Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jon Moxley seems to be really over with the Japanese audience. Smart move by New Japan to bring him in. It's only gonna last until AEW's TV show starts. Better to cash in on his popularity now.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If AEW and NJPW are smart they let him defend the US title on the first show on TBS.

TNT you mean and that's not gonna happen. NJPW will get the belt off of Moxley before the show in October. Also, from my understanding AEW is undecided on whether or not they will even acknowledge that Moxley won the IWGP United States Championship.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Jericho/Okada match went pretty much like I expected. The only thing that sucked was the out of nowhere finish. But yeah they weren't gonna put the IWGP Heavyweight championship on Jericho. What will probably happen is Naito will challenge Okada for the strap in an effort to become double champ. Jericho will come back later in the year and challenge Tanahashi. New Japan has a problem because their main eventers are thin. They need some new blood in the worse way. Right now it's Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, and White.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The Jericho/Okada match went pretty much like I expected. The only thing that sucked was the out of nowhere finish. But yeah they weren't gonna put the IWGP Heavyweight championship on Jericho. What will probably happen is Naito will challenge Okada for the strap in an effort to become double champ. Jericho will come back later in the year and challenge Tanahashi. New Japan has a problem because their main eventers are thin. They need some new blood in the worse way. Right now it's Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, and White.
I think Ibushi will finish the year strong. He'll probably win the G1.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Ibushi will finish the year strong. He'll probably win the G1.

Ibushi needs to be careful with those neck bumps. In the Naito match he took a bump to the back of his neck off the ring apron that could've broken his neck. Ospreay had that same problem but wised up and has been working a lot safer.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Ibushi needs to be careful with those neck bumps. In the Naito match he took a bump to the back of his neck off the ring apron that could've broken his neck. Ospreay had that same problem but wised up and has been working a lot safer.
Ibushi isn't happy if he doesn't do a neck bump.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know what to think about Jericho's new "Judas Effect" finisher. I get the psychology behind it because in real life a spinning elbow to the head can knock you out but the way Jericho executes it looks weak. It's gonna take some getting use to.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I don't know what to think about Jericho's new "Judas Effect" finisher. I get the psychology behind it because in real life a spinning elbow to the head can knock you out but the way Jericho executes it looks weak. It's gonna take some getting use to.
It needs to be a combination maneuver with the code breaker. You gotta over sell the move to make it look like a match ender.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's the bump Ibushi took for those who didn't see it.

Listening to Busted Open this morning and they were trying to compare this spot to the Goldberg/Taker dumpster fire. These two aren't even close, this was an accident. The WWE ish was just egos that could have got someone killed.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Just brutal. They need to eliminate spots like this on the ring apron. The margin for error is too slim and accidents like this are bound to happen.
Yeah Lance Storm said the same thing about apron spots. At least NJPW they have about a good foot of extra room for spots compared to standard rings.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
How is this NJPW thing going to work once AEW starts going week to week?
Moxley will drop the title at some point. Cody only had the US title for like a month. Omega was one of their biggest stars and he only had like a 3 month reign. They don't keep titles on foreigners for long.

But they trying to establish a working relationship. NJPW want Omega to still work for them when possible and you can expect that AEW would love to have guys like Okada, Ospreay work some matches for AEW.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
shit is sad
supremely talented dudes collecting dust

either the wwe needs to let some ppl go or enforce a hard brand split or make NXT a legit 3rd brand
Rumors were Fox fox was forcing their hand on having their top talent when the show starts. Whatever the reason for the wild card rule its hurting the product.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/08/gold...atch-vs-undertaker-wwe-supershowdown-9871783/

Goldberg-cut-his-head-during-his-match-vs-The-Undertaker-df0c.jpg
I mean, is this really any different than the Golberg from 20 years ago? He was a shitty wrestler then always hurting himself and others. Nothing's changed other than his age.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Listening to Busted Open this morning and they were trying to compare this spot to the Goldberg/Taker dumpster fire. These two aren't even close, this was an accident. The WWE ish was just egos that could have got someone killed.
That move looks worse than a accident. That's intentionally trying to get someone killed.