BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I say this is all seriousness and as a huge fan of Rock 'the Dwayne' Johnson ..... FUCK THE ROCK !!!!

WWE has spent two years on this title reign building Roman up to be the end level boss. They spent the last 8 months or so beautiful crafting the Bloodline/Sami storyline. The story is perfectly setup for the next two months to be the destruction of the bloodline. Jimmy and Jay are already conflicted with Sami and they'll probably end up dropping those title to Sami and KO.

All they should focus on is slowly eliminating each member of the Bloodline so that by Mania is just Roman (all on his own) vs. Cody. Cody is as over as anyone can be right now, so having him end the reign would feel natural.

The LAST THING they should do is bring The Rock into the mix. Yes he would no doubt get a mega nostalgia pop, but then what ....

Cody can carry the title for months and have amazing feuds across both brands. The Rock would be coming in for a quick pop and a check.

I heard a few months ago that Roman is looking to go into acting like The Rock so that may be the final match for Roman for awhile anyway. As far as putting the Belt on Cody, what major Villain is he going to feud with? Seth Rollins would be good, but he seems to be tied up with Logan Paul for a while.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I heard a few months ago that Roman is looking to go into acting like The Rock so that may be the final match for Roman for awhile anyway. As far as putting the Belt on Cody, what major Villain is he going to feud with? Seth Rollins would be good, but he seems to be tied up with Logan Paul for a while.
If Seth is going to fight Logan Paul it will most likely be a Mania match so that leaves Seth free after that. As for feuds, they have enough good workers/ top guys right now to have matches until at least SummerSlam.
Cody vs. Sheamus
Cody vs. Drew
Cody vs. Finn
Cody vs KO
Cody vs a returning Orton (at some point)

My only concern is his mic work. I don't remember Cody being particularly strong on the mic and the feel good comeback story pops can only last for so long.

Last edited:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I say this is all seriousness and as a huge fan of Rock 'the Dwayne' Johnson ..... FUCK THE ROCK !!!!

WWE has spent two years on this title reign building Roman up to be the end level boss. They spent the last 8 months or so beautiful crafting the Bloodline/Sami storyline. The story is perfectly setup for the next two months to be the destruction of the bloodline. Jimmy and Jay are already conflicted with Sami and they'll probably end up dropping those title to Sami and KO.

All they should focus on is slowly eliminating each member of the Bloodline so that by Mania is just Roman (all on his own) vs. Cody. Cody is as over as anyone can be right now, so having him end the reign would feel natural.

The LAST THING they should do is bring The Rock into the mix. Yes he would no doubt get a mega nostalgia pop, but then what ....

Cody can carry the title for months and have amazing feuds across both brands. The Rock would be coming in for a quick pop and a check.
If you do Roman vs The Rock Roman should win. Essentially passing the torch from the real top member of the bloodline to the new top dog of the familial bloodline

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If Seth is going to fight Logan Paul it will most likely be a Mania match so that leaves Seth free after that. As for feuds, they have enough good workers/ top guys right now to have matches until at least SummerSlam.
Cody vs. Sheamus
Cody vs. Drew
Cody vs. Finn
Cody vs KO
Cody vs a returning Orton (at some point)

My only concern is his mic work. I don't remember Cody being particularly strong on the mic and the feel good comeback story pops can only last for so long.
Cody vs AJ Styles

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

0fb0052b93945f35dca0db7a1da350a3a1a26baf.gifv

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Decent opening promo by Cody..... momentum killed by Judgement Day.
If I were WWE, I would space out the Cody appearances until Wrestlemania.
They run the risk of him getting stale before the match if he's out every week cutting the same kind of promo.
Plus, most people would rather see Sami Zayn against Roman instead.
People are excited to see him back now, but that can change in a few weeks.

Max Headrom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can someone explain the Cody hype? From his first run in WWE to AEW back to WWE I've never understood his appeal nor have I ever thought he was a star. He seems very generic and if not for being the son of one of the greatest, I think he'd be a mid card guy if I'm getting honest.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can someone explain the Cody hype? From his first run in WWE to AEW back to WWE I've never understood his appeal nor have I ever thought he was a star. He seems very generic and if not for being the son of one of the greatest, I think he'd be a mid card guy if I'm getting honest.
I'm not the biggest Cody fan either.
He can work and put on good matches, but I can never get over that lisp of his and now that stupid neck tattoo.
Yeah, if he wasn't the son of Dusty he would just be another guy on the roster.
I think this current run has a limited lifespan and like I mentioned previously he needs to be used in small doses or the fans will turn on him like they did in AEW.

Max Headrom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not the biggest Cody fan either.
He can work and put on good matches, but I can never get over that lisp of his and now that stupid neck tattoo.
Yeah, if he wasn't the son of Dusty he would just be another guy on the roster.
I think this current run has a limited lifespan and like I mentioned previously he needs to be used in small doses or the fans will turn on him like they did in AEW.

And yeah like you stated, the WWE need to give the people what they want and that's Sami VS Roman. Sami is SOOOOOOOO over right now it would be a shame to waste his momentum by forcing Cody in the title picture. Especially with how long this Bloodline story has been built.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
And yeah like you stated, the WWE need to give the people what they want and that's Sami VS Roman. Sami is SOOOOOOOO over right now it would be a shame to waste his momentum by forcing Cody in the title picture. Especially with how long this Bloodline story has been built.
The true match is Jey vs Roman.

Sami vs Roman would be a quick squash to a short story. The real payoff is Jey vs Roman, due to the long-term story they told, with the beginnings of the Bloodline to where it is today. Remember, Jey seeing Sami getting berated by Reigns then beaten to a pulp reminded him of himself back when Reigns forced him to fall in line, when Jey acknowledge Roman, to save Jimmy.

Jey has PTSD and he should be the one to dethrone Reigns.

Not Sami.

Not Cody.

Max Headrom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sami vs Roman would be a quick squash to a short story. The real payoff is Jey vs Roman, due to the long-term story they told, with the beginnings of the Bloodline to where it is today. Remember, Jey seeing Sami getting berated by Reigns then beaten to a pulp reminded him of himself back when Reigns forced him to fall in line, when Jey acknowledge Roman, to save Jimmy.

Not Sami.

Not Cody.

But do you really think they'd let Jey take the belts off Roman?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
But do you really think they'd let Jey take the belts off Roman?
Storytelling wise....it makes sense.

They'll probably split the titles, give Cody the WWE Championship (the title his dad should have won), but the Universal title is the one Roman has held the longest. It would be the one to make the most sense.

If/when Jey confronts Roman, he will go over and the Bloodline as we know it will end. That's the only way this makes sense.

And if Jey doesn't actually win the titles, he'll be the one to help Roman lose them, setting up a clash against Roman just in time for SummerSlam....

J.U.S.T.I.C.E

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not Sami.

Not Cody.
How much is Heyman paying you?? :lol: