Man I know a motherfucking alien when I see one

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/09/white-giraffes-kenya-video-spd/
With their elongated necks and bright bodies, it’s hard to miss a white giraffe, especially when there are two.

A white female and baby giraffe were first spotted on a reserve in Kenya in early August by rangers at the Hirola Conservation Program. Video they posted on YouTube recently skyrocketed in popularity as viewers marveled over the rarity of seeing the pale animal.

While many have been quick to label the giraffe as albino, it likely suffers from a genetic condition called leucism, which inhibits skin cells from producing pigment but allows other organs, like eyes, to be dark colored. Albinism, a congenital condition, inhibits the body from producing pigment in all organs, and animals with this condition often have pink eyes.

The condition, while rare, is not unheard of. It was last seen in a giraffe calf at Tanzania’s Tarangire National Park.

Despite their inability to produce colorful pigment, giraffes and other animals with leucism don’t face genetic disadvantages to their survival, but their color can attract unwanted attention.

More than half of all giraffes don’t make it past six months of age, according to the Giraffe Conservation Foundation. They’re targeted by predators such as lions and hyenas.

In the comment section of the Hirola Conservation Program’s video, viewers also voiced concerns that widely circulating images of the animals and their location could make them more susceptible to poaching.

Following the birth of a white giraffe in their refuge, the Tarangire National Park took care to ensure the giraffe was safe from poachers. Hirola has not announced any such security.

Hirola noted in a blog post that this was the first time many of the community rangers had seen a white giraffe. They anecdotally wondered if the genetic condition is becoming more common, but no studies revealed whether this could be true.

Giraffes aren’t the only animal to make headlines for unique, white fur. Earlier this month, a rare white moose was seen in Sweden walking through tall grass. White lions and white penguins have also been spotted with similar pigment conditions.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ol cooking ass knicca...how should I cook my ribs? Brah

:roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3:

I'm a fan of the 3-2-1 and the 2-2-1.

Cook on the grill grates for 3 hours, wrap for 2 then cook again unwrapped for last hour. Couple times I used this method I couldn't get the ribs off the cooking grate without them falling apart. Wayyyyyyyy too tender.

Now I cook on the grill grates for 2 hours, then wrap for two hours then unwrapped for last hour.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Cook on the grill grates for 3 hours, wrap for 2 then cook again unwrapped for last hour. Couple times I used this method I couldn't get the ribs off the cooking grate without them falling apart. Wayyyyyyyy too tender.

Now I cook on the grill grates for 2 hours, then wrap for two hours then unwrapped for last hour.

What if im using a smoker..? It changes right? Brah

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member

yep you have to adjust depending on the internal temp... cut the time shorter for baby backs. because they cookcook faster and have less fat

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2-2-1 method rub them bitches in some olive oil.... rub them with your rub of choice smoke at 225.....start with hickory smoke .switch to pecan after the first hour

you will have family members fighting each other for them ribs

5 hour cook? Huh brah

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why cherry? Brah
Cherry is my favorite wood to cook with. I like hickory too and usually use a combination. Its just a matter of what flavors you prefer in your meat. I don't like mesquite or pecan, but some people love them. Apple is good with chicken.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend