A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
cant blame
they've been DOA since the pregancy and substance abuse issue

i wonder if the AEW helped push em to ask for the release

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
First The Revival ask for their release, now those two (honestly don't know who the fuck they are)….

I expect a whole host of names to consider making the jump and ask for a release, especially if the schedule is lighter. Only reason Bray Wyatt may stick around is due to Jojo...

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
cant blame
they've been DOA since the pregancy and substance abuse issue

i wonder if the AEW helped push em to ask for the release
Yes but its fucked up on their part to ask for a release just months after returning after WWE paid for Mike's rehab and paid still paid Maria while he was off tv during her pregnancy. They finessed the hell out of WWE.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

She could be something really special if she accentuate her "black" side a little more. With the current trend of black fishing. Although she is half black she would look amazing. When she was in impact as jade they tried to tease up her asian side and it came off as a weird looking.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
They wild for that. I'm sure Cody and them knew how thirsty WWE would be to treat this shit like Pokemon and sweep up all of the talent. It works out better for the Indy guys if they bigger checks and wanted to sign with WWE anyway.
They've been telling their friends and Indy talent to be available come January. If I was an Indy wrestler WWE would have to offer me some serious money for me to sign with how over populated their roster currently is.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They've been telling their friends and Indy talent to be available come January. If I was an Indy wrestler WWE would have to offer me some serious money for me to sign with how over populated their roster currently is.

You're right about that. I'm not trying to get my hopes up too high until what AEW is offering their talent comes into fruition. The pay, some contracts being allowing talent to work other promotions, the insurance. Hopefully the merchandising planned well too. Not feeling like the company owns your every move. The quality of life just sounds better. And allowing the talent to have certain freedoms keeps the roster fresh so it won't come off like Raw where it feels like you just saw the same episode tge weeks in a row.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

WWE could sweeten the deal if they would allow newly signed and future talent to have creative control over their character. Money is important no doubt, but the option of having control over your character is more appealing. Not to mention merchandising and social media freedom that ain't taken over by the corporate out of touch eggheads. WWE lost their way every time they pipe out cheers and boos for certain wrestlers. Also taking signs away from fans and giving them different ones. To much hands on. I can understand not wanting to deal with super huge ego maniacs personality like Ho Kogan(lol) and HBK who used backstage politics to put themselves over while burying others. To this day there are wrestlers who hate what Ho Kogan and HBK did to them behind the scenes. The micro-managing has been out of hand and it takes the organic element the fans love that is needed. That is an area I can see AEW doing better in.

Reactions: fu2

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel AJ Styles is one of the best representations of this. Even though TNA has Styles and put the belt on him, the angles they had with him were fucking terrible. To the point where his matches were the only thing to look forward to. But when he was in a division that was filled with people who could also do those being spots, it wasn't as special. Then when he went to heavyweight, they did dumb angle after dumb angle. It wasn't until he was leaving where saw a glimpse of what he would become as a full personality. Then bullet club happened after Finn was signed, and then to WWE. And as the story goes, they still didn't put respect on AJ's name. He has to be on Smackdown where whatever they were doing with Roman didn't interfere with establishing AJ's character, not just a performer. But WWE still has there way fucking a good thing up. Like Roman and Cena have matches Finn, AJ, Bryan and ECT, as backdoor ways to put Cena and Roman over through the years. And don't get me started with what they are doing with Finn. They better be happy that AEW wasn't about to pop off when Bryan was ready to come back. Or maybe the idea was there but the pieces weren't together. Same with AJ. Man it would have been a fucking wrap with Jericho, AJ, Bryan going there.

In the Indies, you strive to be your own company. When you wrestle for promotions, it should be a partnership where both of you have your reputations on the line. WWE is a company's image first. The only thing that matters is how well they can dress themselves up. Ultimatley you have feel disposable in order to appreciate your job there and act as if WWE is the only ballgame in town. TNA as a company made themselves disposable by not learning what not to do. And AEW appears to be taking a different route. Now WWE can damn near lose a good thing forever by letting people go, or now snagging them now.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
AEW should give Teddy a shot. I think a lot of fans would be impressed with some of the shit he pulls off.