Louisiana high school student accepted into 115 colleges, offered over $3M in scholarships

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
BRAVO !!!!!! :bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

sidebar: if she got accepted at 115 of them ... just how many did she apply to ???

Congratulations are in order! A Louisiana high school senior has been accepted into 115 colleges and been offered more scholarship money than any other college-bound senior in the country this year.

Eighteen-year-old Antoinette Love is a senior at the International High School of New Orleans (IHSNO).

“I started applying in September, and just kept applying and applying until my tiny mailbox at home was suddenly overflowing with letter after letter and dozens of scholarship offers,” Love is quoted saying in a press release from her school.

To date, she has been accepted into 115 colleges and universities across the country and has been offered a total of $3,775,230 in scholarships. She now holds the national distinction of being among the top seniors accepted by the most colleges with the most financial offers in scholarships.

She is reportedly still awaiting responses from 12 more universities.

Love is the oldest of five children and spends most of her time helping raise her little siblings whose ages range between 9 and 15.

During her time at IHSNO, she was inducted into the National Senior Beta Club, the National Honor Society, the National English Honor Society and Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society.

“This really is a dream come true,” Love reportedly said. “All my hours of studying, writing and classes have paid off in the best possible way and I can’t wait to move forward and start my college education.”

Love plans to major in elementary education.

Love advises other seniors who are applying to colleges and searching for scholarships to “apply, apply, apply.”

https://fox8.com/2019/04/24/louisia...115-colleges-offered-over-3m-in-scholarships/

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BRAVO !!!!!! :bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

sidebar: if she got accepted at 115 of them ... just how many did she apply to ???

Congratulations are in order! A Louisiana high school senior has been accepted into 115 colleges and been offered more scholarship money than any other college-bound senior in the country this year.

Eighteen-year-old Antoinette Love is a senior at the International High School of New Orleans (IHSNO).

“I started applying in September, and just kept applying and applying until my tiny mailbox at home was suddenly overflowing with letter after letter and dozens of scholarship offers,” Love is quoted saying in a press release from her school.

To date, she has been accepted into 115 colleges and universities across the country and has been offered a total of $3,775,230 in scholarships. She now holds the national distinction of being among the top seniors accepted by the most colleges with the most financial offers in scholarships.

She is reportedly still awaiting responses from 12 more universities.

Love is the oldest of five children and spends most of her time helping raise her little siblings whose ages range between 9 and 15.

During her time at IHSNO, she was inducted into the National Senior Beta Club, the National Honor Society, the National English Honor Society and Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society.

“This really is a dream come true,” Love reportedly said. “All my hours of studying, writing and classes have paid off in the best possible way and I can’t wait to move forward and start my college education.”

Love plans to major in elementary education.

Love advises other seniors who are applying to colleges and searching for scholarships to “apply, apply, apply.”

https://fox8.com/2019/04/24/louisia...115-colleges-offered-over-3m-in-scholarships/
Thanks just wondering when folks apply to so many colleges do they take other candidates place especially other black folks tying to get in....

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
Don't you just love BLACK EXCELLENCE.

giphy.gif

BEST COMMERCIAL ON TV RIGHT NOW

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
I see these stories all the times, they were dope at first now it's attention whoring. But still dope tho.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So were her application fees waives or sponsored by someone...? Cuz even at a conservative $20 per app thats over $2K in fees......

I applied to what 5 schools and that shit was like $150 - $200 back in 2000 so I know the fees have gone up....

Aside from that, props to her. She worked hard an this is the fruit of that labor

doghouse

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congrats to the young sister. Good to that see one of our best and brightest decided to give back.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
So were her application fees waives or sponsored by someone...? Cuz even at a conservative $20 per app thats over $2K in fees......

I applied to what 5 schools and that shit was like $150 - $200 back in 2000 so I know the fees have gone up....

Aside from that, props to her. She worked hard an this is the fruit of that labor
my niece got a letter from one of these ivy league school telling her, that after reviewing her records she would be a good fit and they would like for her to apply to the school. It maybe a combination of that and applying to others.