does but when you rely on high spots you should at least switch up the high spots. Ricochet doesn't do the same ones every match but I do know that when the Buck hits a move he's about to hop thru the ropes and then do a backflip. Every time for the last 6-7-10 years.

If you think all Omega does is spam V-triggers in matches then you haven't been paying attention. No way you deliver God tier matches with Will Ospreay and Kazuchika Okada just spamming V-triggers.
God tier? That's funny. V-trigger,V-trigger, suplex, dive, clothesline, reversal, reversal, suplex, V-trigger.

The Bucks I would agree with but Omega is actually very good on the stick.
69 me Don :lol: . He's better than the Bucks but he's not that good of a promo.All he can do is try to talk down to someone. He's not funny, he doesn't get fired up and show emotion

I don't view that as a negative.
If that's what you're relying on as a gimmick you're not relying on much. And that will get even worse if they did go to the WWE. On the brightside, they wouldn't have to try their old stuff and brand of comedy but as a negative they'd be reliant on WWE writers to not be as bad

They like to do and try different things. Doing the same serious stiuff all the time is boring to them.
Well they need to stay in AEW. You don't have to do the same serious stuff every match but crap like that is not to be taken seriously and should be relegated to joke comedy wrestlers like Santino Morella.

Because they've literally done everything they can do in the business. Chasing titles and main eventing doesn't really mean anything to them at this stage of their career. They know they can win championships and main event at anytime. That's easy. Hogging the main event scene only prevents other people from having that opportunity to shine.
They were curtain jerking on Wrestle Kingdom shows while a part of the Bullet Club so let's not act like this isn't par for the course for the Bucks. Based on their antics they love to hog the spotlight but the fans aren't that interested in seeing them as the main event. And I'm not going to pretend like they're only worried about others getting over when they can't even put opponents that they lose to(particularly situations like their match with Private Party)over.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'd be interested in Kenny going for some of the matches he could have with several of the guys over there. What they could do with him is totally different with how they would book him character wise. But he would definitely do better post a Reigns title reign. Especially if they plot the belts up. But in the end, anything could happen. And it would be another situation where it would be hard to fuck it up.

The Bucks on the other hand, I really can't defend them or say they'd be a waste. The name recognition is there, but if they all came in as a group it would be hard for me to say it wouldn't be a big deal. This is most I've thought about it since I don't think they're leaving AEW. Them facing off with Judgment day, and a potential triple threat with Finn, Aj, and Kenny would be nuts.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
3 years isn't enough of a sample size including the last year and a half or so where they don't pop the rating.

Stop moving the goal posts. First you said whenever they appear on TV the ratings drop. I said there's not a large enough sample size of data to determine that NOW you're talking about they don't pop a rating. Which is it? Ratings go up and down depending on the quality of the show. No one wrestler is gonna pop a rating CONSISTENTLY and if you're too wrapped up in that you lose sight of developing a good wrestling show. Me personally I don't care about whether or not a wrestler pops a rating. Are you a TV executive or a wrestling fan?

Ever wrestler does but when you rely on high spots you should at least switch up the high spots.
Ricochet doesn't do the same ones every match but I do know that when the Buck hits a move he's about to hop thru the ropes and then do a backflip. Every time for the last 6-7-10 years.

That's a signature spot and when they do it people pop for it. That's why they keep it in their move repertoire. Ricochet is a watered-down version of himself in WWE. He had to change a lot of what he does in the ring to fit into the WWE style. He was much more dynamic in Lucha Underground and New Japan.

God tier? That's funny. V-trigger,V-trigger, suplex, dive, clothesline, reversal, reversal, suplex, V-trigger.

Go and watch the Kenny Omega /Will Ospreay match from Wrestle Kingdom 17 and tell me that wasn't a great match. I dare you. You're being disingenuous as fuck.

69 me Don :lol: . He's better than the Bucks but he's not that good of a promo.All he can do is try to talk down to someone. He's not funny, he doesn't get fired up and show emotion.

That's not who the Cleaner is. The Cleaner is about being smooth and calm yet arrogant in his approach not yelling like a barbarian into the mic. Too many people are conditioned into thinking a promo has to be one way. A promo can be anything you want it to be as long as it conveys the message of selling the match.

If that's what you're relying on as a gimmick you're not relying on much. And that will get even worse if they did go to the WWE. On the brightside, they wouldn't have to try their old stuff and brand of comedy but as a negative they'd be reliant on WWE writers to not be as bad.

As long as solid stories are developed around them that's all that's needed.

Well they need to stay in AEW. You don't have to do the same serious stuff every match but crap like that is not to be taken seriously and should be relegated to joke comedy wrestlers like Santino Morella.

You seem to have a very narrow-minded view when it comes to wrestling. I enjoy all different types of wrestling. Doesn't matter if it's serious, comedy whatever. Open up your mind. You're too conditioned into thinking things need to be a certain way when they don't. That's gate keeping at it's finest.

They were curtain jerking on Wrestle Kingdom shows while a part of the Bullet Club so let's not act like this isn't par for the course for the Bucks. Based on their antics they love to hog the spotlight but the fans aren't that interested in seeing them as the main event.

Tag Team wrestling in general doesn't main event shows in Japan. It's not that fans didn't want to see it it's because of tradition. Doesn't matter what tag team it is. You're not main eventing in Japan period.

And I'm not going to pretend like they're only worried about others getting over when they can't even put opponents that they lose to(particularly situations like their match with Private Party)over.

Private Party didn't get over because they suck not because of the Bucks.

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fellas, I just finished watching this week show of AEW Dynamite!!..It was a good show!!...Finally, they show luv to Powerhouse Hobbs and put a title on him!!..:yes:...The Powerhouse Hobbs vs Warlow match was damn good until QT Marshall came in and messed it up!1..I wish that Powerhouse would had won the title without no interference but I'm glad to see him finally got a title belt at AEW!!.:yes:..That Blackpool Combat vs The Dark Order match was nice as well...Also, it always good to see the House of Black show up on Dynamite as well..:yes:

Overall, it was a good show this week!!

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's simple. Vince McMahon over the years has done an excellent job of conditioning people into believing that the WWE brand is the embodiment of what wrestling should be so if you see something that is different from that model you naturally dislike it. Your conditioning won't allow you to be open-minded to other possibilities and this leads to tribalism. Those who are fortunate enough to experience wrestling outside of that WWE bubble see the full spectrum of what wrestling can offer.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
It's simple. Vince McMahon over the years has done an excellent job of conditioning people into believing that the WWE brand is the embodiment of what wrestling should be so if you see something that is different from that model you naturally dislike it. Your conditioning won't allow you to be open-minded to other possibilities and this leads to tribalism. Those who are fortunate enough to experience wrestling outside of that WWE bubble see the full spectrum of what wrestling can offer.
They complain what goes on outside of WWE but fail to acknowledge shit like this.

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Warner Media/Discovery said they wanted more AEW content they weren't lying. Dynamite, Rampage, All Access and now another in ring wrestling show. This is really great news for AEW when talks begin for a new TV contract. AEW about to get a massive deal.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2 things that need to be done with Hobbs. 1)They need to get him the fuck away from QT Marshall.

I am going to disagree with EVERYONE for a moment. QT is GARBAGE!!!! NOBODY wants him on their TV!!!! Pairing him with Hobbs where the manager shuts his fcuking mouth and the wrestler does all the talking can possibly put QT over with crowds. Have him be a Bobby Heenan heel manager without the mic skills could be a GREAT pairing.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Question about Cody Rhodes entrance ....

When is the pyro supposed to go off? It seems like it supposed to exploded on the, "Whoa!!!!"
But every show they seem to miss the mark and it goes off late.
Even the game nailed the "whoa!!!!"

I know it's a nitpick, but it just seems like the kind of thing they'd get right for the guy slated to be the next top guy.
Can you imagine them messing up Roman's pyro. Hell what about Brock?!?! He'd probably walk backstage and give the pyro guy a F5.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

When is the pyro supposed to go off? It seems like it supposed to exploded on the, "Whoa!!!!"

I know it's a nitpick, but it just seems like the kind of thing they'd get right for the guy slated to be the next top guy.
Can you imagine them messing up Roman's pyro. Hell what about Brock?!?! He'd probably walk backstage and give the pyro guy a F5.

I think it's delayed so the "Whoa" comes through on the air. It's a thing now.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Nah that's not nitpicking, really lame to delay it. It's the part where fans get to interact with the song.