Marvel Ant-Man & Wasp Official Movie Discussion Thread Update: Quantumania SPOILER REVIEWS!

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I saw it yesterday. I really enjoyed the film. It's not really a origin film but more so a pasting of the Mantle of Ant Man from Hank to Scott. The movie gave me some good laughs. And was more light hearted. Didn't know TI was in the film. The Louise character was ok. They set up him being able to believably be capable to knock guys out from the beginning of the film when he stated that he was the only one to knock out the big brotha in prison. The action was pretty good and the fight between Falcon & Ant Man was cool. The CGI was on point. I think I enjoyed this more than GOTG. Winter Soldier is still the best stand alone Marvel film with Iron Man 1 2nd.

Last edited:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just got back from seeing it.

For the most part, I really enjoyed it. Though I had issues with Black and Latino characters being used as "Comic Criminal Relief". That shit's been done to death already. And The Falcon being used as comic relief also.

But loved all the easter eggs. Corey Stoll and Evangeline Lilly were awesome. The SFX and macro-photography were greatly done.

I would have had the same response as Lang seeing all those ants close up and shit for the first time. And I was waiting for a roach to crawl out of that bath tub when Lang shrank for the first time.

When Dude went "Sub-Atomic and into The Quantum Realm, I though he would discover Jan,
But I would have screamed in that theater if these guys appeared...

f054acabbaa820100ca9bfc439bdd4b7.jpg

And there's no way in HELL the rest of the family didn't know that Cassie's "dog" was under the dinner table getting scraps. My ASS would have been out of that house so fast...:eek::eek:

Or maybe they all just accepted it already. :smh::smh:

Still...

I did spent a few moments thinking what Edgar Wright's take would have been like had he stayed on to direct.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just got back from seeing it.

For the most part, I really enjoyed it. Though I had issues with Black and Latino characters being used as "Comic Criminal Relief". That shit's been done to death already. And The Falcon being used as comic relief also.

But loved all the easter eggs. Corey Stoll and Evangeline Lilly were awesome. The SFX and macro-photography were greatly done.

I would have had the same response as Lang seeing all those ants close up and shit for the first time. And I was waiting for a roach to crawl out of that bath tub when Lang shrank for the first time.

When Dude went "Sub-Atomic and into The Quantum Realm, I though he would discover Jan,
But I would have screamed in that theater if these guys appeared...

f054acabbaa820100ca9bfc439bdd4b7.jpg

And there's no way in HELL the rest of the family didn't know that Cassie's "dog" was under the dinner table getting scraps. My ASS would have been out of that house so fast...:eek::eek:

Or maybe they all just accepted it already. :smh::smh:

Still...

I did spent a few moments thinking what Edgar Wright's take would have been like had he stayed on to direct.

i want to read that script

The Technician

Formerly Commandernchief
BGOL Investor
Saw it today and enjoyed. Great fight at the end. Great fight with Falcon. Great comic relief from Michael Pena.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just back from seeing it. Good shit. The 2 mid/after credits scenes were good too.

Saw it today and enjoyed. Great fight at the end. Great fight with Falcon. Great comic relief from Michael Pena.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

:cool:

I think reviews like this from real movie fans is much more beneficial to marvel OVERALL ...and more important then breaking records.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I think having similar powers makes it interesting because it shows the hero what he could become. And once Marvel gets Spidey rolling it will kill this argument. The Sinister Six alone is very different from him.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I think having similar powers makes it interesting because it shows the hero what he could become. And once Marvel gets Spidey rolling it will kill this argument. The Sinister Six alone is very different from him.

is the sinister six movie still coming out?

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
is the sinister six movie still coming out?

No but who knows what Marvel has planned for him. I still want Norman Osborne to go straight to Iron Patriot and the Dark Avengers. We have done Green Goblin already. Acknowledge it and move on.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No but who knows what Marvel has planned for him. I still want Norman Osborne to go straight to Iron Patriot and the Dark Avengers. We have done Green Goblin already. Acknowledge it and move on.

It seems like Marvel can do just about anything and make it work; I mean Guardian did like 350mill domestically and ant man will do like 150mill; those numbers are staggering and very impressive for less known comic heros; If they did the dark avengers shit would be crazy...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I swear if they mess up Black Panther....
they did it on purpose.

I agree but they wont; Marvel is very concerned about their brand and MCU; It seems to me that the Marvel Studio movies get better and better; I expect Black Panther to be written/created the same way...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Weekend Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Towers Over ‘Pixels’, 'Paper Towns'

abfdeb1ee49dfafeb1a7f0b5e7f6784b12328400.jpg

Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man narrowly beat Adam Sandler’s new action-comedy, Pixels, at the North American box office in another blow for Sandler, whose standing at the multiplex has been on the wane.

Pixels debuted to $24 million from 3,723 theaters, not a good start for a summer tentpole that cost Sony and its financing partners at least $88 million to produce. The movie hopes to make up ground overseas, where it launched in 40 percent of the marketplace this weekend.

In its second weekend, Ant-Man grossed $24.8 million from 3,868 for a 10-day domestic cume of $106.1 million and global haul of $226.5 million for Disney and Marvel Studios. Both films, along with Minions, competed for family love in North America.

Opinion is divided as to whether Thursday night’s fatal theater shooting in Louisiana during a screening of Trainwreck hurt moviegoing over the weekend, particularly family friendly and younger-skewing titles. Some say it had no impact; others say yes. “It’s hard to ignore but difficult to quantify,” said one studio executive.

Directed by Christopher Columbus, Pixels stars Sandler, Kevin James, Peter Dinklage and Josh Gad as a group of friends battling aliens who have used video games from the 1980s to attack earth. Pixels has been ravaged critics, while audiences gave it a mediocre B CinemaScore. The tentpole was co-financed by LStar Capital and China Film Group, guaranteeing a run in China.

Pixels wasn’t the only new offering to underwhelm in North America. John Green YA film adaptation Paper Towns, relying on teen and tween girls, came in well behind expectations with $12.5 million from 3,031 theaters (it had been expected to approach $20 million). At the same time, the film cost a modest $12 million to make.

Last summer, The Fault in Our Stars debuted to a stunning $48 million for Fox and Green. However, that book was more popular than Paper Towns, while the film adaptation of Fault boasted a bigger star in Shailene Woodley. Paper Towns stars Nat Wolff and Cara Delevingne, and earned a B+ CinemaScore.

Conversely, Antoine Fuqua’s adult-skewing boxing drama, Southpaw, starring Jake Gyllenhaal, overperformed to beat Paper Towns. The Weinstein Co. title earned $16.5 million from 2,772 theaters for a fifth-place finish (Paper Towns placed No. 6).

Nabbing an A CinemaScore, the $30 million film stars Gyllenhaal as a boxer who finds success with the gloves on, but is having major issues in his personal life. Rachel McAdams, Rita Ora, Forest Whitaker, Naomie Harris and 50 Cent co-star. The script was written by Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter.

Other adult-skewing titles also did well this weekend, including Trainwreck, starring Amy Schumer and directed by Judd Apatow. Despite the tragic shooting, the R-rated comedy dropped only 43 percent to $17.3 million from 3,171 theaters for a 10-day domestic total of $61.5 million for Universal.

Thursday’s shooting has no doubt rattled Hollywood studios and theater owners. The tragedy comes almost exactly three years after James Holmes opened fire in a theater in Aurora, Colo., at a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises, killing 12 people and injuring dozens of others.

Like Holmes, the Louisiana gunman, John Russel Houser, was alone when he bought a ticket to see Trainwreck at the Grand Theatre in Lafayette, La. About 20 minutes in, he opened fire and then tried to exit the auditorium. When he spotted police, he went back into the theater and shot himself.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Michael Douglas: ‘I Was Left Giving The Exposition And Plot On Ant-Man’

Michael Douglas said that his character Hank Pym is there for “exposition” in ‘Ant-Man’ and would love to get funnier lines if he’s in the sequel.

Talking to Yahoo Movies, Douglas said that while the rewrite of the script by star Paul Rudd and ‘Anchorman’ director Adam McKay made the film funnier, he didn’t get any of the good lines.

He said: “Paul and Adam (McKay’s) re-write bought a lot more humour. I accused Paul of bringing a lot more humour to his character! Michael Pena can take care of himself. I on the other hand was left giving the exposition and the plot, which I was happy to do…”

He also revealed that he isn’t signed up for any sequels, but would be happy to play Pym again now that has carried the burden of setting up the origin story.

“I’m not signed up to anything more,” he said. “I’ve learned a whole lot and would look forward to more if it comes my way but if not I’ve enjoyed the experience.

“Now that I understand a bit more about Hank Pym too. I think in this one I had to carry a lot of plot and exposition. In the next one I hope things get a little more bizarre… the Quantum Realm!”

We also asked Douglas whether fellow Marvel star Robert Downey Jr. was worth the reported $80 million he will earn this year for playing Tony Stark in the franchise.

“Robert’s story is a great story,” he said. “For the first ‘Iron Man’ he had to pay for his own insurance to do it! That’s the history of sequels, if they’re that successful and continue to be successful then your salary goes up. All the power to him!”

Venom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can someone post the second end credit scene? walked out after mid credit and can't find it on google or youtube.
I would rate this movie in the bottom 3 of MCU. I liked both Hulk's better. I give it a B-. 3D could've been
better. More 3D during Yellow Jacket battles.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I enjoyed this a lot

I knew pretty much nothing about Ant Man. It was pretty dope. I think I enjoyed it more than Avengers 2.

untouchable212

International
International Member
I enjoyed this a lot

I knew pretty much nothing about Ant Man. It was pretty dope. I think I enjoyed it more than Avengers 2.

I'm in the same boat, its baffling to me how many people tell me they enjoyed avengers, i thought it was a complete dissapointment, its like they rehashed the first movie with a worse off villan, and a weaker plot. The climax also was very weak, i never felt like the avengers were endanger this one. Joss Wheddon has to do better next time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm in the same boat, its baffling to me how many people tell me they enjoyed avengers, i thought it was a complete dissapointment, its like they rehashed the first movie with a worse off villan, and a weaker plot. The climax also was very weak, i never felt like the avengers were endanger this one. Joss Wheddon has to do better next time.

Joss is done with directing producing and writing now.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
I just saw it and two things with the plot stuck out:

1)When Scott got arrested, why the hell did they need a dozen cars for a guy who was essentially caught trespassing? When he escaped, why did they respond like Bin-Laden had gotten away?

2)Hank Pym had the cops waiting for Scott. Why didn't he just tell them he wasn't going to press charges instead of helping him escape?

marca

Rising Star
OG Investor
I just saw it and two things with the plot stuck out:

1)When Scott got arrested, why the hell did they need a dozen cars for a guy who was essentially caught trespassing? When he escaped, why did they respond like Bin-Laden had gotten away?

2)Hank Pym had the cops waiting for Scott. Why didn't he just tell them he wasn't going to press charges instead of helping him escape?

not sure on fist but the second it was his daughter who had scott arrested not hank