Los Angeles County To Dismiss Nearly 66,000 Weed Convictions Dating Back To 1961....

Simply_Black

International
International Member

Simply_Black

International
International Member
so are they going refund some of the money people has to spend to fight those bullshit charges and convictions?

That's the big question.

Many people lives were destroyed from meaningless prison sentences which resulted in lost job earnings, houses repossessed, reputations damaged, etc.

There need to be some form of compensation for those who really suffered unnecessarily.

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the big question.

Many people lives were destroyed from meaningless prison sentences which resulted in lost job earnings, houses repossessed, reputations damaged, etc.

There need to be some form of compensation for those who really suffered unnecessarily.
Bingo. They knew they set us back decades as a people bruh. That generational wealth will not be obtained by hundreds of thousands if not millions of young men because our gov't villainized young black and brown men.. They, we, were targeted by this country of ours and still are. Its no excuse to persecute your own citizens. A lot of us sit in rooms with white people at work and realize we're the only person of color there and this shit is part to blame why. Niggas couldn't even apply because their records had soil on it.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There is no way they are giving up compensation. They might expunge records or make them special case exemptions of some sort but America ain't trying to do right by us by no means. Cali ain't givin' up the goods; they are just trying to let some people out so they can get some votes to get Trump out of office. Cali has a big vendetta (rightfully so) against Trump.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the big question.

War on drugs...huh? Brah

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
There is no way they are giving up compensation. They might expunge records or make them special case exemptions of some sort but America ain't trying to do right by us by no means. Cali ain't givin' up the goods; they are just trying to let some people out so they can get some votes to get Trump out of office. Cali has a big vendetta (rightfully so) against Trump.

This makes no sense. California is a blue state and since we elect via the electoral college and not popular vote, this isn't an issue. Besides felons can vote in CA once they are released from prison and weed as been legal since 2016 and available for medical use since 1996. Anyone who was in jail should have already been released. I think they've even said it was ok for prisoners to have weed.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
How many Kamala signatures are on

Well she wasn't born until 1964 so I'm guessing that in 1966 she wasn't locking too many folks up and only had 13 years or so as a city DA or state AG.

Y'all hear this and automatically think black folks, but according to the racial break down in the article, it shows Latinos made up the larger percentage of folks being affected, and since we no longer care about anyone not ADOS oh well they can hold their own nuts.

According to the District Attorney’s Office, “Approximately 53,000 individuals will receive conviction relief through this partnership. Of those, approximately 32% are Black or African American, 20% are White, 45% are Latinx, and 3% are other or unknown.”

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Well she wasn't born until 1964 so I'm guessing that in 1966 she wasn't locking too many folks up and only had 13 years or so as a city DA or state AG.

Y'all hear this and automatically think black folks, but according to the racial break down in the article, it shows Latinos made up the larger percentage of folks being affected, and since we no longer care about anyone not ADOS oh well they can hold their own nuts.

According to the District Attorney’s Office, “Approximately 53,000 individuals will receive conviction relief through this partnership. Of those, approximately 32% are Black or African American, 20% are White, 45% are Latinx, and 3% are other or unknown.”
Oh OK, then I guess I should just dismiss these 1,900 people... My comment isn't about any color or ADOS, just asked I wondered how many she signed off on.

Campaign fact check: Here’s how Kamala Harris really prosecuted marijuana cases
As district attorney, Harris oversaw 1,900 convictions for pot offenses

Kamala Harris’ opponents and critics have picked apart her prosecution of marijuana crimes during her presidential run, knocking her for over-aggressive jailing of pot users and lambasting her as a hypocrite for saying she now supports legalizing the drug.

Last edited: