Meet the Voices of All Your Favorite Cartoon Characters

gdhow12

Support BGOL
Registered
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xivQ6_gu3W8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know what Batman sounds like. Same for Sponge Bob, Bugs Bunny, Bender, and a zillion other characters in cartoons, games and movies. These are the people who make them come to life, in the new documentary I Know That Voice.

The doc features voice acting superstars like Kevin Conroy (BATMAN! KEVIN CONROY IS BATMAN), June Foray, and John Di Maggio. There are loads of voice acting professionals talking about the actual science that goes into voicing characters. Slow it down to make a character dumber. Change a pitch here or there to make a character an adult—or an irresponsible almost-adult. It's really fascinating stuff. The documentary's still in development, but there's actually a bunch of cool stuff packed into this four minute trailer.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OP, great drop, dude!

I work in the voice over industry and it is UBER competitive. I need all the inspiration I can get and this video just inspired me.

This made my day!

GreedySmurf

Star
Registered
VERY cool! But damn, did you see all the awards Andrea Romano had behind her?!?! That woman puts in work on EVERY cartoon I like!

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Going ways back.

enhanced-buzz-16296-1302039501-45.jpg

EarleHyman.jpg

AOD

Star
Registered
The undisputed king of cartoon voices... Mel Blanc!!
11935452_ori.jpg

Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester. Foghorn Leghorn, Elmer Fudd, Yosimite Sam, Barney Rubble, Mr. Spacely, etc...
Voices_of_Mel_Blanc_by_Broadgm.jpg

twiki-demotivational-poster-1225468283.jpg

also did Twiki from Buck Rogers (for all the ol' school dudes who remember the show :D)