Los Angeles

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Alright I live in the South Bay so forgive me if it seems a little tilted to the southern part of the city.

Hiking:
Del Cerro Park - its in Palos Verdes all the way down at the end of Crenshaw.

Runyon Cannon Park - this is where a lot of Hollywood folks take their hiking photos for the gram. I haven’t been in about 7 years but I remember the way down kind of kicked my ass.

Culver City Stairs - this is a nice spot to look at ass and get a good workout. Also there are some excellent views overlooking the city and Baldwin Hills once you get to the top. Its very active spot to go, especially when its hot.

Los Liones Trailhead - near Pacific Palisades. I discovered this place when the chick I met at the Veveu Cliqot event suggested we go there for our firs date. You want to park on the street near the Church of Latter Day Saints and start there. The first 45 min is a bitch but after you get through the narrow trail and trees, there are some nice views at the top overlooking the city. Not as good as Runyon though.

Walking/People Watching
Aviation Park aka Redondo Beach track - on Aviation and Manhattan. This is a spot I used to go run at. It be tons of folks out there, kids playing soccer, adults on the track, personal trainers getting the sessions on. I drive past there every morning and I see ass in spandex early getting it in. Lol

Wilson Park - in Torrance. Nice spacious area. People all over. I discovered this place in the height of the pandemic cause Redondo Beach track was closed.

Beach
Dockweiler Beach - I know folks in here are on Manhattan and all but if you want to go where OUR people are whether its a Labor day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, MLK, etc, this the place to be. Black folks set up shop here. I remember riding my bike down the strand one day and I saw a whole crowd of AKAs and Deltas.

Thats all I got for now.
I also want to mention walk the Strand. It ain’t a park but you’ll catch a lot of eye candy while you get your walk on :yes:
Cool. Right on.

Yeah I’m familiar with the South Bay. I don’t know how much is open since they shut everything down. So you saying if I go there now I’m good to go all these places?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool. Right on.

Yeah I’m familiar with the South Bay. I don’t know how much is open since they shut everything down. So you saying if I go there now I’m good to go all these places?
Yeah. That’s all outside stuff and people are just now getting more activated since the cases have been going down and things opening back up.

Only caveat is I wouldn’t stroll down to Dockweiler unless its a holiday. Black folks don’t be at the beaches like that but let it be Memorial Day, 4th of July or even Juneteenth. Last year was the first time I seen so much activity around Juneteenth west of Texas. A lot of energy spurn from the protest last year and I think it will continue. Last year they had a big block party in Leimert Park. I didn’t go but I saw instagram feeds. Shit was nuts!!!

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I'll try to help you but keep in mind, LA is like no other city. Shit might be popping at one spot one weekend, and the next weekend on the same day nothing aint happening. It took me a while to get used to this shit cause I didn't know any promoters and I'm used to a place to hang out each night. Shit rotates around here. I tried to give you all the names of the most stable clubs/lounges that I know off the top of my head.

Friday: Hollywood =>Las Palmas:yes:, The Green Door, Cabana, Empire,
Santa Monica => Zanzibar
Redondo Beach => The Pier (if you want to kick it with the white folks)

Saturday: Hollywood => Lavida, The W Hollywood, My House, The Highlands, Drea's(right next to W):eek::eek:
Los Angeles => Orchid
Downtown => LA Live
Inglewood => GS on Manchester, J Spot on Manchester
Long Beach => Cohiba's

I'm spent:hmm:
What's good places for food?
If you don't club, what's there to do?
Where is the Nipsey mural?

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I am trying to find a new city to setup shop while I am in the U.S., this gay racist stalking is getting old. They tried some retarded scheme to injure or kill me before. I have been all over, none of the places are appealing which leaves me stuck here, they have their pros and cons.

I just need a good spot without the hassle and gay stalking by the men. I just don't like peons hovering over me all day long and chasing me.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's good places for food?
If you don't club, what's there to do?
Where is the Nipsey mural?
I hate giving out restaurant suggestions cause I’m usually picky with where I want to eat. But Manhattan Beach Pier, Hermosa Beach pier has nice restaurants up and down the street. One of my favorite restaurants is downtown not sure if its still open though.

I don’t club either but house parties be the shit!!! Last night I got invited to Christian Combs’ birthday party out in Agoura Hills. Free drinks and free weed all night. But when things weren’t open and no house parties going on, I’d hit up one of the lounges in Downtown on either Taco Tuesdays or Friday nights. When I was younger I used to hit Hollywood heavy but that aint my crowd anymore. Oh yeah GS on Manchester right across from the J Spot used to be my go to every week. They added another spot in Inglewood that is nicer but they shut it down as soon as it opened due to the pandemic. It might be back open for dining only now.

Nipsey’s mural? I’m inclined to ask which one cause there used to be one off the 405 downtown near the 6th street exits. But I’m assuming you’re referring to the one in the neighborhood right behind the store?

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
dulans, roscoe’s mid town, comfort dtla, serving spoon, howlin rays , sweet chick, Cjs, bludso bbq, Alta west alma
Thanks you!!
I hate giving out restaurant suggestions cause I’m usually picky with where I want to eat. But Manhattan Beach Pier, Hermosa Beach pier has nice restaurants up and down the street. One of my favorite restaurants is downtown not sure if its still open though.

I don’t club either but house parties be the shit!!! Last night I got invited to Christian Combs’ birthday party out in Agoura Hills. Free drinks and free weed all night. But when things weren’t open and no house parties going on, I’d hit up one of the lounges in Downtown on either Taco Tuesdays or Friday nights. When I was younger I used to hit Hollywood heavy but that aint my crowd anymore. Oh yeah GS on Manchester right across from the J Spot used to be my go to every week. They added another spot in Inglewood that is nicer but they shut it down as soon as it opened due to the pandemic. It might be back open for dining only now.

Nipsey’s mural? I’m inclined to ask which one cause there used to be one off the 405 downtown near the 6th street exits. But I’m assuming you’re referring to the one in the neighborhood right behind the store?
Yes that's probably it. One of my sisters want to go.

Another question, I'm not a weed smoker but my oldest sister is, what's the rules, best spots, etc? No smoking in hotel, so that's not an option because that smoking fee will hit my pocket lol

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks you!!

Another question, I'm not a weed smoker but my oldest sister is, what's the rules, best spots, etc? No smoking in hotel, so that's not an option because that smoking fee will hit my pocket lol
I don’t smoke so I can’t help you on that one. Lol

But from what I’ve seen is the smoking/non smoking rules that apply for tobacco are the same for weed.

b-stro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks you!!

cookies and sherbinsky in Melrose

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey fellas, sorry if this is off topic but question: is 100,000 a year enough to live comfortably in L.A. despite the high cost of living?

thanks.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Fellas Im coming back soon. I need some good brunch spots to eat at in LA. Especially if it’s Black owned.

Hey fellas, sorry if this is off topic but question: is 100,000 a year enough to live comfortably in L.A. despite the high cost of living?

thanks.
In LA yes that’s good. In the Bay Area no. When I get back to Cali I have to move to LA because it’s cheaper there