Metro Atlanta gas prices drop below $1.50/gallon - how much is it where you are?

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Metro Atlanta gas prices drop below $1.50/gallon as virus saps demand

newsEngin.25528254_032920-CV-PHOTOS-HS15.jpg

Gas prices in metro Atlanta have dipped below $1.50 per gallon at some stations, reaching new multi-year lows, as global demand for crude oil continues to drop due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Prices this weekend are as low as $1.30 at the Shell on Lawrenceville Highway in Gwinnett County, according to GasBuddy, which tracks prices nationally.

The average per-gallon price in metro Atlanta was about $1.80 Saturday afternoon, GasBuddy reported. That’s the lowest since early 2016, when average prices dropped to about $1.60 in the region.

Costs still vary across metro Atlanta. As of Saturday, the most expensive gas cost $2.29 per gallon near intown Atlanta, according to GasBuddy.

Early this month, just after the first case of cononavirus was detected in Georgia, the lowest reported gas price in metro Atlanta was $1.95 per gallon.

Since then, demand for oil and gasoline has continued to tank across the country as more people stay at home due to the virus. Globally, the price of crude oil has dropped as travel falls dramatically.

Previously, factory shutdowns in China and virtual lockdowns of large regions of the country were enough to slash the demand for gas.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
CDN prices - Cheapest it has been in years. It has ranged in the 1.15 - 1.40 a liter range in recent years. At its worst it has gotten up to 1.70 - 1.72 a liter, if memory serves correctly. Of late it has been 0.86 - 1.03 a liter. People haven't seen it at under a dollar a liter in many years.

For comparison's sake ... back in the mid-90s it was 0.33 - 0.40. Early to mid-2000s it was in the 0.70 - 0.80 range.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
Costco is always gonna be cheaper. It’s one of their ways to get you in the store. I filled up with premium last week for $1.59 a gallon. But because of self quarantine, I haven’t been anywhere to burn gas and still have that full tank

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
CDN prices - Cheapest it has been in years. It has ranged in the 1.15 - 1.40 a liter range in recent years. At its worst it has gotten up to 1.70 - 1.72 a liter, if memory serves correctly. Of late it has been 0.86 - 1.03 a liter. People haven't seen it at under a dollar a liter in many years.

For comparison's sake ... back in the mid-90s it was 0.33 - 0.40. Early to mid-2000s it was in the 0.70 - 0.80 range.
I've only ever been to Vancouver back in the mid 80s. I didn't realize that Canada sold gas by the liter like Europe! :eek2:
I assumed it was sold in CN gallons. That's like buying gas by the quart, and at THOSE prices. :eek:

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I've only ever been to Vancouver back in the mid 80s. I didn't realize that Canada sold gas by the liter like Europe! :eek2:
I assumed it was sold in CN gallons. That like buying gas by the quart, and at THOSE prices. :eek:

Yes - expensive province. Always kept that in mind re: everything. Gassing up the car, groceries, sales taxes, property taxes, annual utilities, car insurance. Cost of living. Always weary of that in the first half of the year too, as that's where many of the big annual bills fall. Whereas you can save a bit better from June - December. Tend to save up vacation / lieu hours time for that stretch. Taking time off in July, November & December.

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1.60 birmingham but before this shit started we stayed at 1.90-2.10 . been in that range for a few months

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love this new world...noone is in my way...it's nice as fuck out chea...got a brisket going on my big green egg... macaroni and baked beans on ready...all vehicles full of gas..200 rolls of tissue and 100 gallon of water...im ready for the next 2 months..brah

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's probably gonna be cheapest in Mississippi and Louisiana.

On the way to New Orleans I usually gas up at Costco Montgomery and Costco in New Orleans but there's a gas Station in Mississippi that's usually within a penny of Costco as well on the way..

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
What the fuck? I seen 1.48 at Sam's club out here. Cali folks definitely needed more than 1,200 a month. They catch no damn breaks out there.

Fuck are the gas prices when there isn't a pandemic and record low oil prices?
Normal gas prices are around $4 a gallon here. That one year in 2008 we was paying $6 a gallon.

I did see a 2.89 price over in the hood last night but niggas were lined up for that.