Man drives 20 blocks with R6 in grill

2jzmk3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Taken from http://blackjoe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6634

My wife and I were driving home last night, after spending the weekend on Lopez Island with some friends. After getting off the freeway, we were approaching the light at 175th and Meridian, when I see a guy on a motorcycle coming down the hill (eastbound on 175th) with a fullsize van barrelling down behind him. Before I could even think about what was about to happen, it happened. The van went right through him and sent the motorcylist off the bike and rolling to the ground.

The van continues right down without even braking the hill without losing momentum and takes a left (northbound) onto Meridian Ave. I look up the hill and see the rider getup and run out of the street, with a dozen cars stopped around him. "Holy fucking shit" - My wife and I cannot really believe what we are seeing. Seeing that the guy was apparently okay (not dead, at least) and that there were several people around, I take off after the van. My wife immediately gets on the phone with 911.

After 20 blocks and one red light, the guy finally pulls over . . . R6 still planted in grill.

A big truck pulls in front of him, another behind, and I pull up on his left. A couple of tough looking dudes come out of the truck and start yelling at the guy . . . I notice that they are both armed with pistols. They reach in and pull the keys and continue to yell at the guy. At this point, I'm feeling very weird about putting my wife and I right next to a confilct involving guns. I then notice that they have badges on necklaces as they drag the driver out of the van by his hair. Red and blue lights arrive on the scene.

After giving the po po a statement and our contact info, we drove back to the scene of the accident and saw the paramedics putting the stretcher into the ambulance. The guy had been wearing a leather jacket, helmet, & jeans. From what I could see of his legs, there wasn't really any road rash. They had him on a board with a neck brace, which I'm guessing is standard procedure, so hopefully he will come away from all of this okay.

The whole thing was really disturbing for both my wife and I. I thought about it in terms of how I viewed this "as a motorcyclist" and realized that it mattered very little. Of course I can relate a bit more in terms of my own fears (and the fears my wife must have about me riding), but really, it was about witnessing such a foul excuse for a human being. It could have been a cyclist, a pedestrian in a crosswalk, or even another cager forced to swerve into a tree. This guy was on a mission and had absolutely no regard for anybody he was injuring or endangering. Had I never put a leg over a bike, I don't think my reaction would be any different.

The fact that there were undercover cops on the scene seems like a hell of a coincidence. I'm thinking that they may have already been following the guy for something else. We overheard them saying "we couldn't pull him over", which is obvious given their lack of lights and siren. Did they mean before or after the crash?

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG
[/QUOTE]

DCphdman

Star
Registered
alot of people getting killed on motorcyles... life can only be gambled with so many times before you lose..

OakLane22

Potential Star
OG Investor
Bullshit! he saw the damn bike. and he knew what he did when he rode off!
As a rider you are very aware of the dangers evertime you get on the bike. You just pray and hope your able to react to the different scenarios that arise. I deal with people making abrupt left turns cutting me off or pulling out of side streets without even looking to see if any traffic is approaching.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn i might be changing my mind about getting a bike...........................maybe not i still going get it

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
OakLane22 said:
Bullshit! he saw the damn bike. and he knew what he did when he rode off!
As a rider you are very aware of the dangers evertime you get on the bike. You just pray and hope your able to react to the different scenarios that arise. I deal with people making abrupt left turns cutting me off or pulling out of side streets without even looking to see if any traffic is approaching.
CO-SIGN!!!!

TurboDerek

Potential Star
Platinum Member
i've heard alot lot of stories like this lately. I got cut off at 80 mph twice on my way to work on my bike. Both times cages jumped the double yellow to get in the HOV lane.

kilam

Potential Star
Registered
dat shit will buff right out.:lol:
he'll be back out riding in no time...

but for real.....dat shit is crazy

smutman

Star
Registered
Why don't people respect motorcycle riders like any other driver on the road. They just think because they are in a car they can just bully people on bikes. :smh: :smh:

older version

A version older
Registered
I don't believe this story. How was he driving home one night but these puictures are in broad daylight.

If anyone is to blame, its probably the motorcyclist, he probably weaved his way right in front of that van but he got what he deserved this time.

Devilstrider

Rising Star
OG Investor
older version said:
I don't believe this story. How was he driving home one night but these puictures are in broad daylight.

If anyone is to blame, its probably the motorcyclist, he probably weaved his way right in front of that van but he got what he deserved this time.

Hear we go! Gets popcorn and waits.

older version

A version older
Registered
Devilstrider said:
Hear we go! Gets popcorn and waits.

Put the popcorn down. If you have something to say why not say it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jUoXJlzME48 (1:05-1:15)

all throughout this movie the sudden brake lights were having to be hit by cars because of the cyclists in front of the cameraman and this was only the first example I found without searching hard.

That old panel van might not have had good enough brakes (or reaction time) when the motorcycle fool pulled 6 lanes in front of him to get off the exit.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I have one very simple and steadfast rule when I ride. I ride in such a way and with the belief that everybody on the road is out to kill me. My head is on a swivel looking for danger in all directions. I am always scanning my mirrors for who is behind me and how they are approaching me (i.e. not slowing down as the are coming to the light I am stopped at.) Of course no matter how safe you try to be there is always a chance something can happen, but I try to make that chance as slim as nicole richie. Sometime I will blow my horn (which is an upgraded air horn) or rev my engine (modified pipes) just to make sure other drivers are aware of my proximity to them.