Louis Johnson Is A Bass Beast!!!

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNoPTsU7V7c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNoPTsU7V7c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

funky incredible!

:yes:

long live the funk!

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Brothers Johnson used to be the SHIT!!! I got 2 of their cd's in my mp3 player right now. And that's Patti Austin singing with them.

PussyMan

Rising Star
OG Investor
That's a classic. Quincy with his own band performing his own Production. Louis, Patti and James Ingram all on stage LIVE!!!!!
That's the bomb !!!!!

Bravo

Support BGOL
Registered
When I was a little kid, my oldest brother used to tell me about the Brothers Johnson. This is the first time heard any of their performances. I feel deprived.

Leeeeeee

Star
Registered
Bravo said:
When I was a little kid, my oldest brother used to tell me about the Brothers Johnson. This is the first time heard any of their performances. I feel deprived.

Check out some albums....that shit will blow you away....."Strawberry Letter 23", "We Supply All Your Funky Needs", vids are better, cause youngn's who weren't raised with entertainers who really played instruments are deprived from what I enjoy most as a live music enthusiast......watching those hands bring that sound out of the instrument.....not just listening, but looking at what it takes from the hands to create what I am listening to.

That being said.....you think Luis is bad.....check out Stanley Clarke...School Days...Rocks, Pebbles and Sand, etc.

BTW....they all played for Q.

D-Nice 1

Star
Registered
TEN, you just made a Brother's Saturday my friend.

Thank you for this EXCEPTIONAL drop fella.

WOW!!!

*wipes tears from eyes*
:wepraise:
D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)​

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thoughtone said:
I understand that "Thunder Thumbs" and "Lighting Licks" are fueding.
They've made up and have toured a few times since. I have a DVD by them that came out not too long ago! Big brother is a bit overbearing espescially during interviews! Louis barely gets a word in so I can see where the conflict stems from!

D-Nice 1

Star
Registered
It's RIDICULOUS all that talent on that one stage!!!! Don't overlook the LEGENDARY keyboardist (on the key-tar) Greg Phillinganes. Widely regarded as the best keyboardist in the industry for decades.

I feel sorry for you youngbloods. Y'all missed sooooooooo much.:smh: :(

D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)

phlipcyde

Support BGOL
Registered
**comes out of lurk mode**

Thanks from the young-old heads!!! this brings back good memories. they don't make good music like this anymore. Thanks.....

**goes back into lurk mode**

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
your welcome brotha Dnice

wassup brotha DWBass! was just over at your board,
bro if u ever hook up that brothers johnson dvd online please holla!

D-Nice 1

Star
Registered
TEN said:
your welcome brotha Dnice

wassup brotha DWBass! was just over at your board,
bro if u ever hook up that brothers johnson dvd online please holla!
I second that. :yes:

D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all need to school an OG on how to rip DVD's to avi or mpeg! I got a nice handful of music dvd's I'd love to convert and share!