wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
(WWETV Network) Breaking Wrecords Radio continues their interview this week with hip hop pioneer MC Shan. The topic of another hip hop pioneer was discussed in Roxanne Shante. In particular, the popular Netflix biopic entitled “Roxanne Roxanne” that covered the life and times of the hip hop icon.

MC Shan believes the movie was a good story, but that certain details of the film were fake and not totally true. The movie in his observation would be completely different if certain individuals were contacted to consult on film to provide a more accurate account of the history.

https://www.worldwideentertainmenttv.com/mc-shan-saysroxanne-roxanne-movie-was-fake-as/

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
of course it was fake lyin ass roxane was probably the consultant...

they left out so much dope shit, like the battle between the other roxanne.. especially the real roxanne... that shit is a movie within itself..

also how she stole utfo's shine by pretty much being the first to blatantly diss on a track no subliminals that made it to the radio...

she was definitely a hood queen... but her story shouldve been told by someone else..

that roxane shit was done nice but it couldve easily been a mini series and been even better..

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
of course it was fake lyin ass roxane was probably the consultant...

they left out so much dope shit, like the battle between the other roxanne.. especially the real roxanne... that shit is a movie within itself..

also how she stole utfo's shine by pretty much being the first to blatantly diss on a track no subliminals that made it to the radio...

she was definitely a hood queen... but her story shouldve been told by someone else..

that roxane shit was done nice but it couldve easily been a mini series and been even better..

she was too busy ‘setting the record straight’ as she put it, about her and that dude, as if anyone outside her circle gave a fuck

females always think the world is waiting to hear their story about some NIGGA everybody and they mama told them not to fuck with, but they fucked with him anyway and got burnt

sit yo dumb ass down somewhere

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
she was too busy ‘setting the record straight’ as she put it, about her and that dude, as if anyone outside her circle gave a fuck

females always think the world is waiting to hear their story about some NIGGA everybody and they mama told them not to fuck with, but they fucked with him anyway and got burnt

sit yo dumb ass down somewhere

I got that was a story in itself, but yeah agree. She left out too much dope shit that would be so more dramatic. I guess she still had issues with the industry and didn't care to air more hip hop history and wanted to talk about her life outside of it.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
You could tell it embellished things

They made her in to a super hero

All I saw was the black male image take a beating throughout that movie.

I thought how it represented her in comparison to the others who helped her was sort of crazy

How do you not even acknowledge the Juice Crew and make Marley some sort of an after thought

It was from that NWA school of biographies

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was looking up Chate Adams after seeing her In A League Of Their Own and found out about this movie. I was going to ask if anyone had watched it and if they covered her lying about earning a doctoral degree but after seeing she was an executive producer on the movie, I knew that wasn't going to be mentioned.